Wardrobe Travels

Wardrobe Travels

A Chapter by .
"

I ripped a piece of my blouse out and wrapped it around the sharks fin. The shark looked as if it was smiling and next I knew it was swimming away.

"

The class finished quicker than usual. I rushed out before any other and went to my locker. The school's east wing was quiet and empty, probably everyone was at assembly. But I would be going to drama lessons with Sara, Coral and Brenda. The strangest things had happened and I was sure it wouldn't stop till the end of the day. I closed my locker and slowly made my way through the corridor. I past a few bullies which usually where too lazy to go to class, some normal children running late to their classes and some teachers scolding students because they didn't do their homework. Finally I reached some big glass doors and went in. I was fascinated by how Amy decorated the class. Amy was our drama teacher, though she preferred being called by her name then being called Miss. Avers. She was the youngest teacher in the school and the sweetest too. She had a reddish-brownish hair colour but depending on her mood she always would dye it, either black, blue, red or blonde. Her eyes were kind looking and emerald green. She smiled at me and pointed at the bench were Sara, Coral and Brenda were sitting and I gratefully sat down with them. There weren't many people in class, who knows why? Amy started explaining what we would do today.

 

"Everyone in groups of four!" she said, I immediately made a quartet with Coral, Sara and Brenda.

 

"Now, I want each group to think of a play, you can use the costumes from the wardrobes! 3, 2, 1, now!" I ran to the first wardrobe and opened it, looking at the various costumes which where there. 

 

"Does it really take that long?" a voice from behind me asked, I didn't have to even turn around to see who it was.

 

Kieran McCoy the school's bully. He never really bullied me that much, so I was OK with him, but from what other people said, he was the worst nightmare to be seen.

 

"Get out of the way, freak" I glared at him intensely whilst he stood there smirking like a total idiot. I ignored him and walked to my friends who were looking for the costumes in another closet.

 

“I hate drama; I mean what’s so important about it?” Brenda stated, she was sitting on the floor, whilst Sara and Coral looked for the outfits.

 

“That’s no excuse for sitting on the floor, missy” Miss. Avers said looking at her sternly. Brenda stood up and gave her an innocent smile. Miss. Avers walked towards a group of boys who were fighting. I caught McCoy staring at me, as anyone would say, awkward.

 

“Ah!” Coral shouted, I looked towards the closet and frowned. My friends had disappeared. I opened the closet and looked inside, there was nothing but clothes in there. Just as I was about to close the door, I got pushed in.

 

The door behind me closed, I frowned but remembered all those strange things that happened to me earlier on. I turned back to face the costumes smashed on my face. I took them out of my way and saw Coral, Brenda and Sara all squashed together.

 

“Why, hello there! Took you time to come after us!” Brenda started; I thought she was going crazy but if you remember everything that happened to her today.

 

“Thinking of it how did we come in?” Coral asked, she had a little bit of reason, I mean, no one was behind me when I was being pushed and there certainly wasn’t a hurricane either.

 

“Who cares, let’s go back to drama class” Sara said, I guess she was getting fed up with all the little adventures we had.

 

“No, no, no, no, we’re not going back to that class, especially with Miss. Avers in there” Brenda said, I really didn’t understand the problem she had with Miss. Avers, she was the kindest teacher in our school, yet Brenda didn’t think so. Though I have to say when Miss. Avers gets angry she blows up her head.

 

Just then, the back of the wardrobe fell down and pulled us in…

 

I closed my eyes during, what seemed like, a pretty hard fall, point is we still didn’t hit anything, at all. I didn’t dare to open my eyes, not even a bit, to tell the complete truth I’m afraid of heights, yeah, I know its pretty stupid but I’m like that. You put me at the top of Empire State Building, I’ll freak out, literary.

 

Suddenly, I hit the floor with a hard thump, though I didn’t get really hurt, not even a bit. I slowly opened my eyes and saw I was on a soft sponge, at least I thought.

 

“Ow! My bottom hurts!” Sara complained, she had missed the sponge and landed of the hard ground with her bottom. ‘Poor thing’ I thought to myself.

 

“Hey! Wake up, Coral!” Brenda shouted in Coral’s ear. Coral sat up immediately, she glared at her and Brenda, in return, gave her a sarcastic smile.

 

I stood up and walked to the edge of the sponge and jumped off. I looked around, I couldn’t believe were we where, I didn’t even feel the change, we were in the sea or ocean, whatever it was. I breathed normally, something not normal, I didn’t even run out of breath for the past minutes I’ve been underwater. The rest of the girls had unreadable expressions on their faces.

 

Sara had her eyes fixed on a rock. I stared at it as she did but didn’t see anything.

 

“Sara, what are you looking at?” I asked her, she pointed at the rock. I frowned at her.

