"Divine Damnation"

"Divine Damnation"

A Story by Ariadne Grey
"

Fallen from grace, ascend the depths. And meet on the mortal plane.

"
It was forbidden to have the taste of clouds on his burned tongue and have starlight reflected in his eyes, just as it was sacrilegious to taint their morning-lips with ashes and scorch their wings with hellfire.

Their fingertips feel like forgiveness and he aches to atone for his transgressions. He wonders what his touch feels on their flawless flesh, what effect soars through her astral body. Is it the same that sizzles beneath his fur?

Their dark locks, the shade of heaven at midnight, glide over his burning cheeks, and his charred strands, just like charcoal, prickle their smooth brow.

The demon sighs and the angel breathes in sulphur.

"You should start flying. Dawn's coming."

"It is always dawn somewhere here. And it is always dawn everywhere up there."

He is reverent to their word as if it was His Ultimate Goodness Himself who has spoken, rather than His wayward angel.

He reaches  over and traces the glowing ring over their pitch-black head. Their own personal variation of a brand.
"I pity the mortals."
The hell spawn rises to look at the celestial being in their eyes. Those sky-blue, ocean-deep, crystal-rare eyes.
They have often stated his own were the color of "lightning-streaked skies during earthly storms", and had professed they wouldn't mind the risk of a strike if it meant they could stay.
He choked down their confession, and for a moment wondered if that was how human priests felt like when sinful souls bared their insignificant crosses.
"We are powerful and immortal, and yet we still struggle for that which will remain unattainable. Such is mortality. An endless cycle of struggle. Pitiable."
They grab his horns and grip his mouth with their pearl teeth, drinking in his smoke like a drug. And his reciprocation is the quintessence of sin.
Their mutual scars, engraved into their clasped palms, burn with such intensity they both shiver.
Mated to an angel.
Soulbound to a demon.
"Stay with me."
"Take me with you."
Blue from the galaxy's heights converge with amethysts from the Earth's depths.
As the sun rises, he plunges them into the abyss.
- Ariadne Grey

© 2017 Ariadne Grey


Author's Note

Ariadne Grey
Since angels are believed to be genderless, or at least they do not adhere to our mortal conceptions of gender and sexuality, we will be using the plural, gender-neutral adjective "their" to refer to ours up there. Salutations to our non-binary, transgender, genderfluid siblings~

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on October 7, 2016
Last Updated on November 9, 2017
Tags: angel, demon, romance, damnation, salvation, non-binarycharacter, genderlesscharacter