Foreigners From Out There

Foreigners From Out There

A Screenplay by Connor Shane
"

It is the future and things have changed on Earth. We've gone through a world war 3, and we've reduced our technological capabilities dramatically. Now a group of 3 alien children have arrived. Why?

"

Script:

Scene One:

Show a montage of ww3 and a rocket taking off into space and landing down onto Tiera Vive. 

Show a montage of how people live on Tiera Vive?

Suggest that people have been stuck there for years.




Scene two:


( Show the natural clearing. It is empty. Then Khemia appears, looking around confusedly. Lilica comes in after her, also looking. They have their supply backpacks on.)
Lilica: So this is the spot?
Khemia: That is what Zioph told me in the words yesterday. You already asked me that.
Lilica: I did? Well, I don’t see in the head any portals here Khemia.
Khemia: Unless it’s invisible in the reality, me neither. Perhaps Klion still needs to arrive. ( lays down on the ground.) Then we will wait here Lilica. They have five minutes in the reality to get here or I’m going away to eat breakfast.

Lilica: You haven’t eaten yet?
Khemia: I have, a little bit, but I’m waiting in the head to see what Earth food is like.
( Lilica sits down next to her.)
Lilica: Do you think in the head that it will be better than what we eat?
Khemia: Not sure. That’s hard to say in the words.

( Klion comes in, appearing from the bushes from a different side of the area, holding the portal device.)
Klion: Good morning girls. ( He sets the portal down in front of them.) It is done. 

( the girls both sit up and are amazed by it.) Took some work, but here it is. All you need to do in the reality is crouch down inside of it, wait for me to push the activation button, and then poof, you’ll be there.
Khemia: If it works. Which it will, correct?
Klion: Oh it should. I ran a test of it in the reality. I put a pineapple inside of it, turned on the switch, and then it was gone. The coordinates were set to Earth, so guess where it is now?
Lilica: So Earth now has a pineapple?

Klion: In the reality they probably do now. Next up is going to be you two and Zioph. Where is he? 

Khemia: I would have asked you in the words the same question. We just got here.
Klion: Well, I’ll get the device turned on in the meantime. ( some time passes, a total of five minutes.) 


( the girls are laying down and Klion is checking out the device. Zioph walks onto the scene, everyone noticing him. He has his sad face on and is looking at the ground.)
Khemia: Hello Zioph! How are you feeling in the head? 
Zioph: I’m okay. Is it ready in the reality, Klion? ( motioning to the device with his head.)
Klion: Indeed it is! All we need to figure out now, is who goes first. ( looks at them expectantly.) ( the girls and zioph all glance at each other, looking nervous. Khemia is the most nervous.) 

Lilica: I suppose in the head that I will go first.
Klion: Alright. Just stand yourself right in the center of it. ( helps Lilica to get in.) Now, just crouch down and wait. It’s harmless in the reality, I promise.  ( Lilica does so, somewhat slowly. The others watch. Khemia is anxious and Zioph is very intrigued. Klion goes for the button and presses it. The machine turns on.) It is activating...! ( the portal opens and Lilica is gone.)

( a few seconds after that, Klion looks inside and puts his hands up into the air.) 

Klion: It has worked! See? No worries to be had here! ( Zioph and Khemia both look inside, even more amazed.) Who is next?

Khemia:  ( Zioph and Khemia both step back anxiously and look at each other. Zioph looks pleadingly at her.) Okay fine. This should be interesting at least! ( steps in and crouches down.) You’re sure that this won’t hurt in the reality?
Klion: Yes, I wouldn’t do this otherwise.
Khemia: Will they be okay with this? Us there? Us away from here?
Klion: Surely. I don’t see in the head why not. I’m turning it on now. ( he does so and she goes into the portal. Klion looks at Zioph.) Okay my man Zioph, You’re the last one! Ready? 

( Zioph looks around real quick, thoughtful.)
Zioph: I very much want to say in the words no. Bad things may happen. My father could be right.
Klion: It’s funny in the reality that you question it now. Your friends are already there, so why are you keeping them waiting? ( Zioph looks at Klion and then the ground. He smiles.)
Zioph: I suppose you’re right, Klion. We decided on this, so let us do it. Thank you, my friend. ( they hug.) We will come back to you in the reality once we are ready. ( they release from the hug.) Once we have established a sure connection and gained some evidence to show everyone. Keep this portal in a safe place for when we make our return.
Klion: (Seems anxious.) Of course I will. It has been a pleasure working with you on this. Now move, they are waiting. All of them are waiting. Good luck. ( Zioph gets into the portal and crouches down. Klion pushes the button and Zioph is sent to Earth.)

( Klion looks at the portal, then his surroundings. He sighs and sits down, leaning against the device.) Klion: Good luck, Friends. 


Scene three:


( Show the city, downtown San Diego, whatever we can show. Show Zioph laying down on top of a bench, alone. There is a pineapple sitting next to him. He stirs for a moment before awakening.He gets up and looks around, seeming absolutely shocked.)
Zioph: This… It’s… ( He stands up, looking around still.) Earth. Klion’s device really did it… ( He chooses a direction and walks that way. As he goes he wanders around still in shock.) Everything here is so… In the reality it’s so different. He really… ( Walks. He looks at the ocean, the buildings, the trees, the grass.) So much different in the reality… ( he then remembers something.) My friends, where are they? ( he looks more frantically around, getting scared. He walks more still.) Khemia! Lilica? Are they here, in the reality? Did the device place them elsewhere? If it did do that… No. (Walks onwards.)

( Eventually he sees Khemia staring off at the ocean.)
Zioph:  Khemia! ( Runs over to her. She turns around and notices him. They hug? Or just greet each other some other way.)
Khemia: You still look much the same, not including your expression!
Zioph: Same to be said in the words to you too. Do you see this? All of this…?
Khemia: I have eyes Zioph. It’s… I can’t put words to it. Just… wow! So-
Zioph: Wait a minute. Where’s Lilica in the reality?
Khemia: No idea in the head. I woke up only some minutes ago. You didn’t see her?
Zioph: That’s why I asked you in the words about her! 