 

“Care to elaborate?” I continued, she closed her mouth and looked at me.

 

“Sh…a…rk” she nearly whispered, my eyes widened, I stared at the rock again, just a little more carefully, the others appeared to be doing the same thing. After a whiled I finally saw a fin of a shark.

 

‘Good it hasn’t noticed us’ I thought in mind, but of course good moments don’t last forever. Brenda started screaming like mad and the shark shot its bloody look at us. I gulped and looked at the others who were already backing away. I did the same thing and that’s when it started swimming at high speed towards us. We swam as fast as we could, it wasn’t much and we knew we were dead meat but we can always try, right?

 

That’s when everything went wrong, Brenda got stuck in a coral, Coral started sleeping again and Sara tripped over a rock. I was the only one standing up and unfortunately the only one the shark was interested in.

 

I gulped again and looked at the sharks eyes, they looked tired and hurt. That’s when I realized his fin, it was bleeding. The strange thing was that it wasn’t attacking me; it was kind of begging me to help him.

 

I sighed and made my way to the shark, as I got closer I started slowing down, just in case it was tricking me. I touched the shark’s skin and shivered, it was so cold. I looked at his fin, poor thing, it was badly hurt.

 

Sara was staring at me dumbstruck, she was, probably the only one watching, because Coral was sleeping and Brenda was so into untangling herself from the coral she didn’t notice me.

 

I ripped a piece of my blouse out and wrapped it around the sharks fin. The shark looked as if it was smiling and next I knew it was swimming away.

 

I turned back to my friends, they looked so exhausted. I decided to help Sara first. I helped her up and asked her if she was okay. She nodded and smiled at me.

 

“Who would have known the shark was hurt” she said, I smiled and went to wake up Coral. Sara helped me by screaming in her ear. ‘God they all like to scream’ I thought to myself. Coral woke up and stared at Sara, thinking she was crazy.

 

For a moment, I dazed off, but that didn’t last very long.

 

“Ah!” Brenda shouted, she was being pulled down by a bunch of huge seaweed. The three of us ran to her, but only to find ourselves in the same situation as she did. Now we were all tangled in weeds, something I never expected to happen.

 

“Are you kidding me!?” Coral commented, she had been trying to get out of the bunch of weeds around her but all she got was more tangled up.

 

“Ah, help!” Brenda screamed, I turned o face her but she was gone and so was Coral. I kicked the weeds with my foot but the result was the same as Sara’s, we got pulled in as well, only to find ourselves in our drama class, getting ready to start a play.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2013 .


Author's Note

.
Hey, I finally updated, what a miracle, sorry for being late, hope u enjoy this chap! ^^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aspects of institutions

Although individual, formal organizations, commonly identified as "institutions," may be deliberately and intentionally created by people, the development and functioning of institutions in society in general may be regarded as an instance of emergence; that is, institutions arise, develop and function in a pattern of social self-organization, which goes beyond the conscious intentions of the individual humans involved.
As mechanisms of social interaction, institutions are manifest in both formal organizations, such as the U.S. Congress, or the Roman Catholic Church, and, also, in informal social order and organization, reflecting human psychology, culture, habits and customs, and encompassing subjective experience of meaningful enactments. Most important institutions, considered abstractly, have both objective and subjective aspects: examples include money and marriage. The institution of money encompasses many formal organizations, including banks and government treasury departments and stock exchanges, which may be termed, "institutions," as well as subjective experiences, which guide people in their pursuit of personal well-being. Powerful institutions are able to imbue a paper currency with certain value, and to induce millions into cooperative production and trade in pursuit of economic ends abstractly denominated in that currency's units.[citation needed] The subjective experience of money is so pervasive and persuasive that economists talk of the "money illusion" and try to disabuse their students of it, in preparation for learning economic analysis.[citation needed]

Posted 11 Years Ago


I feel like you're getting better because I'm getting more entertained by every word I read

Keep it up :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

tnx! im glad u liked it, im trying to make the chapters a tad longer ^.^
Katherine Enma Pineapple

11 Years Ago

you're are welcome and you can do it~! :D
.

11 Years Ago

:D
Good going there (:

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

Thanks! ^^
Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

Welcomezzz
Wow. well this was a good chapter and I cannot wait for the next adventure. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

Tnx! I'm really sorry I kept u waiting
Dominique

11 Years Ago

It's fine. Besides the chapter was worth the wait!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
4 Reviews
Added on November 5, 2012
Last Updated on February 16, 2013
Tags: sharks, sea, adventure, fantasy, seaweed


Author

.
.

Milky Way, Solar System, Earth...



Writing
The beach The beach

A Poem by .


My tongue twister My tongue twister

A Poem by .


Poliglot Poliglot

A Poem by .