My innermost me

My innermost me

A Poem by Crosby Idasa
"

Just a piece for all trying to be awakened, keep trying

"
I was sad and lost of worlds, my eyes were getting reddish my tears was about to drip.
I couldn't even say a word all I was doing that time was to wrap marijuana and sip on Stout mixed with palm wine!

Oh my soul, they have played with you carelessly and they are trying to destroy the body!

Oh my innermost me, when will you wake, when will you do all the greatest manifestation of this moment and the future...is it today or tomorrow or when?

My innermost me, all you're seeking is to get it from the right point, is it left or right!


I need to actualise my real reason for being alive, all I need is to make use of my innermost desirable soul, I need to so I can touch the universe and feel it!

ICE

© 2019 Crosby Idasa


Author's Note

Crosby  Idasa
What do you think about this

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What do I think about this? Well, I love the first line - great visual there.

I think we have all been here, in this time and space the narrator talks of. I also believe there are many avenues to take to touch the universe, grab at reality, swim in love, flatten into equanimity. If we unfetter, allow ourselves to dissipate, learn to practice acceptance at all levels - well then we are half way there.

What is our reason to be alive? Well of me it is so we can keep on creating, keep pushing the outer edges of reality further and further and in our own uniqueness, we are able to push, shove, gently nudge and the expansion just keeps on rolling out. keeping the motion, never settling in, realising change is constant and it is up to us if we ebb or if we flow.

Nice words to bounce off of. Great words to allow me to deep dive into self.

nice to meet you :d

Posted 2 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Crosby  Idasa

2 Years Ago

Thank you my dear KWP, your review means a lot. You are a good writer, reading your review will exte.. read more
KWP

2 Years Ago

well thanks ;) and you are most welcome X



Reviews

Beautiful self analysis poem. Loved reading it 😁

Posted 3 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Crosby  Idasa

3 Months Ago

Thank you Sir for reviewing my poem, Happy New Year
Arundass TP

3 Months Ago

Happy New Year friend. Blessing you all peace and satisfaction in life.
(I need to actualise my real reason for being alive) I think that's what most writers feel. Good writing. ~Sharon

Posted 4 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Crosby  Idasa

4 Months Ago

Thank you Miss Sharon for your review, everybody needs the best of life, everyone deserves the best .. read more
Very nice! I believe your innermost you is doing a great job of communicating your desires. I like the thought of summoning this deeper version of yourself to write.
I very much like this piece

Posted 6 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Crosby  Idasa

6 Months Ago

Thank you so very much for your kind review, have a great time 🌹
The depiction in the creation in this writing. Is well formulated and felt not just thought out.

Posted 6 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Crosby  Idasa

6 Months Ago

Thank you very much for your review
Definitely relatable. Upon realization everything we need lies within us and can not be fulfilled by outside sources . A reminder to always go within

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Crosby  Idasa

1 Year Ago

Thanks a lot Quietstorm, I appreciate
Quietstorm

1 Year Ago

It's a well deserving read!
"touch the universe and feel it". Yes, I feel what you are writing. So awesome to be able to depict your plight yet add your hope to it. Good job, thank you for sharing! I hope you find what you yearn for. Keep writing. It is fascinating to imagine you working on your writings in Nigeria. Reach for the starsssss!

Posted 1 Year Ago


Crosby  Idasa

1 Year Ago

Thank you Sir, God bless your hand
Brad Dehler

1 Year Ago

Thank you sir. Very kind of you to say. Heres to having a drink together, cheers
Good morning Crosby,
Inner turmoil...trying to understand the reason why we are here goes unanswered for awhile..but with "soul searching' I believe ones purpose for being here does come to light.
I honestly feel that this is not a poem but more like the beginning of a story. Feels like a journal of thoughts.
Perhaps, if you were to move your lines into verses it could be a Free Verse poem..
When I give reviews I do not like just to say things like "Oh it was great" because I know as a writer I want feedback.. How did the person feel about my poem?, are there things good or bad in my poem, etc.
This is my first read of yours and I will be reading more... Hope you will find the time to read mine as well..
You might like HOPE or THOUGHTS...or even SCREAMS.. Screams I wrote in the 1970's..
All my best to you,
Lisa, now in Spain..

Posted 2 Years Ago


Well written and touches a lot of people's reality. It's full of depth and emotion!

Posted 2 Years Ago


those lefts and rights, circles, curves, bumps, potholes, the road forward is not always clearly marked, I know well, this is relatable, not all of it but where to go from a standstill and poetry is about getting the reader to feel and relate, so in this your poem was successful.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Crosby  Idasa

2 Years Ago

Thanks to you Patricia for such a review, God bless
Patricia

2 Years Ago

and to you :)
Dear Crosby, this is such a sad write. Many people find it difficult to understand what life is all about. Many people turn to alcohol and drugs thinking it will clarify and assist. It rarely does. Life can be painful and the emotions can become a battlefield. I get my inner peace through the natural environment. I wish you well and send my greetings for a happier new year.

Chris

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Crosby  Idasa

2 Years Ago

Thank you my friend, Happy new year and God bless
Chris Shaw

2 Years Ago

Thank you Crosby. Wishing you well always.
Crosby  Idasa

2 Years Ago

You’re welcome Chris Shaw

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

406 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 22, 2019
Last Updated on July 22, 2019

Author

Crosby  Idasa
Crosby Idasa

Port Harcourt, Rivers state, Nigeria



About
I'm loyal,I respect and most time I can be more generous showing hearts... I need to be a great writer that's my motivation more..

Writing
The War The War

A Poem by Crosby Idasa



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..