Khemia: Yes yes, I know! Then we must find her.
Zioph: Obviously.
Khemia: Really Zioph?
Zioph: What? I’m just… ( shocked nervous and unsure.)
Khemia: I get it. Just come on. She’s around here, she has to be. ( They walk off, still shocked and sort of out of control of themselves.) 

( they walk some more and find Lilica studying a picture while sitting on a bench or chair or whatever.)
Khemia: Lilica! ( they rush over to her. She looks up, gains a happy and relieved expression, and hugs Khemia and Zioph.)
Lilica: You guys! Are you two okay in the reality?
Zioph: Yes. ( Khemia nods.) Are you?
Lilica: Yes! But I wonder-
Bryan: Excuse me! ( Walks over to them, looking snarky and upbeat, like he has a plan.)

( The aliens look at him, scared.)
Bryan: You guys going to Comicon? I hear they got some special booths this year!
( the aliens all look at him, all scared and frozen)

Zioph: Uh-

Bryan:  You guys look lost. In fact, y’all look out of this world! What series are those costumes from?

Khemia: We are.
Zioph: No we’re- ( looks back and forth between the two.) We um…
Khemia: Zioph, we should tell him in the words!
Zioph: But…  ( Bryan thinks that they’re just acting as characters, and plays off of that. He’s not a jerk mostly. He’s trying to make them feel more comfortable and not as nervous.)

Bryan: Oh wait, are you guys those things from Coruscant? Or wait no, you’re the Cabal from Mars! Am I right?

( the aliens look at each other.)
Zioph: Well. ( looks back at Bryan) We aren’t exactly from around here. 

Bryan: Duh…

( the aliens are now confused.)
Khemia: You know in the head what we mean to say? 

Zioph: You know about Tiera Vive?
Bryan: Hm? Can’t say that I have, which movie or game is it from?

Khemia: It’s uh, our planet. Where we came from in the reality, I guess? 

Lilica: Not a movie.

Bryan: Okay so...You three have to be from a game then, Right? You know you could help me out here. (The aliens look at each other, getting increasingly unsure and nervous.)
Zioph: We.. don’t know in the head what it is you’re talking about..? ( Khemia opens her backpack.)
Khemia: I just remembered something in the head. ( takes out her camera and turns it on, she begins to film Bryan and his surroundings.) ( this is when bryan will question their choice of words and the cameras, starting to suggest his idea of having them film him.) ( Bryan notices the camera.)

Bryan: Oh hey, do you guys have a YouTube channel? Or is that for Twitch?

Zioph: A what?

Khemia: What’s Twitch?
Lilica: Can I see the camera? ( Khemia gives it to her. She looks at it and films something off to the side.) I think he’s talking about this, in the words.
Zioph: We’re using that to get footage of proof, to bring back.
Khemia: So they believe us in the reality!  

Bryan:  ( questions what they need proof for, what people. Suggests that they help him again.) What do you need “proof” for? Is this a conspiracy theory channel? If you need proof so badly then I know just how to help.
Zioph: Really?
Bryan: Of course. It’s called collaborative video production. 

Khemia: What.

Bryan: It’s easy. You film me, post it on your channel, and I film you and post it on my channel. It’s a way for small channels to gain more subscribers. We both get double content, the kind that we make, and the kind that is made for us, from each other. Get it?
Zioph: Would that help..? ( the girls shrug.)
Khemia: Whatever will do the job, I guess? The more we film the better.

Lilica: But how do we know that we can trust you in the reality, Sir? ( looking at Bryan)
Bryan: Yes, definitely! You can ask my mom how honest and morally upright I am. By the way, you don’t need to call me “Sir,” just Bryan will do. In fact, as a thank you for your upcoming support of my channel, you can hitch a ride in my new Ferrari 250 GTO Testa Rossa . ( have him point to the car. That being whatever we can use, obviously not what he said it is. The aliens look at it and are very impressed.)
Khemia: A car! Wow! How do you drive it? 

Zioph: Are they automated, Sir? 

Bryan: Automated? Uh, yeah, of course they are. And again, you don’t need to call me ‘Sir.’ Is that part of your gameverse or something? 

Zioph: Game? ( khemia gets a look of excited realization on her face.)
Khemia: Zioph, he means video games! Remember in the head what those are? From history class?
Zioph: Sort of?
Khemia: Ugh. Well we have to see them! We actually have a chance in the reality!

Zioph: I guess so..?
Lilica: I’m not sure in the head..?
Bryan: ( gets a text on his phone from Cathryn. He answers it and then complains about her, and pressures them again to come with him.)Ugh… Cathyrn I swear! She has always has something to complain about. ( the aliens are silent, unsure of what to say.) 

Zioph: I mean…

Bryan: Well it doesn’t matter. Come on, I’ll help you three into my car. Make sure you bring your camera. ( He urges them to follow him with his arms and they go with him hesitantly.) ( As they walk, Khemia notices other people looking at them.)
Khemia: We’re getting weird looks! ( motioning to people that are out of the shot.)
Lilica: I know.
Zioph: We are? ( Looks around.)
Khemia: I’m not sure about this… 

Zioph: Same with me. However this is our chance! We should see it through.
Lilica: We should try at least. 

Khemia: I mean...

( show them going to the car, and bryan helping them into the front and backs seats. All of them are nervous, looking around and acting closed in, with khemia being the most obvious about it. Bryan gets into the car last and dabs before he closes the door, and the car drives off, away from the shot?) 


Scene four:

( show the front door of bryan's house, from the inside. The door is opened and bryan is there, letting the aliens in.)
Bryan: ( will introduce his house in an extravagant way.) Welcome to my mansion. Not to brag, but it’s the biggest house within a 100-foot radius. It’s the perfect place to satisfy even the most intense gaming needs! ( the aliens all enter, looking around in pure awe.)
Lilica: This is a mansion? It looks in the reality like a simple house. 

Bryan: Oh please, it’s certainly more than that. I’ll show you what’s special about it. Follow me! ( he walks on and they follow him.) 


( first he takes them to the living room.)
Bryan: (introduces it.) So, here’s my living room. I don’t spend much time here. ( the aliens walk in, inspecting the couch, coffee table, whatever else there is in our shooting space, and then the tv.)
Lilica: Does this actually work? ( she means the tv.)

