Thought # 1 on Depression and Solutions in the Bible

Thought # 1 on Depression and Solutions in the Bible

A Story by Cool-Universe
"

Holding on to anger can lead to depression...

"
Holding on to anger can lead to depression.

Genesis 4:5
5  but for Cain and for his offering He had no regard So Cain became very angry and his countenance fell.

One source, but not the only source, of depression is an anger that is of the flesh and not of God. Notice the relationship between Cain being very angry and sadness / depression. Cain became very angry and his countenance fell.

Are you holding on to the wrong kind of anger today? It can be a difficult thing to lay aside. Go to God in weakness and ask for His help. Then after prayer be dilligent to put the anger to death. One example may be a person that you need to forgive. The bitterness you store towards them sours you and can depress you. Forgive them. Do it both to please the Lord and also for your own mental health.

Nothing said in any of these articles is suggested as a substitute for professional help and/or doctor prescribed medicines.

Scripture quotations taken from the "NASB" ( www.lockman.org )

© 2011 Cool-Universe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

398 Views
Added on December 26, 2010
Last Updated on January 11, 2011
Tags: depression, anger, anger management, depressed, counseling, Bible, God, Jesus, Heaven