Because I Love

Because I Love

A Poem by Charlie
"

Came to me in a dream, more a chorus, maybe in another dream I'll get the verses.

"

Because I love I can see the morning

Because I love I can see the sky

Because I love I can see the dawning

Because I love I can learn to fly

© 2015 Charlie


Author's Note

Charlie
Came in a dream, may add more later.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A great simple poem. Great work!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Short, sweet, and simple. Great imagery with great musicality. My only critique is that "morning" and "dawning" are too close in meaning for a poem so short. The only way I would suggest for you to keep it, because the sound of it is good - and you might be wanting to keep it - is to change the "see"'s. If it's "see the morning", "see[ing] the sky" is a little close, a stronger word for "see" would make it more meaningful. And the "see the dawning", because it's so close in meaning to "morning", but enough to be complementary to it, this "see" makes it presence bland just like it makes the last line appear bland, since it's supposed to be complementing "sky". So if you can "see" the morning, do something else to the "dawning" that spawns off "see[ing] the morning" just like "learn" spawns off "see the sky" (but that "see" as mentioned should be changed to something else, since every line in a way is playing off each other).

Well done overall.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Like the simplicity of this poem, while it still has great meaning and depth!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 10, 2015
Last Updated on January 10, 2015

Author

Charlie
Charlie

Edmonton , Canada



About
I am an aspiring writer, born in Thunder Bay, Ontario, then Port Arthur, 46 years ago. In 1970 my family of seven moved to Edmonton. Kinda like the Clampetts. Where I have lived ever since. I am mo.. more..