Bryan: Of course it does. It’s one of the highest quality TVs in the neighborhood.( zioph and lilica are amazed. Khemia seems off.)
Khemia: Are you guys feeling hungry? ( holds her stomach lightly with one hand as she goes over to them. Her stomach ‘hurts’ because she’s anxious, and sort of hungry)
Zioph: Not really, but that’s a good idea in the head! What about the kitchen? 

Bryan: Ah, of course!  Can’t get some good footage with a void inside of you. I got a large selection of good meals to choose from. Come see. ( guides them to the kitchen.)

( show the kitchen. Bryan walks in with the aliens following.)
Bryan: ( introduces it.) My favorite food tends to be either Doritos or M&M’s. Y’all want some? They’re easy to eat while filming!( the aliens look at him, confused.)
Zioph: Oh uh, sure? Wait. ( takes out his camera and starts to film the kitchen.) What do you call this place?
Bryan: Hm? You mean the kitchen? Also you can wait till we get upstairs to do that.( he means the camera.)  ( Goes and gets the candies. He gives Kit Kats to the girls + Zioph) ( they all inspect the foods before trying them.) 

Zioph: Wow, they’re good! ( lilica agrees with khemia just nodding.)

Bryan: Of course, I only buy the best food. And, actually, if you’re gonna start filming now, then I’ll show you all to my room, or as I call it, my gaming lair! Come on Aliens. ( Walks away, urging them to come. The aliens begin to follow him.) 

Lilica: Sounds real fancy. ( Says this somewhat sarcastically.)

Bryan: ( he brings them into his room, zioph filming.) Bryan: ( introduces it, still thinking that this is all being recorded in a youtube video) I got this watch. ( Jumps in front of them.) Hey, what’s up everyone! It’s your boy Bryan Hickock here again, and today we’re going to be  checking out my all new Nvidia RTX 2080 graphics card and state-of-the art LG 8k OLED gaming monitor. ( Urges them to focus filming on the gaming pc tower.) This baby can run at 240 fps even during the most intense video game matches. Isn’t that just insane? 

( the aliens are extremely confused.)
Khemia: What?

Bryan: What?
Lilica: How does that work?
Bryan: ( Is happy to show them his gaming skills.) The computer? Uh, you just hook it up to an outlet, plug it in to a good sized monitor, and turn it on! ( aliens are confused still.) You guys don’t know how these things work? ( the aliens shake their heads.)
Zioph: We aren’t from here Bryan…
Khemia: No… We’re not.
Bryan: ( is confused, and wants to know, but he decides to start playing so they can film him for their ‘channels’.) What do you… Ah, well I’ll just start the gameplay. 


(show Bryan setting up the gaming rig.) Bryan: You can take a seat if you guys want.
( The aliens do so, feeling the seat carefully. Zioph gives his camera to Khemia and takes out his notepad and pencil and begins to write.) 

Bryan: ( questions what they meant by tiera vive and coming from another world, since he remembers cathryn mentioning it to him once. The idea, the ‘myth’.) 

You wanna know something? I once heard a friend of mine, the girl I was complaining about earlier, Cathryn, mention a far-off planet called Tiera Vive. Something about it being the first habitable planet that NASA ever found. But it’s ancient history. Judging from how you guys keep insisting on it, and since you three are the only ones to ever speak like you do and dress like you do… You guys didn’t actually come from there, did you?

( the aliens become nervous again, specifically zioph and lilica. They glance at each other.)
Zioph: We did.
Lilica: We’ve been trying to tell you.

Bryan: ( wants to know more, so he can see if it matches with what cathryn has said.) ( Bryan begins to play his game.) Bryan: I mean, all of what you’re saying sounds like fiction. But there is one thing about it that kinda sounds familiar. ( The aliens perk up and look at his back.)  My father, who worked at NASA, once told me that the government sent a secret series of rocket ships to that planet where you claim to be from. To allow humanity to survive if no one else here lived still after the third big war. It seemed weird to me at the time, but now, after I’ve learned more about world war 3 thanks to history class, it makes a bit more sense.
Khemia: Third war?
Zioph: That’s… What do you know of it, the expedition you speak of?
Bryan: ( explains what he’s learned.) Well, my dad told me that since space technology wasn’t very advanced at that point, we could only send a couple thousand people to the planet, being as it was the farthest habitable that we knew of. Right up until the war, we could only send millions to just Mars. In terms of the plan itself, the goal was to establish a self-sufficient colony that could act as a backup plan for human civilization in case it got destroyed in a war or disaster. That’s why we tried a place that was so far away, and it’s said to have worked. Thing is, we basically forgot about the colony during the war, according to Cathryn. ( stops the game and turns to face them) That being said, you could be proof that that old legend isn’t fake.
( the aliens aren’t sure of what to say at first, then they seem relieved. Khemia stops filming with the camera.)
Khemia: We’re actually known here in the reality? 

Zioph: Can your friend Cathryn help us?
Bryan: Hm, well I suppose that this would be something that she’d want to know about.  Ever since she started hearing about your planet’s existence, she’s been constantly dying to know more about it; so much so that she even wrote a history report about your planet in school, though it got an F for not having any basis in reality.
( aliens are confused.)
Bryan: Well anyway, lemme get her on the phone. We’ll make it a facetime. [takes out his phone and calls Cathyrn]

( the aliens watch in confusion and intrigue as the phone rings and bryan puts it to his ear. He tells cathryn about whats going on.) 

Bryan: Hey, Cathryn, remember the other week when you told me that we had a lost colony on a planet called Tiera Vive? Yeah well, you won’ t believe who I picked up on the street today. Yes- no! Just, you’ll see. I’ll show you. 


[Bryan shows the aliens to Cathryn using facetime or whatever]

( the aliens all look at the screen, horrified.)
Bryan: ( urges them to talk.) Hey, it’s okay. She’s my best friend. Tell her everything you know about Tiera Vive and your life there. 

