Love, Fudge, and Fireworks Ch: 2

Love, Fudge, and Fireworks Ch: 2

A Chapter by CompellingComposer

    I returned home not long after that to an empty home. My house was nothing special but, as my mom would say it, it was home. It was an old trailer with creaky front steps, cobwebs in the windows, and was all together a bland, silvery color. The walls rattled and shook whenever it rained and roared like a long when the wind blew. The first thing I saw when I got home was a note.

    “ Went to Joanne’s. Will be home by morning.”

    I flipped open my tiny cell phone. It read two o’ clock a.m. I put it back in my pocket where it had been before.

    “ Guess what, mom,” I said to myself as I peeped into her room to see an empty bed. “ It’s morning.”

    Suddenly, I heard a quick rush of movement burst into the room and pounce onto the bed. It ran across the bed, tangling itself in the sheets. The creature sprung up into the air and sprinted toward my feet. Only then did it halt.

    “ Hey, Mo,” I said, bending down to pet his head. He purred affectionately. Mo was a stray my mom found living under our house. He was bright orange all over with the only exception being his blond feet and a blond patch under his chin. He’s really young, my mom says, that’s why he’s so energetic. He looked up at me with his auburn eyes and squeaked a tiny meow. As I stood up to go to my room, I heard Mo following close behind me. I slipped off my clothes, quickly brushed my tangled, blond hair, and slipped on some sweat pants and an old tee shirt. I crawled into bed to find Mo, curled up in a ball on one of my pillows. I pulled my sheets over me a laid back I closed my eyes, listening to Mo’s soft purring, but couldn’t sleep. I was too busy thinking, my thoughts swirling in my head like water whirling down the drain.

    “ I met someone today,” I said to my kitten. He lifted up his head and opened his eyes, as if he was interested in what I had to say. “ I was at the train tracks, again. I don’t know why I never use my common sense and find out if a train ever rides through anymore.” I sighed and turned on my side so I could face Mo. “ His name is Jonathan. I don’t know why he was out there so late at night, but that isn’t what puzzles me.”

    I flopped onto my back and stared at my plain, undecorated white ceiling, I sighed, adjusting my blankets. Rubbing my temples, I said,

    “ I’m just curious why he cared that I was there.”


© 2011 CompellingComposer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on September 13, 2011
Last Updated on September 13, 2011


Author

CompellingComposer
CompellingComposer

NC



About
My name is Megan and I have been writing poems since 4th grade and stories since 6th. I'm very, very young, as I've noticed from the ages of my fellow writers on this site. Yes, I am only 13, but writ.. more..

Writing