Goddess Slayer

Goddess Slayer

A Screenplay by Connor Shane
"

There is a land of four main quadrants, where in three of them people live in war. This war is lead by a tyrannical Goddess, who is fated to be destroyed by three lone warriors. Can they succeed?

"

SCRIPT AND ACTIONS: (  some 1 else fill in shots, please.) 


Scene  1  


( show the outside of the Goddess’ palace. Have the servant Zale run through a hall, looking nervous and sweating and panting. He comes to a door, stopping to gain his breath. He opens it and looks in. He stands in the doorway.) 



Servant: HEFRIES! Is it done yet? ( he walks into the room as Hefries talks, leaving the door open.) 


Hefries: Almost. Once this is done, we’ll be free. 


( servant walks over to Hefries, who is crouched over the lance on the table.Servant looks at it.)


Servant: That’s all? All this time and worrying for this? 



Hefries: You’d better hope so Zale. This weapon…


( zoom in on the lance.)

Servant: Will it ACTUALLY work?

Hefries: Only by someone who WANTS to use it. Who wants to free this world…

Servant: Who can do it? If not you then…?

( show his face.) Hefries: I’ve been thinking and…My son could…( looking thoughtful and sad. Opens his mouth to speak before being cut off by the sound of someone walking into the room.) 


Nirnaya: I’ve heard about some naughty servants in here. ( stands in the doorway with her hands on her hips. Looking upset.) 


( both guys turn around. They become shocked.) Hefries: N-Nirnaya! W-what’re you doing here my lady?

( show her again.) Nirnaya: The REAL question is what YOU are doing with THAT. ( points at lance)

( show him as he looks at the lance and then jolts in his chair.) Hefries: Just a simple h-hobby experiment! 

( walks forwards with her hands in fists as she stares at Hefries, looking angry.) Nirnaya: DON’T you even TRY and lie to me! You’re planning to kill me aren’t you? ( Show Hefries as he begins to talk but is cut off again. Nirnaya walks into the shot towards him still.) Don’t lie to me, I know that all my servants hate me. The 1s that are left. ( grabs him by the neck and raises him.)  It’s a natural part of life ain’t it? Hate and anger and fear. ( chokes him harder.) I’ll just have to get you out of my way then. I can get whatever I want! HE put me here, so I’ll do as I please. HUMANS won’t stop me. No matter how many of you leave, I WILL have my way! 


( Nirnaya sees the servant Zale back against the wall.)

Zale: Nirnaya stop this! A Goddess should NOT do this! You’re supposed to be majestic and caring! You… you….


Nirnaya: Telling me what my job is? A good servant will listen and NOT talk back! It’s fine, I’ll remove both of you. Not like it ever matters to me! ( Shoots Zale with magic stuff and kills him, making him disappear. )


(She looks back at Hefries who is almost dead.) Now who is this SON that you say will wield that lance? ( Hefries doesn’t talk.) Ah right. Well no matter. I’ll wanna meet them personally. You humans are too interesting not to put you to good use. For entertainment, and perhaps redemption. ( strangles and kills Hefries. She drops him to the floor and he disappears.) 



( Show Nirnaya from the ground up.) Nirnaya: You shouldn’t make things to fight your superior. That’s the law of this world. ( She leans over.) 



( show the lance again. Nirnaya picks it up.)


( she looks at it and smiles.)

Nirnaya: Curious. What warrior could wield this? I’ll just HAVE to know! It could be the perfect setup to bring them all back to me! ( laughs and walks away.) 

1:00-1:10 minute




Scene 2:

( show the San Amarillo town in Industralia city. Show the decrepit and rusting buildings, beggars on the streets, and trash on the ground.) 


( Show a sidewalk. Kain walks into the shot, looking depressed and introverted. He has his hands in a jacket, and his wooden sword slung over his back. He looks at some beggars asking for money and just smiles at them and walks away. He steps over some trash.)

( show the front of a bar. Kain walks towards the doors, opening them and stepping inside.) 


