You Got This!! Ain't Nuthin` But A Thang!!

You Got This!! Ain't Nuthin` But A Thang!!

A Story by Constance Payne
"

This much I know, you must believe in yourself

"
I WIN!!!
So many times in life we just need someone to believe in us because it is difficult within that moment to believe in ourselves.  A simple thought that makes a difficult day or decision back off just long enough for us to take a breath.  I have spent many a year gathering these positive thoughts, many were given to me as a single parent from others who had lived through their struggles and survived which I often doubted that I would ever be able to do.  Some were given to me by a hoard of addicts who were struggling to get their life on a new path that would make them "okay" once again.  Some I have heard in movies, read in books, or just realized that truth of the words that I offered to another at a time when they could not believe in themselves.
These are by no means the "perfect" words nor a end all be all solution to the problem; yet they can change thoughts for a split second giving the thinker time to re-group and start over with a smile due to the delivery.  Within a 3x5 plastic case I keep cards with inspirations and personal reminders of that fact that I can do anything I choose to do.  When life gets to kicking me in the teeth, I whip out my card box and fight back with inspiration, education, and knowing that "I Got This!!  It Ain't Nuthin` But A Thang" !!
Will my inspirations solve all my problems?  AbSoLuTeLy not; but they will give me and those I share them with a stop gap long enough to breath and think.  If you can breath you still have a chance and if you can think you still have a chance to change. 
Some quotes from others that I have found helpful include:
Everything is possible for someone, why not you? ~ Father Martin

It is not what happens to you that determines how far you will go in life; it is how you handle what happens to you. ~ Zig Ziglar

I am not where I want to be but Thank God I am not where I use to be ~ Joyce Meyers

If you think you can or you think you cannot, you are correct either way ~ Henry Ford

Lasting peace always comes from changing the world within us; not the world around us. ~ Jeffery P. Whittman

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

No one can love you until you can love you. Fall in Love with yourself today! ~ Mavis Strong

Opinions vary in correctness depending upon your point of view. ~ Mandi O. Means

It is foolish to fear that which you cannot avoid ~ Confucius

You Got This!! Ain't Nuthin` But A Thang ~ Karman Warner

These are easily found and repeated and may like medication have to be repeated several times a day.  Yet, unlike medication, they do not have a nasty after taste, get stuck in your throat, or give you an allergic reaction. 
Make yourself a rescue box and when life gets to difficult to face, give yourself some first aid by giving yourself a boost from your box!

© 2013 Constance Payne


Author's Note

Constance Payne
Please ignore spelling; for this purpose the errors are correct.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very well-written. I read several self-help books in the late seventies, (feeling pretty beat-up after the second divorce from my first wife) and much of what you say here is in keeping with what I learned from them. Low self esteem is a hard one overcome.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Constance Payne

11 Years Ago

Thank You. Having worked at a Domestic Violence Shelter I learned that proper English is not always.. read more


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

Very well-written. I read several self-help books in the late seventies, (feeling pretty beat-up after the second divorce from my first wife) and much of what you say here is in keeping with what I learned from them. Low self esteem is a hard one overcome.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Constance Payne

11 Years Ago

Thank You. Having worked at a Domestic Violence Shelter I learned that proper English is not always.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 14, 2013
Last Updated on January 15, 2013
Tags: life, believe, belief, self-help, happiness, happyness, trust

Author

Constance Payne
Constance Payne

Saint James, MO



About
I am an Inspirational Photographer who desires to change her small part of the world. I aspire to inspire. I am a Master's Student in Community Counseling. I am who I am and that is all that I can .. more..

Writing