( they glance at each other again.)
Zioph: What did you just… ( sighs.) Okay fine. ( faces the screen.) So um… Hello? I’m Zioph, and this is Khemia and Lilica. We are from Tiera Vive, and uh… We made a p-portal, on our world, and with it we came here… Though it doesn’t seem as if there is a way back…
Bryan: ( urges him to give a description of the planet, so they can really see. Also to use their native language pattern.) Zioph my man, you can do better than that. Is Tiera Vive different from Earth? Does it have the same animals and bacteria? Also, don’t you have some quirks in your native dialect of English that you can show her, those extra words or whatever that you’ve been using? Show her that also. She’s listening! ( Zioph swallows and nods his head.)
Zioph: Okay then… Well, the planet contains lots of natural landscapes, no large man made structures like here. ( Lilica shows them the footage on her camera, a montage of every place that Zioph is talking about, acting as further proof.) There are just villages, all made up of simple yet happy families. Each house has a few rooms that contain the necessary things like food and clothing, and washing stations and those kinds of things. We don’t have big fancy equipment like what you guys have. Just the basic things, I guess, like what I’ve said already plus some beds. In terms of time, it goes by slowly most of the time, since a lot of what we do are the same tasks everyday. Help around the house, go to school, help more around the house, hang out with friends or whomever, write stuff down, make some silly videos on the cameras our government’s managed to reproduce for a couple of the villages, sign up for jobs when you’re old enough. And besides all of that, we combine ourselves with the nature of Tiera Vive. That’s what we do the most anyway. ( motions to the three of them.) We spend a lot of time just running through forests and valleys, swimming in lakes and ponds where it’s allowed, watching the sun rise and fall from the sky, things like that. That really is how we spend most of the time.
Khemia: Pretty much. ( Lilica nods)
Bryan:  ( is amazed by the description and isn't sure of what to say. He asks what cathryn thinks before she cuts him off, going on a rant about how correct she was and everyone else was  wrong.) Wow! I...d-don’t know what to say. This all sounds so surreal to me. You-

Cathryn:  I knew it! I was correct all along! We left a bunch of our people on an alien planet and didn’t even rescue them. This is big news! ( the aliens all sit still, confused shocked and scared by her sudden rant.) The amazing thing is that they look biologically similar to us, but their way of living is so radically different from any civilization we’ve ever seen on Earth. Zioph, thank you so much for revealing the truth!( Zioph blushes and looks at the ground, shifting on his feet.)
Zioph: I mean…
Khemia: So, how do you know about us?( looking at cathryn.) 

Cathryn: ( gives a brief history of how she learned from lessons in class, her parents, and her own research and curiosity. Show a visual of what she’s talking about.) Oh, our history classes briefly touched on the history of space travel. The books mention how we colonized most of the solar system. But those colonies all failed due to natural disasters and climates unsuitable for human life. However, one factoid really piqued my interest. There was a group of activists who thought that we had sent a mission to the far reaches of our galaxy, but abandoned them when the war broke out. At first, it seemed preposterous, but more and more I wondered why we didn’t explore beyond the solar system, because that’s where all of the potentially habitable planets are. After some more research on the Internet, I noticed a planet whose color and atmosphere looked suspiciously like Earth’s. It was at that time when I knew that something was being hidden from us. I queried what that planet’s name was, and, according to archives, it was named Tiera Vive, but beyond that there was nothing. I went to see these supposed activists, and it turns out that their theory was about Tiera Vive! 

( the aliens are just utterly confused.)
Zioph: Well… We uh, will be going back to our planet so we can show our government what we’ve got on film. ( motions to the camera.) So they believe us and will help us.
Lilica: If we have their aid, then we could rejoin both of these together. No more isolation.
Khemia: But the question is, can we even go back?
Zioph: ( the girls look at zioph who fidgets nervously.) Well, the person who I had work on the device that brought us here, a friend of mine named Klion, said that he would get the portal back up around two days after he first sent us here. I guess that still applies?
Khemia: Are you sure?
Zioph: I think…? That’s what he said. I told you two already about this. You said that it was okay with you in the head!

Lilica: I never saw a reason to not believe it.
Khemia: I… ( is conflicted.) I hope you’re right. Otherwise we’re here forever, in the reality. ( now Zioph looks sad.) Plus, if we do have to stay here, then where do we stay?
Zioph: Uh…. ( they all look at Bryan hopelessly.)
Bryan:  ( will not know what to say and then cathryn suggests her house.) I really don’t know what to say to you, Zioph. This portal stuff is new to me…. Though I do like playing Portal 2. I do really want to help you guys but….

Cathryn: Oh, they can go to my house! I would be so happy to have you guys over.
( the aliens are shocked.)
Lilica: Is that okay?
Cathryn: ( will explain that she’s alone most of the time, aside from her drunk dad who never knows whats going on anyway, and that it would be a dream to have these aliens with her, to show them the world. Bryan will agree on the showing the world part, that he’ll help.) It’s no problem at all! I’m alone most of the time, and my dad’s a major drunkard, so he won’t care if there are three more people sleeping inside our house. Really, it would be an honor to invite you to my house and be your tour guide here on Earth.

Bryan: I have to say, that’s very kind of you, Cathyrn. We absolutely need to show them what the world has to offer, in order to help them rejoin our civilizations together!

( zioph and lilica seem happy, but khemia is still unsure.)
Zioph: That sounds good enough for me! How does that sound?( turns to the girls.)
Khemia: Eh, I mean… Something could happen in the reality to us.
Lilica: I mean if something were to happen, then we would’ve gotten hints by now, correct?
Kheima: Not exactly..?
Zioph: I mean what other options do we have?
Lilica: Like none.
Khemia: But…
Zioph: When is the soonest we could go there?  ( looks at the phone.)
Cathryn: ( says it could happen right away and that she can drive over there now. Bryan will say that it works for him since he needs to get some more gaming in. he offers them food again and they go to eat dinner.) You three can come over right now as a matter of fact, just let me drive over to you. You’re at Bryan’s house right? I’ll get there in no time. So don’t worry guys, I have your back. I’m getting in my car right now. 

