The Hike On The Terror Peak

The Hike On The Terror Peak

A Story by Darkswing
"

This here is my fourth story. Do enjoy it.

"
After a long and tiring month at work, we were finally blessed with a group outing as a celebration for what we have accomplished at work. All of us were decided as to what the outing would be. I being the leader of my team have called in for a meeting to decide as to where could we travel and enjoy. We actually had a long debate, as some decided to go for a Zoo, some decided to go for a picnic, some decided to have a movie followed by a home dinner. The debate went on for hours and the team could never come to a decided. I being the leader of six people started to think about the place where all would agree to go. So i quickly opened Google and checked for some nice spots.

After checking for a couple of minutes, i stumbled upon a sight that made me quite excited. I quickly calmed everyone down and in a dramatic act i showed them this marvelous mountain. Its name was "The Terror Peak". Most of us were amazed by the sight of the mountain that appeared as an image in my phone. While they lay there staring at this mountain. i put across my decision saying that we would be going hiking and also having our picnic in this green and beautiful mountain.

After a couple of seconds of declaring my decision, all the team members agreed but i cant imagine why people would name that mountain as the Terror Peak. Still, Dismissing that from my mind. We fixed a date and time and the travel arrangements as the journey was a day far from us and we were traveling by road in a huge SUV. All seven of us could easily fit and rest in that vehicle. The next night itself we left for that majestic mountain.

The journey on the road was ever more fun in our SUV then compared to anything else. We ate junk food, we drank beers and when it was turning dark out, we came across a Dhaba ( It was an roadside hotel which serves the best of Indian food and at the same times stays opens for a long period of time in the night). We stopped there and filled our stomach's up with tasty Indian food.

After we had our dinner, we left that Dhaba (Restaurant/Hotel) and began looking for a Motel. When we found one, we booked three rooms, in which one room was given to the three girls. One room was given to three guys and the last small room was for me. We spent the night there enjoying, jumping and talking about various topics.

The next morning, we left for that beautiful mountain. A couple of hours later, we reached our destination. As we exited the vehicle, we stood there amazed with the view of the mountain. as it was the most beautiful thing i have ever seen in my life. Its filled with many trees and the grass on the mountain was just shinning in the sunlight. It color has actually transformed the mountain into such a beautiful place. There used to be people all over the world who used this visit this amazing mountain.

After glaring at this magnificent mountain for a couple of minutes and also taking many pictures, we quickly booked three rooms and left  our stuff in our respective rooms and quickly dressed up for the hike and the picnic. Before we left we were offered lunch with which we began to sit down and eat. Then the hotel owner actually came to us and warned us about climbing that mountain. His exact words was "The more higher you climb, the more of you die. Stay away from the mountain." We dismissed what ever he said and we took off for our great hike.

We started to climb this mountain, the higher we climber, the more we began to feel free and the feeling of laying on that soft grass and look at the stars in the sky was beyond words . Slowly we decided to play a game of hide and seek. The first person was me who was actually supposed to find the guys. So i began counting and most of the guys actually hid behind some rocks that was actually laying there. I knew that as there was no other place for them to hide as there was only a group of trees.

Still i slowly opened my eyes, i started to look around and i was heading close to the stone in which they were hiding in. While i was approaching that huge pile of stone. I slowly notice some thing pass by towards my right side, i turned around but couldn't see anyone. Slowly i saw someone walk inside the woods. I slowly followed as i thought that my guys might be hiding there too. So i walked towards the trees. As i looked around i couldn't find anyone. Slowly, i heard a whisper in my ears calling out to me, i followed it until i reached to the deep part of the forest and when i looked ahead i saw a small house there. While i was walking towards i suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder, as i turned back i both scared and relieved to see my friends following me as they noticed me going deeper in to the forest and they followed me.

We all together suddenly began to hear a loud scream, like as if some one was yelling at the tip of their voice. It was the loudest scream i have ever heard. After a few minutes the scream subsided. Few seconds later, we all could see black shadows running at a rate of the speed of sound. It was followed by a ghost of a woman standing with blood over her face and the eyes filled with disgust. It was walking towards us. We couldn't  do anything as we were just screaming and we couldn't hold our breath.

The only thing that we could do was run inside the house. As we entered, we locked the door.  Just then we could hear nothing. It was calm and quiet. As we started to gain our wits, we decided to look around in the house. But to our surprise there was nothing much about the house. As it was hall and bedroom combined with only one small room for a kitchen adjacent to each other.

We were scared and confused. We could not grasp the idea on knowing that ghosts actually exist and at the same time what we thought of such a beautiful place being transformed into such ruin. We were also worried about our lives. We started to blame one another for what happened and as it turns out they were all pointing at me. I had no choice but to apologize but still it made matters a whole lot worse.

Suddenly, we heard many creaks in the walls of the house and at that same exact moment we could see some dead people coming out of those walls.  We were just paralyzed. We just screamed and closed our eyes. For a few seconds we lay there in the corner filled with fear.  The minute we began opening our eyes, the sight of what we could see would only be described as death approaching us within a heart beat.

We just lay there staring at the woman with blood all over her face and her red glaring eyes filled with anger. Her white dress was filled with blood and her hands were stretched out towards us  and her legs we facing the wrong side and behind her stood many other dead people. Just as she approached us and was coming to touch us, she became interrupted by a group of people running inside saying mantras and with just a second she slowly disappeared in the corner.

We were saved by these men. They gave us some water and helped us back to our Motel. We were relieved and we were starting to feel safe. Just before they left, we thanked them with some money and words with which they did not accept but they did share about what happened here. Apparently, A woman was staying in that house a couple of years ago, and she was a killer. She used to kill many people over the years but they could never catch her. She killed about 120 people in 3 years. It was getting a whole lot serious. She used the mountain to commit those murders. The story of this woman was never brought out in the news as they were afraid that it would effect the reputation of the mountain and at the same time reduce the chances of people coming here to visit.

On the fourth year, they finally caught her. They saw the opportunity when they heard a scream coming from the house. As they entered, they saw the woman cutting down a bleeding man who was trying to escape from her. Before they could get a hold of her, she threatened them by cutting her face and her neck for the bleeding to start and it followed by the words of what she uttered which was" I will never leave this mountain. Never!!". With that she feel down dead. After that day, people got a hold of this story and slowly people stopped coming to this mountain and for that it was forever called as "The Terror Peak".

After hearing this, we were shocked and we just wanted to leave, so we quickly picked up our stuff and we decided to leave and as we were going towards the car, we turned back towards the mountain only to see the woman stand near the peak, calling out to us. We were scared and we quickly jumped into the car and just before we could start it, we saw the people in the Motel going through walls and flying towards the woman. It is at that time we understood that the people we saw her were actually the people who she killed and who actually helped us. Apparently we were the only people that were alive there. We just drove out and swear to never come there again. That experience will haunt us forever.

© 2016 Darkswing


Author's Note

Darkswing
Please do excuse the way i write as i do it the way i imagine it and i will accept any feedback on these stories

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on September 9, 2016
Last Updated on September 9, 2016

Author

Darkswing
Darkswing

Secunderabad, Telangana, India



About
Greetings, I bid thee welcome, ladies and gents to know a little something about me. Here are some of the words you can use to describe me with : Solitary Author (In Progress) Horror Fanati.. more..

Writing