Pretending

Pretending

A Poem by Courtney

I stare into your eyes, and pretend you’re looking back and seeing stars.

I stare at your body, and pretend you’re looking back and seeing beauty. 

I stare at your lips, and pretend you’re looking back wishing to kiss mine with the same force I wanna kiss yours.

I get a sudden rush of fullness, the kind that makes me never want to feel empty again.

I am here, with you. And I am pretending that you see galaxies in my soul and that the thoughts in your head are pure.

You start touching my thighs, and I pretend that you are touching my hands.

You start caressing my breasts, and I pretend that you are caressing my hair.

I start feeling less full, and my insides ache.

You start penetrating inside my body, and I pretend you are telling me that I matter.

So I sit there, and smile. I sit there and pretend that you want me, and I sit there and pretend that I don’t want you.

© 2017 Courtney


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is tough. to want to be loved so much by the wrong person is something most of us has been through. We fool ourselves sometimes but know this, we are all important for who we are, not what others think or want us to be.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I think I understand, craving the intimacy missing in the spaces where it should reside. A sad story, but you have expressed it in a beautiful way x

Posted 6 Years Ago


To be in a one sided relationship where you are totally committed to a passionate romance and your partner’s is based on sexual impulses rather than clear affection is unhealthy! This is not reciprocated love – its exploitation! Your poignantly penned piece cries out this message … hope this is not your situation, because if it is … you need an escape plan! Well written emotional composition … bless! :-)

Posted 6 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a powerful expression of how it feels to experience the tokens of love without the essence. The touching of thighs, caressing of breasts and the penetration of body are functions rather than intimate delights, but the pretence of truth is achingly sad.

Posted 6 Years Ago


We pretend to ward off despair. It's not new, yet to every woman it is personal, new to her. Beautifully expressed.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Wow! This is really good.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

371 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 19, 2017
Last Updated on August 19, 2017

Author

Courtney
Courtney

Horicon, WI



About
Writing is everything that makes up me. more..

Writing
you. you.

A Poem by Courtney


stuck. stuck.

A Poem by Courtney



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


who  I am. who I am.

A Poem by emmajoy