Her Shy Dilemma

Her Shy Dilemma

A Story by Ox
"

Cosmo is 16, Xavier is 18 going on 19. Cosmo is a highschool student, Xavier graduated early on his Junior year. Caesar is Cosmo's guardian.

"

The  birds sang delightfully, the communication of bug of every shape and size chattered into the air. The wind was warm, welcoming & whistled greetings to ears. Her hair was delicately resting on her right shoulder, curled a little at the ends. They sat in silence, like they always did. Caesar had made a sandwiches for Cosmo & Xavier. They had lunch together nearly every day. They would always be like this. The silence between them was a comfortable constant. Cosmo slowed her chewing and looked at the young man sitting next to her. He paused his eating to stare back.

"Why are you staring?" he asks.

"There was a fly." she lies a little too smoothly, fanning the back of his head.  Cosmo focusses her gaze onto her food, before she continues to eat slowly. Once she swallows she turns to him quickly. Cosmo puts a hand on his shoulder and pulled him closer to her. She pecked his cheek softly and released him just as quickly as she had grabbed him. She began eating another sandwich.

And the birds sang delightfully, the communicating of bugs and insects of every shape and size chattered loudly over each other. Cosmo was eating furiously quick alongside a once stoic Xavier Monroe. On his face was a slightest of smiles. They continued to eat in silence. Cosmo eventually finished her food and stared ahead at a fluttering butterfly.

"I.. Um…"

"Me too." He somewhat cut her off, folding up his napkin up and putting it in the picnic basket. Cosmo didn’t look at him, she just gave a smile close to his. 

© 2015 Ox


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on April 25, 2015
Last Updated on April 25, 2015
Tags: fiction, romance, introverts

Author

Ox
Ox

FL



About
My penname's Ox just because I like the word and the animal. more..

Writing
Writer's block? Writer's block?

A Poem by Ox


Dysfunctional Dysfunctional

A Book by Ox


My Belonging My Belonging

A Story by Ox