Bryan: Works for me. I guess this means that the video cooperation idea isn’t happening…( realizes something) Wait, you guys haven’t eaten that much yet have you? I got some much better food than candy here. Do you all want something more?

Zioph: Uh, sure. Guys?
Lilica: Why not. Sounds interesting. 

Khemia: I guess… 

Bryan: Yeah, come on! I’ll have em waiting for you outside Cathryn. Cya. ( hangs up and stands up.)  I got some great beverages too. You’ll probably love them! I’ll show you! ( they leave the room.) 


Scene 5


( Show Cathryn and Lilica talking next to her car, in the midst of a happy interrogation/rant from Cathryn to Lilica.)
Cathryn: … So you guys are really from there?
Lilica: Yes.
Cathryn: That is so insane, you have no idea! I’ve literally been-
Zioph: Hello. ( Zioph and Khemia walk into the frame.) Are you Cathryn? ( Cathryn whips around, getting more excited.)
Cathryn: Yes! Are you the other two aliens? ( Zioph and Khemia look at each other.)
Khemia: What?
Cathryn: Oh, my bad. I just thought to call you that since, well, you are from outer space and all that. But forget that. I am Cathryn, and I’ve been so right about your world for months now.
Zioph: So we have been hearing. It is still a major surprise to us to learn that someone here actually knows about us.
Khemia: And cares to help us.
Cathryn: Oh, is that so? Well, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, no one’s really believed me, even after all of my attempts at showing them that Tiera Vive still exists, and there are small signs of life being on there still, just barely visible through telescopes. I guess now is the chance to prove them all absolutely wrong!
Lilica: Hold on, are you saying that you want to show us to the entire world?
Cathryn: Well, yes. Is that an issue?
Zioph: I’m not sure that we would like that. We just came here to see if our portal device would even work, and if it did, to get evidence of it to bring back to our world.
Khemia: We aren’t planning on staying long. ( Cathryn seems deflated by this news.)
Cathryn: Ah, right, well that makes sense. You guys have your own agendas and all…
Lilica: But we are still in need of a place to stay. You said that you would house us for a while? 

Cathryn: Oh! Of course! Like I mentioned over the phone, my dad’s a full on drunkard. He won’t mind if I have some ‘friends’ over the house, even to sleep over. I used to do it all of the time when I was smaller, but nowadays I haven’t had as many people over…
Zioph: Could we ask why?
Cathryn: Ah, just the usual reasons. ( notices the car again.) Ah right! This is my car, and I’ll be using it to take you three home with me. Have you been in a car yet?
( all of the aliens nod at the same time.) 

Khemia: Are all cars fast and unsafe feeling in the reality?
Cathryn: In the what?
Lilica: Our speech pattern.
Cathryn: Oh! Cool! But um, no. That only applies to people who don’t know how to drive properly, like Bryan. But don’t tell him that I said that. He gets sensitive when his ego is hurt.
Khemia: I have noticed in the head his egotism.
Cathryn:  Heh… That’s interesting ( how they speak)… Anyways, I’ll help you all in! The sooner we get home the better. ( She helps them into the car, and then she gets in.) I drive much better than Bryan, so don’t worry about that. My home isn’t too far away also, so it’ll be a quick drive. ( The car pulls out of the driveway and drives away, out of shot.) 


Scene six: 


( show the car driving to a stop in front of a nature trail.) ( Show the inside of the car.)
Cathryn: This here, is what I’m talking about. ( the aliens look out the window, at the trail.)
Zioph: So this place is like our world?
Cathryn: Well, I’m not sure if it’s exactly like where you came from, but it could be similar.
Zioph: Could we take a walk through there?
Cathryn: Mhm, that’s why I stopped. You should get to know how this world’s nature is, if you’re going to be living here. ( This comment makes Khemia shift in her seat.)
Lilica: Are you okay with that, Khemia? ( Khemia looks at the trail, thoughtfully. She’s thinking about how it could be different and similar to what she knows.)
Khemia: Yes, I do not see in the head why not.
Zioph: Okay! It is the same with me, in the head. ( Tries to open the door.) Um, how does this operate? 
Cathryn: I’ll show you. ( Show Cathryn getting out of the car and helping the aliens to get out.)

( Show them all in front of the car now, watching the path.)
Khemia: What kinds of life forms are in there?
Cathryn: Nothing dangerous, trust me. The most you’ll see are some small critters like squirrels and birds, lizards and bugs maybe. Or other people.
Lilica: Are they nice?
Cathryn: Who? The people? ( is hesitant when she says this next part.) Yeah! Of course they are. You can talk to anyone. So come on! You’ll probably like the greenery of Earth.  (Cathryn walks forward, then Zioph. Lilica goes and Khemia stays. Lilica looks back and motions for Khemia, who then moves along with them, anxiously.) 


( They walk through the trail, the aliens looking at the surroundings with intrigue and amazement, Cathryn watching them happily as they go.)
( Eventually Zioph finds someone’s hat lying in the dirt, lost and forgotten about. He picks up the hat, confused.)
Zioph: Huh, this doesn’t seem right… Um, Excuse me, Cathryn! ( She faces him.)  I found something in the dirt? ( She comes over, looking at the hat. The other two girls walk over also.)
Cathryn: Hm? That’s odd. Someone must’ve forgotten it. 

Lilica: Would they still be around here?
Cathryn: Who knows. I’m sure that whoever left it doesn’t want it back, since they never came back for it.
Zioph: You mean we would just leave it here?
Khemia: What other option do we have in the reality? We could return to the car.
Lilica: Or we can look for the owner.
Cathryn: Honestly, that’s up to you guys.
Zioph: Well, how does this world handle its customs?
Cathryn: Its what?
Lilica: He means is it normal for people to give other people back the things in which they lost.
Cathryn: Oh, well yeah, it is. If you want to look for the person who had that then we can look for a while, though I wouldn’t recommend going anywhere beyond this trail, since that would take forever to search anywhere else.

Zioph: I think that we should.
Khemia: Zioph…
Zioph: What? Just for a while! This way we can start to form our good reputation here!

