Silencing the Inner Critic

Silencing the Inner Critic

A Poem by Soundsage090
"

A poem on self-reflection and conquering one's "Demons".

"
Striving for perfection is a recipe for disaster.
That critical inner voice can command us like a master.
What happens when we listen to this voice is we miss the journey of the NOW.
Trapped in our own heads, with a voice that is refusing too allow.

To Allow Connection to other people, places, and experiences that make our journey worthwhile.
This voice keeps us judging life with the 'should be' and 'could be'
every thing's on trial.

living in the moment isn’t always as joyful as the saying would suggest.
Life is filled with a wide array of emotions even ones hard to digest.

However, living in the moment does ensure us a more lively existence.
If we silence that inner critic and release its resistance.

We can’t experience the past or the future, which are only delusional stories in our mind.
Every second is a sacred gift and there's no fast-forward or rewind.

When we listen to our inner critic, it is like we are looking at ourselves through someone else’s eyes, instead of our own.
And if you do get lost, never beat yourself up. Because in this journey of life,
you're not alone.

Life is too precious to waste it lost in our heads, evaluating ourselves, one step removed from our own experience. The truth is that we tend complicate the mysterious when that voice says
"Life is so serious."
This mind set is deleterious.

We can more fully live our life by paying attention to our senses and being willing to feel what we are actually experiencing at any given moment in time.
When we make this shift into awakening awareness, allowing our heart song to sing with infinite presence. To the pure 'I AM' we align.
infinite~~ < ~~
eternal~~ < ~~
divine

© 2014 Soundsage090


Author's Note

Soundsage090
Not the best with grammar and punctuation.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on November 15, 2014
Last Updated on November 15, 2014
Tags: spiritual, self-discovery, truth

Author

Soundsage090
Soundsage090

Auburn, IN



About
I love reading, writing music, meditation, art in general, and Life. more..

Writing