( show the inside of the bar. People talking, getting drunk, arguing. Talking about the problems with the normies and niras and how the civil war between the religion and non-religion is ruining the city of industralia. Taking the resources that the city barely had in the first place.) 


( show the bartender cleaning a glass, looking bored. Kain walks up and sits down with a heavy sigh. The bartender asks what he wants.) Kain: Some beer. 

Bartender: You don’t look old enough son.
Kain: who cares.
Bartender: want some water?
Kain: no.

Bartender: thats all your gettin’. ( walks away. Kain sighs and puts his hands on his face.) 



Stanford: HEY edgy! ( Kain looks up. Stanford is standing over him, looking smug. He has a club in his hand. There is a table with girls sitting around it behind Stanford, they’re all looking giddy and drunk.) What’re you doing here? Besides being overly depressed.

Kain: None of your business.

Stanford: That’s right. Just like how your mom decided to have no business regarding you?

( Kain straightens up.) 


Kain: What?

Stanford: Yeah the whole town knows! You were her little robber right? Then she let you go to try and cover her own tracks. How sad. I bet she thought you’d make it on your own. But from this, ( waves at him.) I don’t see that it was the right decision. 


Kain: ( stands up.) You really wanna start something? Relaying info to everyone that already knows isn’t gonna make you seem any cooler to those girls. ( nods to them. They laugh and Stanford blushes.)

Stanford: And what’re you tryna do? Start a fight?

Kain: I’ll only finish the 1 that YOU are starting. Why? To impress some chicks that’ll probably leave you feeling infected after a single night of fun? ( the girls laugh even more and Stanford fumbles with his words.) 


Stanford: OH so you now can talk back to ME huh? Well try me then, Little Robber! ( hiccups and charges with the club. Kain steps out of the way as Stanford crashes into a chair.)

Kain: I haven’t done THAT kinda thing in a long time. But it seems that this city was and will forever be screwed. And it’s thanks to people like you. ( Looks at Stanford in disgust as the attacker gets up, rubbing his head.) 


Stanford: Kid, you better shut your trap. You turn a simple chat into a fight and act like you’re the better 1 here. 


Kain: I never said I was. No 1 is better than any 1. But please come at me, I’m bored. ( takes out his sword, smiling. Stanford yells and attempts to swing his club, missing Kain. Kain uses the butt of his sword to jab Stanford in the stomach. Stanford staggers and Kain stands happily. He looks at the girls, who’re all quietly watching now. Stanford smacks kain’s leg with his club, causing Kain to fall to the ground. Stanford laughs.) 


Stanford: Get outta here Robber! We don’t need kids acting like heroes in this town. It’s a harsh world. Being sad and gloomy won’t help ya. ( raises his club. Kain whirls around and kicks Stanford’s feet right out from under him and gets up. He brings his sword down onto Stanford’s body, but stops right before he makes contact with the skin. Stanford and the girls and everyone else in the bar gasps. Kain smiles and cuts along Stanford’s stomach, leaving a nasty gap.)

Kain: Don’t tell me what to do. I don’t care about this town or this world anymore. There’s only 1 thing that I’d care about. And I’m never finding out about him. ( walks away, sheathing his sword. He leaves the bar, with everyone watching him still as the doors close.) 

1:30 minute


Scene 3:

( show the apartment building that Kain lives in. He looks at it and sighs. He takes the stairs and goes up to his door. He looks for his keys in his pocket. Ellis is watching him from the opposite end of the hall. Kain thinks he hears something and looks at the spot just as Ellis ducks behind the wall. He shrugs and opens the door, walking inside. Ellis pokes his head out again.) 


( show the apartment rooms downstairs. Show the living room as Kain walks in, taking out his sword. He looks at the blood and smirks. He shakes his head and throws the sword onto the couch. He yawns and slinks his way up to the second floor.) 


( show the front window. Ellis shows his head, looking left and right. He opens the window and flops into the house. He stands up, looking around very stealthy like. He walks through the kitchen, searching through the cabinets and inspecting food dishes. He makes his way to the stairs, noticing Kain’s sword. He smiles and climbs the staircase.) 