Khemia: You say that as if…
Zioph: What?
Khemia: Nothing. You go in the reality. I wish in the head to return to the car.
Zioph: Khemia-
Khemia: It is fine, Zioph, please. Could I return, Cathryn?
Cathryn: Y-yes, that’s fine. I can show you the way, and then I’ll come back to help these two.
Khemia: Okay, thank you. Lilica?
Lilica: Hm?
Khemia: What do you wish to do, in the head?
Lilica: I… ( Looks between Zioph and Khemia.) I will go with Zioph. 

Khemia: Oh…
Lilica: But, I’m only  gonna go with him for a little while. Then I’ll go back to the car,to be with you. ( looks at Khemia, who is now embarrassed yet ‘happierish’)
Cathryn: Can you find it on your own?
Lilica: I think that I still remember the way back. Is that okay?
Zioph: Fine with me. Khemia?
Khemia: Well, alright.
Cathryn: Okay! I’ll take Khemia back to the car then. You two be safe, okay? ( Zioph and Lilica nod. Khemia and Cathryn begin to walk back to the car.)

( Lilica and Zioph walk ahead.)

( Eventually they find a person taking pictures on the side of the nature trail, without a hat.)
( Zioph and Lilica stop when they see him. They point to him and whisper something. Lilica gets the final say and Zioph gives her the hat and goes up to the stranger, her following behind him.)
( They go up to the stranger, nervous.)
Zioph: Excuse me, Sir. ( The stranger turns around.) Um…
Forest person: Sup?
Zioph: Uh… Have you in the reality lost your hat? ( Lilica holds it up.)
Forest Person: ( Has a really confused look.) In the what?
Zioph: What? ( Awkward silence.)
Lilica: We would like to know i-if you lost your hat? ( gives the hat to Zioph who holds it up to the stranger.)
( The stranger looks at it, and is relieved.)
Forest Person: Oh, this! Yeah I guess it must’ve fallen off of my head and I didn’t even realize! ( Takes the hat from Zioph.) These bad boys always try to escape you you know? Almost as annoying as that “okay boomer” meme that my friends won’t shut up with saying. ( the aliens are confused, lilica not as much so.)
Zioph: Excuse me?
FP: Yeah?
Zioph: Uh, what in the words did you mean to say?
FP: ( is confused again.) Why’re you talkin’ like that? What ‘in the words’?
( The aliens are now embarrassed.)
Zioph: Oh… Um… S-sorry. We uh… don’t know…
FP: What? Ok well, thanks for the hat… ( turns away, still looking confused and judgeworthy.) Weirdos. ( He whispers.) 

( Zioph wants to say something but Lilica puts her hand on his arm, stopping him. She points back to the way that they came, and Zioph looks and nods sadly. They walk away, looking back once at the stranger, who is taking pictures of his hat now.)

( They walk back to the car, and talk as they walk.)
Lilica: Oh! I forgot something.
Zioph: What is that?
Lilica: The thing I told Khemia: I was supposed to go back early to sit with her in the car. Where is Cathryn?
Cathryn: Hey guys! ( runs up to them.) What’s up?
Lilica: We gave the hat back. Where’s Khemia?
Cathryn: In the car. Did anything bad happen?
Zioph: No.
Cathryn: You sure?
Zioph: Yes…?
Cathryn: Hm… Okay. I can take you back to the car then.
Lilica: I’ll go up ahead.

Cathryn: What?
Lilica: I made a promise to Khemia. ( Runs ahead. Cathryn is surprised by this, but Zioph not as much so.)
Cathryn: what’s she doing? Come on Zioph!
Zioph: Wait! I think that we should walk back still.
Cathryn: But she just left us!
Zioph: Yes, but I think I may know why.
Cathryn: Well why then?
Zioph: In order to help her friend. ( Cathryn looks at him, thinking.)
Cathryn: Oh, I see. Well that’s fine then. Let’s just hope that she knows where to go.
Zioph: Of course. (they watch the path where Lilica just ran down for a couple seconds.)
Cathryn: Well, come on then. It’s getting really late now. ( They walk onwards.) 


( Show Cathryn’s house. Her car drives into the driveway, and she helps the aliens out of the vehicle.)
Khemia: You are certain in the head that this is okay?
Cathryn: Yes! It’ll be no problem, I swear. My dad won’t mind. Might even be happy now… Anyway, the front door is unlocked, so you can come in. ( they are hesitant.)

Zioph: Um… Our clothing… We should change them in the reality. So that we don’t seem too odd…
Cathryn: That’s fine. I have some clothes you all can try. I used to buy too much anyway, sometimes still do hehe…
Lilica: So this is your house? ( points to it.)
Cathryn: Mhm! I’ll go and unlock the door, so we can get ready for bed.
Zioph: We’re sleeping here?
Cathryn: Yeah, why wouldn’t you be? You need a home to sleep in. Plus if you guys want, there’s a cool lake around here that I can show you.
Khemia: A… ( thinks.) ( Cathryn unlocks the front door and motions for them to come in with her. The aliens follow, Khemia being last after glancing in the direction of the group one last time. As Khemia enters, Cathryn says “ it’ll be okay, I promise.” and closes the door.) 



Scene seven: 


( Show the lake. Show Cathryn’s car pulling into the parking lot and parking. The aliens get out and so does Cathryn.)
Cathryn: You guys still feel okay in those clothes? ( Show shots the aliens’ new clothes.)
Zioph: Feels fine to me.  ( the others nod.)
Bryan: Hey it’s your boy Zioph! ( Pan over to Bryan, currently eating something at a nearby table.) Hello! ( waves.) ( the aliens and Cathryn look at him. Cathryn is somewhat annoyed, Zioph is surprised and happy, Lilica is surprised, and Khemia is just watching without really caring, still seeming scared.)
Cathryn: Hi Bryan. Why’re you here?
Bryan: Why’re you acting so defensive Cathryn?
Cathryn: I am? No I’m not!
Bryan: Yes you are.
Cathryn Am not!
Bryan: Zioph, is she acting defensive?
Khemia: Does it matter?
Bryan: No of course not! I don’t even see a reason to argue right now. As a matter of fact, ( Takes all of his trash and throws it away. He walks up to the group.) I see a much better thing to do would be to take a nice walk around the lake. Right Cathryn? ( They eye each other, seeming competitive to help the aliens.) 
Cathryn: Heh, why not? I’m sure that there are things that they want to see around here. Someone needs to show them.
Bryan: Yes! Come along my trio of aliens, to see the lake! ( He points and walks onwards, sort of acting like a commander.) ( Cathryn looks at the aliens and circles her pointer finger around the side of her face, the silent way of telling someone that someone else is crazy.)
Zioph: What’s that mean?
Cathryn: It means that Bryan’s nuts. But come on, we can still do this. ( walks on, seeming annoyed.) ( The aliens look at each other and then walk with her.)

