Hero In Death

Hero In Death

A Story by C.J.H.
"

Written after 14 months of sobriety

"

I've tried for so long, to not become this.  Heroin Death........... otherwise, for people to learn from my mistakes, because they cost my last breath.  To try to explain, to a junkie, that it doesn't have to end this way?  There is a better chance? I feel the hardest part is letting you know, that it is worth every effort, to find a better way to live.  That it takes more than a year, to feel that you will someday again, be normal?  But not the same.  The songs that lead dreary eyes, to close....... along with the heart.  I know I have seen the bottom and it was far worse, than:  the sleeping behind Target, Flying the sign, or running down the street with someone's hard earned possessions, & overdosing in the hotel or coming close to it, in a port-o-potty.


           It's hard to tell you, that it will get better.  Is the wife and kid, but still working fast food to make a buck, really better?  All the running around and getting and paying it down?  Bills paid, food in the pantry, and still I feel like a square?  Still having problems, but not with trying to get a hit?  Yes!!!!  I wish I could save you, but it has to start with you.  And you will fall down, but giving up is what will kill you.

© 2016 C.J.H.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Honest and powerful words and thoughts in the poetry.
"Yes!!!! I wish I could save you, but it has to start with you. And you will fall down, but giving up is what will kill you."
Addition is hell. Even beat, can sneak-up on us. I understand the above lines. I lost three brothers to booze and drugs. Thank you for sharing your amazing words and thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 22, 2016
Last Updated on October 22, 2016
Tags: #Heroin, #Addiction, #NotAlone, #Hope

Author

C.J.H.
C.J.H.

Austin, TX



About
Introverted with too much to say. Practicing with sitting down at the keyboard. In general my writings appear instantaneously. As I go through my journals, I may post some. However; sad, happy, .. more..

Writing