Across the room

Across the room

A Story by Cre8tiveheart
"

Seeing someone across the room and coming to the conclusion that you HAVE TO MEET this person. Details the steps that might be taken to get to their side of the room, and then what one might find when they finally get there.

"
I only glanced away for a moment, but to my dismay he was now gone. I frantically search the crowd for yet another glimpse of the handsome stranger and then sank dejectedly back into my seat, wondering if he was just a figment of my imagination. But then, out of the corner of my eye I notice the intriguing guest standing only a few feet away.

You had strolled across the room with a purpose. Your goal was learning if I was here alone, and my name. You had repeated this ritual many times before, and had every confidence in your abilities to get the information you were seeking.

Only a few strides to go before you reach me, but you abruptly altered your path and went to the nearest table only an arms length from me. �My God, her eyes really are that blue!� You thought to yourself. Now you are deliberating just how the sight of me can make your mouth water, and go dry all at the same time. You grab a glass of water and drink it down with vigor, hoping your tongue will not stick to the roof of your mouth when you start to speak. Now you turn in my direction with the expectation of something incredible fixing to happen, only to find an empty chair.

Now it is your turn to anxiously scan the crowd looking for me. You ask those that were sitting near by if they knew where I went. One guy offered the explanation that he heard me murmur something about finding a mirror and checking for spinach, whatever that meant. {lol} So you sit down in my empty chair to wait.

The aroma of my perfume still lingered in the air. It reminds you of the seductive scent of tropical flowers on a warm night, with just a hint of musk; like the smell of desire clinging to one�s skin. That last thought brought a smile to your face just as you looked up and was caught in a full gaze with the same blue eyes you had been searching for. In less than an instant we both realize it is not electricity that is bringing us together. It is pure MAGIC.

© 2008 Cre8tiveheart


Author's Note

Cre8tiveheart
This is actually my profile on myspace...lol. Instead of the same height, hair and eye color etc...that one would normally put up, I thought this may spark a little more interest. {It has} LOL

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Now you are deliberating just how the sight of me can make your mouth water, and go dry all at the same time. - PERFECT! This line is so perfectly executed!

like the smell of desire clinging to one's skin - Oh, this just makes me mel! I love this line!

Excellently written, beautifully imaged, perfectly timed, and absolutely stunningly beautiful! Great write!
Oh, and your eyes are THAT blue! Nice! Oh, and, of course, this went straight into my Favorites!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Some enchanted evening!!! How romantic this is and I wish it could have been longer. What happened to them is a question I would like answered. Write a second, third and fourth chapter...I'll read it!
Great narrative and strong language skills...kudos for making something out of a common situation with an excellent talent for observation.
Cheers,
Helen :-)))

Posted 15 Years Ago


Nicer way to introduce yourself than the standard a/s/l format of the internet.

"Are her eyes really that blue?"

Posted 16 Years Ago


Beautiful. I felt the fear though, the anxiousness of the meeting, the unmistakeable sensual feeling of a connection. Special. Haven't had one of these in a long time, now looking forward to it, even as a friendly encounter, you know, when you know you have something in common with the person, when you feel that you will always be friends. :) thanks for sharing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Love the imagery...feels like you are right there....very sensual and provocative.....

Love this piece~

Posted 16 Years Ago


How provacative....something like this could reallly happen.....I like the mystery of having to get to the end to find out if the would be lovers get to meet. Very well done !!!

And LOL...what a creative way to introduce yourself....I love it that writers can write rings around other people and sometime keep them utterly confused while we purpetreate the plot twists, if even only in our own minds....at least it keeps us from getting bored and maybe even helps us to find the hidden gems others overlook.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

great piece. you feel like you are really in it as you are reading it. I can see those blue eyes piercing and smell the perfume. Very nice!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Now you are deliberating just how the sight of me can make your mouth water, and go dry all at the same time. - PERFECT! This line is so perfectly executed!

like the smell of desire clinging to one's skin - Oh, this just makes me mel! I love this line!

Excellently written, beautifully imaged, perfectly timed, and absolutely stunningly beautiful! Great write!
Oh, and your eyes are THAT blue! Nice! Oh, and, of course, this went straight into my Favorites!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 30, 2008

Author

Cre8tiveheart
Cre8tiveheart

Oklahoma City, OK



Writing
Dreams Dreams

A Poem by Cre8tiveheart



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


You will Leave You will Leave

A Poem by Nico