Proper

Proper

A Poem by Crazy Cat Man

A father expects

his daughter

to be proper

because shes a

w***e like

her mother

 

But he goes

and cheats

with another

so why doesn't

that bother?

 

A daughter hates

her mother

for having

muliple lovers

f*****g one

or the other

 

a son hates

his father

for being

a m**********r

so that

makes him

a sucker

 

a daughter

does not want

to be like

her mother

 

a son

does not want

to be like

his father

 

they both

learn and

prosper

and become

better mothers

and fathers.

 

© 2008 Crazy Cat Man


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

These girls that go wild....well, you just never know - do you? This is considered some rite of passage... just different standards I guess. This poem is a riot - I like the feel of the name calling aspect here... In the picture - look at her face - on like a little porn star that they all think they are - but look at the men and BOYS..... how seriously would they take this girl and for how long???? Not quite sure I understand this - is it a fad? Will we go back to Victorian collars up to there to get over this..... P.S. I am glad she is not my daughter and that I don't see my son either.....

Kath

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Sometimes it's for the best when children don't follow in their parents' footsteps... like with you and I. I really like this, it's simple and straightforward but the message is strong. Nice!

Posted 11 Years Ago


True for so many people, just not me. I have a great relationship with my mom and I think I'm already like her in many ways. But there are girls who hate their moms and boys who hate their dads. This is a straightforward and honest poem. Great as always :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Funny picture to go with this ode to family...I agree with everything I believe except that the son is a sucker. Nice write. Hope you are well - I am visiting DC now with family.
Light,
Siddartha


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed the honesty and energy of this poem, it seriously made me laugh out loud. It would actually work well in an Open Mic type format, where you just speak it and add your own personality to a giggling audience....I think you can picture that.

It's evocative, and I'm glad you chose a really nice pic to go along with it, makes it more edgy for sure. But the poem is about real life and I'm glad it has a positive spin at the end....nice work!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hi Daniel, where did this come from? You pick out the extremes in human behavior always and show us that this world is going to be better. Did you hear? Morality is hip; I was listening to a talk show, then I wanna believe. Also thanks a lot for reading my prologue, yes I am going to post here again. I liked your thoughts, I can see you read me carefully.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Either children follow good steps or follow those that oppose evolution.

It would be good to have role model parents who raise their kids to become role models.

Or if the parents aren't role models, at least not raise them to become like who they are would be good enough.

This is a very insightful and good read.

Posted 16 Years Ago


families and society does put its expectations out there...
right beside too many damn options. people sure screw up.

great piece.

Posted 16 Years Ago


dude that is an amazing writing!!!
and plus man i got a major woody seein that pic

very good job hun!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Wonderful to read you once more. I am glad you had a change of heart... Really fine work here. We definately learn from our mistakes... or the mistakes of those near to us. Well done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Maybe if the father hadn't cheated on the mother, the mother wouldn't have went to be with other lovers. Then the daughter would have respect for the mother and have a role model and the son wouldn't hate the father for being such a womanizer. Well written. I like the closure. Even though the son and daughter grew up with bad role models, they didn't (as most would say) turn out to be like their mother and father. I enjoyed this poem.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

573 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 7, 2008
Last Updated on February 7, 2008

Author

Crazy Cat Man
Crazy Cat Man

New York, NY



About
these are my favorite poems that I have done Letter To Keira KnightleyA Poem by The Reviewer Everybody's CrazyA Poem by The Reviewer Cradle Of Filth - Lilith Immaculate Dimmu Borgir - Ga.. more..

Writing
Racism Racism

A Poem by Crazy Cat Man



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..