Vision

Vision

A Story by Joseph Norris
"

MarvelOptioncs promotional web copy

"

Helen Keller said, "The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision."


While we can often see the world around us in glorious color and three dimensions, our journey through it is what matters. More importantly, is what we do along that journey and why. A very few lead introverted lives and only focus on today's self-indulgence. They contemplate little more than themselves and see the world as it is with no foresight of what could be. Most of us strive to make tomorrow better than today. We work diligently to bring it into reality with steadfast determination. That vision for a better world drives parents to teach their children right from wrong, inventors to create.  It exists in our children's dreams of becoming something when they grow up. Humanity's entire history is driven by this burning vision of a better world. It has made humanity sail the seas, question the nature of existence, and ease the suffering of our fellow humans.  It pushes us to address climate change and the soul-crushing poverty of developing nations now. Even the pessimism of artists depicting dystopian times serves to warn us of the mistakes we make today so we may have a better tomorrow.


Helen Keller knew without the vision of a better world the human spirit diminishes. It is part of who we are and who we need to be.

© 2019 Joseph Norris


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on April 18, 2019
Last Updated on April 18, 2019

Author

Joseph Norris
Joseph Norris

Nampa, ID



About
Who am I? I am the guy standing behind you at the checkout counter when you elect to pay with all pennies, or forget your checkbook; I am driving the car that hits the beer can you tossed out your win.. more..

Writing