( Show them walking along the street of the lake, with the aliens looking around and Cathryn pointing to the houses up on the hill.)
Cathryn: See those? People live up there.
Zioph: Really? That’s unbelievable. 

Bryan: My grandfather once lived in a huge mansion that took of miles of space on top of one of the largest hills in the world.
( Khemia stops and looks down below at the nature trail.)
Khemia: Guys? ( they stop and look at her.) Is it legal to walk down there?
Bryan: Of course it is! Everyone walks down there. You probably wanna see it since it reminds you of your world, right?
Cathryn: Oh my… Well, come on then… ( walks down, and the aliens follow. Cathryn helps them as they each go down, Khemia, then Lilica, then Zioph, and Cathryn last.)

( Show them walking along the nature path, the aliens examining it and touching it thoughtfully.)
Bryan: See Aliens? We have some beautiful nature here, don’t we?
Cathryn: Bryan, stop it.
Zioph: Well… ( Takes his notepad from out of his backpack.) I would like to write some ideas onto my notepad about this place. I’ve been keeping this with me so I can write down whatever happens to us here.
Lilica: He convinced me and Khemia to do the same. I haven’t really written too much though. I keep forgetting.
Khemia: Same…
Bryan: Ah, I see. Well that’s fine then! Do you two want to join him? ( Looks at Lilica and Khemia. They look at each other, then Zioph, then back to the Earthlings.)
Khemia: I um, would like to see in the reality more of the lake, if that is okay?
Cathryn: We’ll walk back to this spot once we’re done with our hike, so just stay here and we’ll come back soon!  ( Zioph nods.) Come on guys. ( They all walk onwards, Cathryn looking back once.)

( Zioph sits down in the dirt, near to the lake. He takes out his pencil and begins to write.)

( Some minutes pass, show the lake’s surroundings, then show Zioph as the others come back. They see him and and he waves hi to them, standing up and taking hold of his notepad.)
Cathryn: How was it?
Zioph: Not bad. I think that I’m really beginning to like this place. ( Khemia is a little put off by this statement.)
Bryan: Of course you do, this place is great! ( whispers.) Do you mean the lake or Earth in general?
Zioph: Uh, both? How was the walk? ( Looks at his friends.)
Khemia: It was certainly something in the reality…

Lilica: She means that it was beautiful. I agree with you that this world is amazing.
Zioph: Khemia? ( Khemia looks away, holding herself.) What’s wrong.
Khemia: You know in the head, what. ( Silence.)
Bryan: Well, I think what she’s trying to say is, she’s hungry. Right?
Khemia: What? I suppose?
Bryan: Exactly! I know this wonderful restaurant that you aliens have to try. Have you been to a restaurant yet?
Lilica: No.
Cathryn: Do you have those on your planet?
Khemia: Yes, we do. Although they most likely are not the same, in the reality.
Zioph: I would kind of like to try an Earth restaurant. The ones that I’ve seen have all looked very interesting.
Lilica: I agree.
Bryan: Okay good! I’ll take you along in my car then, it’s in the parking lot. Should be only a short amount of time to get to the place that I’m thinking of.
Cathryn: Which is where?
Bryan: Does it matter? You aren’t coming.
Cathryn: I can’t know? They are living with me, after all.
Bryan: So you get to treat them like children huh? Alright, well we’re going to Chipotle, if you have to know. ( He is lying.) 

Cathryn: I am not… Whatever. That place? Alright. I might meet you there.
Bryan: Don’t sweat it, I know where you live. I can take your precious aliens back to your home safe and sound! I promise! 

Cathryn: Bryan, cut it out. I’m only helping them because I want to, because it’s-

Bryan: The right thing to do. Yeah yeah, I know. I don’t care, I’m just saying. Now come along Aliens, let us go to eat! ( The aliens look at Cathryn who is upset.)
Cathryn: Your choice. I’m going to my car. It was fun walking with you guys. ( walks away.)  Guys? Let’s go! ( Zioph and Lilica go with him. Khemia watches Cathryn for a second, sympathizing over emotional distress, but she finally goes after being called one last time.) 


Scene eight:

( Show the next day, the same area of downtown San Diego where the aliens first came in. Show each area where Zioph first woke up and found his friends again. It’s later on in the day now, towards the nighttime.)
(  Show Cathryn’s car driving up to the spot near where Bryan first drove them away. The aliens get out, with Cathryn watching from the driver’s seat. They walk towards the side of the area, near where the water is.)
( Zioph and Lilica are wearing a normal set of clothes, T-shirt and jeans/sweat pants. Khemia is still wearing the clothes that she was wearing the first day they arrived, the Tieran clothes.)
( They walk to the spot and begin to look around.)


Khemia: Are you sure in the head that it is around here, Zioph?
Zioph: I believe so. This is about the area that we woke up in initially, isn’t it?

Khemia: Did Klion ever make a specific prediction as to where the portal would reappear?
Zioph: Um, where we first woke up. That is where he said it would be.
Khemia: Yes, and is that a guarantee?
Zioph: Um…
Khemia: Zioph. Tell me in the words. I do not see anything here that will take us home.
Zioph: I….
Khemia: Hm? ( Lilica and Khemia both look at Zioph, who is seeming embarrassed and unsure now.)
Zioph: He could have changed something, after we left, or…
Khemia: If he was going to make a change on the device, wouldn’t he let us know about that before we left? What kind of a person does something like this to his friends in the reality and does not tell them about the possibility of such a major detail being changed?
Zioph: He wouldn’t have known before, when we were doing it. It might have been changed after the fact, where the portal is.
Khemia: But see, that makes no sense. Now the portal back home could be anywhere, anywhere on this planet! How, in the reality, are we supposed to find it now?

