Forever

Forever

A Story by EllieTheBunny
"

To him, forever was everything. And you shattered it. Second person point of view.

"

You stare at the burned photo in your hand. The edges burned and charred, did nothing to ruin the picture of happiness printed in the photograph.

 

There were only two people in the photo. They stood in front of a baseball field. A young boy age thirteen, pale and with green eyes that you could get lost in. His black hair was covered by his baseball cap. His eyes sparkled with love and happiness. He had a baseball bat clutched in his left hand and his right arm was wrapped around the girl next to him. She was the same age and had dark brown eyes that held love and understanding. Her long black hair was held back by a dark blue headband that shined brilliantly. She was laughing, clutching onto the boy as if he was her lifeline. He smiled to the camera holding the girl against him gently.

 

A tear streaked down your cheek as you clutch the photo to your chest. To you it felt just like yesterday when they took that picture. When you were young and naïve, and the whole world was in your hands.

 

Now you’re twenty-one and you’ve grown and changed into someone you don’t recognize. You remember the days where happiness was everywhere and love was in the air. You remember smiling and laughing and everything in between. Though now, all of those memories are just like a dream. A dream you never want to wake up from.

 

You sigh as you hear the director say it’s almost time for shooting the fight scene. You glance one more time at the burned photograph, remembering starry nights, and whispered promises.

 

But that’s all in the past now, you think as you get up from your comfy seat on the black sofa.

 

You left that town to follow your dreams, but sometimes, you remember laughter and smiles. You remember the good times and the bad times. You remember him and that broken promise of forever. Because to you, there was no such thing as forever, and you were foolish to think you loved him. But in the back of your mind, a voice whispers out to you, “There is such a thing as forever. You just chose to run away from it.”

 

You shake your head. To you, forever is just a word and nothing more.

 

Though, sometimes you remember him, dream about him. And you know, if you had stayed, maybe, just maybe, you would’ve had a forever. But it’s gone now.

 

To him, forever was everything. And you shattered it.

© 2011 EllieTheBunny


Author's Note

EllieTheBunny
My first post on this site. I always wanted to try second person person point of view. So any comments?

Edit: This story can also be found in bookrix.com under the same penname.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think that this was beautifully written! It flows nicely, it's easy to understand, yet there's some complexity to it to for how short it is. Good job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I adore the second person point of view. and this is brilliant! Great job! I love it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 12, 2011
Last Updated on June 6, 2011
Tags: second person, point of view, love, regret, acting, actress, remorse, boy, girl, baseball, photo, photograph, forever
Previous Versions

Author

EllieTheBunny
EllieTheBunny

Union City, CA



About
I'm starting high school, and I'm terrified. Wish me luck. I'm currently torn between writing a trilogy or writing a different book. Only time will tell. more..

Writing