Always Sometimes Never

Always Sometimes Never

A Story by C.J.H.
"

Testing the waters of allowing my soul to cleanse. I look back and read and see much sadness, while somehow I grow from the process.

"

 I was well aware of the hidden misunderstandings, I carried within feelings I just could never show. We were stuck in loving in all the planning, how it would end and how you could never know. Somehow I should have and I wanted it to be different. Can you save those looks for someone else?


She is just standing there silent. There is a hand touch, if only a reach could ever happen between us. There is nothing, I can't smile anymore..... she will move on to another that will only leave tears...... and then I wonder..... could I have been better? When is the side of the bed taken by the night? Head down, with her tears and all I know to say, 'I'm sorry'.


There is devastation within wants and needs, and all it seems to be. Please God, why can't I survive as me? I never asked for the first breath, yet I'm asked to take my last? Promise a life for those in my heart and mind, and I will leave alas. There will be no need for a smile, nor another bath. I never want to be here, living life through these nightmares.


A single tear forms, not upon my face yet I feel it in pain. What have I taken, which makes a simple goodbye impossible to gain? I never was what she wanted, somehow she still lives hopeful..... hopeful I may someday change. Inside I know, and any explanation won't relieve her strain. Against a single stone, my head will bang. Here for you a heart of mine, I've drained.... only for you.


© 2016 C.J.H.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on October 21, 2016
Last Updated on October 21, 2016

Author

C.J.H.
C.J.H.

Austin, TX



About
Introverted with too much to say. Practicing with sitting down at the keyboard. In general my writings appear instantaneously. As I go through my journals, I may post some. However; sad, happy, .. more..

Writing