( Zioph is silent, trying to think of something to say. Lilica is watching, not knowing what to do.) ( Khemia looks between the two of them, looking exasperated.) ( Khemia sits down at a bench, starting to cry to herself.) ( The other two watch her. Zioph and Lilica look at each other, and Lilica motions for Zioph to go and help her, and he is nervous about it but he goes anyway. He walks over to her.)
Zioph: Khemia-
Khemia: Don’t. Please. ( Zioph sighs and sits down next to her.) 

Zioph: But-

Khemia: No. ( Gets up.) I’m going to look for it. If it’s here on this planet, then I’ll look for it. ( Walks away.)
( Zioph stands up and him and Lilica watch her go, calling to her to come back. She keeps walking, moving fast and hard, seeming determined, sad, hopeless.)
( The other two walk after her, following her until she disappears around the corner. They walk up and she’s gone.)
( Cathryn comes up to them, looks in their direction.)
Cathryn: Let’s just go back home. She’ll come back, right?
Zioph: Knowing her, it’s hard to tell. She might just go back to a place that reminds her of home.
Cathryn: Like a naturey area? We can try the nature trail again, see if she’s there.
Zioph: Yeah, sure. ( They go back around the corner towards the car.) 


Scene nine:
( Show the neighborhood. It’s daylight. Show the surrounding area. Show Khemia sitting by herself near the sidewalk, looking out at the horizon. She’s sad, lonely, and scared looking. Crying.) 

( Show Bryan walking down the street, listening to music. He’s singing a song to himself as he goes along. He walks past Khemia. He then stops and sees her before going over to her while taking out his headphones.) 

Khemia: I want to go home.
Bryan: Hm? Home?  You know, I get that. New place, new kinds of things to see and do, different culture, all new kinds of scary. I get that. Didn’t you guys try to go home? What happened with that?
Khemia: The portal never reopened. Zioph’s ‘friend’ out did us in the reality. Either he did not get it to function again, and/or he did and the portal is somewhere on Earth, somewhere where I will never find it. Regardless, we cannot go home now. In the reality, we are stuck here.
Bryan: Hm… Well, that sucks. Thing is though, this planet ain’t so bad, once you get used to it. I mean, so far it’s been fun, right?
Khemia: I suppose in the head…
Bryan: Yeah, and you can suppose in your head that it will keep being fun. Only reason why it wouldn’t be is if you were exposed, and the whole world knew about you three. But that’s not gonna happen, since neither I nor Cathryn would do that to anyone.
Khemia: Seriously?
Bryan: Yes! We know about keeping those that you care about safe and secure. Good friends till the end right?  

Khemia: … Perhaps.
Bryan: Heh, fair enough.
Khemia: Why are you here?
Bryan: Hm? Cause I can’t leave you all alone and sad, who does that? Not me.
Khemia: ...I’m lost. In the reality I ran away from the others. My friends….
Bryan: Oh, you did? That’s not so bad, everyone runs away at some point. That’s how you see the world. Of course everyone has their own ways of running to…. Somewhere… But anyway, I know where Cathryn’s house is. I can take you there if you want, your friends would definitely be happy to see you again.  

Khemia: They would?
Bryan: Surely they would! ( Stands up and offers her his hand.) Come on, the sooner the better. (Khemia thinks before taking his hand and standing up.) Trust me, this life isn’t so bad. You’ll get used to it, eventually. As for where they might be, I’m thinking that they might be at the pond. 

Khemia: Hm?
Bryan: Hendrix Pond. Cathryn tends to go there often, so she might be there with them. It’s worth a shot.(  Khemia smiles a bit.)
Khemia: Okay, I guess in the reality I can try it… ( They walk off towards the house.)

Scene ten:
( Show the Hendrix Pond, with Bryan’s car parking near to Cathryn’s car. Khemia and then Bryan get out. Bryan leads her down the trail to the pond itself.)
( Show the actual pond, with the others sitting down near it, talking and playing with the water.)
Cathryn: … There are two reasons why you never drink pond water on its own. The first is for health reasons, cause if you think about it…. ( Show Khemia and Bryan looking at them, Khemia being nervous and sad again.)

( Bryan taps her.)
Bryan: Go on. They’re waiting. ( Khemia’s nervous. Bryan does a laugh/sigh and goes down first, Khemia following.)
( Show the other three hearing something and looking up, seeing Bryan and Khemia walking up to them.) 

( Zioph, Lilica, and Cathryn all light up emotionally and stand up, each one hugging Khemia in the order that I just listed.)
( Khemia is now happy again. Cathryn hugs Bryan for finding her.)
Zioph: Where’ve you been?
Khemia: Looking around. I’ve noticed something. This place isn’t so bad. 

Zioph: Yeah, exactly! 

Lilica: It doesn’t matter if we’re stuck here, we can still be happy, in the reality. ( Bryan goes over to them.)

Bryan: I’m glad that we all understand and are happy with our situation now. By the way, you can do something really cool with these rocks. ( Picks one up.) It’s called skipping rocks, and only skilled people can do it. Watch. ( Throws it and it doesn’t work.) 

Zioph: Uh.
Cathryn: He’s just bad at it. I’ll show you guys how to do it properly. Look. ( Begins to show them what to do, taking rocks and giving it to them and having them throw it in different ways. ( Show the camera zooming out  as they play and try to throw rocks. End.)













© 2020 Connor Shane


Author's Note

Connor Shane
This was initially made for a high school movie awards festival, but it was never fully made due to schools closing because of the Coronavirus fears.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

14 Views
Added on March 20, 2020
Last Updated on March 20, 2020
Tags: Change, Culture, Friends, Planets, Society

Author

Connor Shane
Connor Shane

San Diego, CA



About
Connor Shane is a big writer and reader, but can’t help gaming every now and then. Besides school, his main hobby is writing, such as longer short stories, poems, and flash fiction. Other than w.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Connor Shane


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Connor Shane


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Connor Shane