fighting the haze

fighting the haze

A Poem by CrystleDawn

 Days drift into days and I find myself trying to get distance from the haze. Everywhere everything revolves around the hustle. If your not in it, you are worthless. If you aren't making it to spend it, then your life loses meaning overnight. Things are so flippy floppy and we lose our dreams each day more and more. We have become the consumers in a limited supply world. 
 I will not be written. I believe my dreams, will never die. Even when this nation of folly, is brought to her knees. I will be among those who fight back. Fighting for the truth, in a small way, each and every day. Is really all I can do to keep the truth in my life, and have it remain relevant. Giving up on one's passions in life is not an overnight occurrence. It Is indeed, a slow fade. I refuse to wake up and have forgotten why I chose to live in the valley. Even in the valley of the shadow of death, I find purpose in my passion, and in the dreams that my lord has given me. 

 I wake to a changed world, but his hand is still holding me and his love still within me. I am in awe, and I am strengthened by this love. I Praise the Lord for this beautiful life and this beautiful new day! In the world without him, this evil and muck would be too much to take. For my soul would be self-serving and my heart closed away. Thank God for this beautiful life today!

© 2016 CrystleDawn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on July 6, 2016
Last Updated on July 6, 2016

Author

CrystleDawn
CrystleDawn

Seattle , WA



About
All the glory be to the Lord! Love others and love this gift of life. Creativity flows from within. It is, more often than not, represented best in the thick of life's strife. Through harsh realit.. more..

Writing
Dear Dad Dear Dad

A Poem by CrystleDawn