Thought Morsels 1: Gumption

Thought Morsels 1: Gumption

A Story by Crystal Marie Rome
"

This is series I'm starting. It's probably not going to be the best but it gets some thoughts out there and it makes me think while writing it. Please comment! :)

"
When setting out on a journey there are many things you need. A purpose, a little bit of danger, and a lot of excitement. There's also something that many people don't think about. You need gumption to go on a journey, whether it be a trip to the super market or an epic journey to save a princess. Without gumption you're not going to take a step out there. 
For a lot of people simple gumption is something that is easy and can be mustered up in a second. Then there are the people that even for the simplest things they find every reason not to go. "There are too many people.", "I don't feel like getting up.", and the root of the matter, "I am afraid.". We all get afraid, right? There are frightening things that even kill people because those people are so afraid. It's impossible to not be afraid. It is also impossible to not at one point in your life, use gumption. Getting up in the morning even takes it! 
The point is that we all have gumption. We also all have journeys and the biggest journey we face is the journey we call "life". We are born into, literally, born into life. Throughout life we have to have the gumption to get up and move. Most people seem to do it effortlessly and even those that struggle seem natural in there own way. That is what gets me through each day. No matter how awkward or silly you feel, you still had the gumption to get up in the morning. So that gumption is something that is there. It is something that can be used to get through another day and to look forward to another dawn. Anyone reading this had the gumption to get up and to continue on the journey called "life".   

© 2013 Crystal Marie Rome


Author's Note

Crystal Marie Rome
Please comment! What is your take on this Thought Morsel?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
Added on June 24, 2013
Last Updated on June 24, 2013

Author

Crystal Marie Rome
Crystal Marie Rome

Barre, VT



About
Hello! I'm Crystal Marie (Marie is not my middle name it is part of my first name) ! I love reading and writing and I've been trying to do my best at both of those things. My three favorite animal are.. more..

Writing