That Person

That Person

A Story by Rose Hagerty
"

"I hate that person"

"

I hate that person.


They have followed me my whole life. Everywhere I go I can see them. I try not to look or stare, because I am afraid of what I will see.


I’m sure that that person is hell bent on ruining me. They must be. They are like that toxic friend you hang out with because you have no one else. They say they will be there for you, but they only drag you down with them.


That person is that friend, but worse. They stick with you forever. From the moment you first learn how to talk to the moment you die, they will always be there.


I used to see that person at work. My coworkers used to laugh at that person, whisper and gossip. No one wants to talk to that person because they don’t want to be like them.


That person made me lose my job. Because of that “friend” my one true love walked away. They are the reason I can’t have anything nice, because they only destroy it.


No one wants to visit me anymore, even my family, because they know that person will be there also.


That person ruined my education. They got me to drop out of school, have a few smokes and party. They’re the reason I’m hopelessly killing my body just to fit in.


They’re the reason I wake up each morning, hating the way I look. That I cover up myself in shame. I can never be perfect for that person, that’s just the way they are.


I hate them.


Everywhere I go, they follow.


I can’t look back. Not now.


I’m afraid to turn around and look them in the face; to look in the mirror, at my reflection, because I know that they will be the one staring back at me.

© 2017 Rose Hagerty


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
/
This unfortunately was predictable from the first sentence. The last line needs fixing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

/

6 Years Ago

I know that they will be the on staring back at me.
Rose Hagerty

6 Years Ago

Thank you for pointing that out, I can't believe I missed that. And thanks for your review, I will k.. read more
/

6 Years Ago

No problem.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
1 Review
Added on July 19, 2017
Last Updated on July 19, 2017
Tags: hate, feelings, toxic relationships, emotions

Author

Rose Hagerty
Rose Hagerty

Ottawa, Canada



About
I'm an artist, but I also enjoy writing as well. I usually enjoy writing random short stories and writing pieces but I also like writitng poetry as well. more..

Writing
Dust Dust

A Story by Rose Hagerty