( show Kain’s room door. It opens slowly as Ellis peeks in. show Kain sleeping on top of his bed, snoring. Ellis walks in slowly, looking around his room and in his drawers. He pulls out 2 pieces of paper from a cabinet. 1 is a picture of Iggy and the other is a ripped paper from a diary, with the words talking about the search and wonder that Kain has for his father and how his mother had talked about his father having something called “the weapon”. Ellis puts the paper in his pocket and stuffs the Iggy picture in the cabinet. He walks out of Kain’s room, watching Kain as he shuts the door.) 


( show Kain’s face as he opens his eyes, looking annoyed.) Kain: Really? ( He gets up and cracks his knuckles and sighs. He gets up and exits his room, seeing Ellis heading back down the staircase.)

( Kain follows close behind Ellis, stopping when Ellis stops twice. As Ellis reaches the bottom step Kain hits him in the neck, causing Ellis to fall unconscious.) 


( Ellis wakes up in the kitchen, tied to a chair. In front of him is Kain, leaning against the fridge with his sword.)
Kain: So, mind explaining what you’re doing in my apartment?


Ellis: U-uh, who’re you? ( tries to look innocent. Kain sighs and stands up, swinging his sword through the air.)

Kain: Look buddy, I don’t wanna deal with some random kid in my apartment. Who are you and why are you here?

Ellis: Why’re you acting like a senior to me? You seem around the same height as me, and judging by your demeanor and pitch of voice I’d say you’re about the same age as me. So you don’t have a right to speak to me as if you’re older and have a stronger presence than I do. Although this IS your apartment so technically you do have a larger presence unless you have parents here… But wait no because both of your parents left you and- ( Kain puts his sword tip right up to Ellis’ nose) 


Kain: Shut. Up. I’m not playing any games. DON’T talk about my parents. Got it? Tell me why’re you here.

Ellis: Ok ok! I’m looking for help in order to defeat the Goddess Nirnaya! Please don’t hurt me! ( Kain huffs and takes the sword away.)

Kain: The Goddess huh? Are you part of our lovely military who’s trying to fight against the niras?

Ellis: Huh? No no! I want to end the civil war within our nations! I think it’s time to end all the fighting! But you know how those Niras are, they won’t stop until we cut their powersource! 


Kain: That being the woman they worship. ( Looks thoughtfully at the ceiling.) Sounds like a dumb desire. Why’re you in my apartment. 


Ellis: Oh of course! Well you see there is 1 thing among others that I do really well! Research. I won’t give you details as I know you couldn’t handle it. You don’t seem like the thoughtful type. ( Kain gets upset.) WHICH doesn’t mean you can’t help me! You see through my findings of ancient books I came across the legend of a man named Hefries Stygil. He was said to-

(Kain puts the sword near Ellis’ throat again, looking surprised.)

Kain: WAIT that’s my father’s name! You read about Dad-my dad?

(Ellis looks frightened.) Ellis: Ahaha so it is your father!... C-could you get the blade away from from my adam’s apple please? It causes me a difficulty in speaking!  ( Kain withdraws.)

Kain: You talk weird. But ok then. What about this man?

Ellis: Well the book didn’t say too much regarding your father. Simply mentioned how he was whisked away and forced to work under the Goddess for 10 years before he-

Kain: For HOW long?! ( begins to pace.) That makes no sense. By the Goddess? He was a normie! Just like my whole family, we were all normal people! Why would the Niras want him?

Ellis: A-ah, I think it was the Goddess herself who took a liking towards him. It says in the book that she would often take certain normies who she found to be strong and/or smart. Someone like me for example. 


Kain: ( stares at himself in the fridge reflection.) To be strong… You must be kidding me. My father wasn’t that strong. He was quite the wuss honestly. He was a kindhearted man who was too afraid to do anything that required thick skin. That’s why I THOUGHT he was killed attempting to try out for a hunting group 10 years ago. Seemed to make enough sense at the time. My mom believed it. I was too young at the time to really understand it. 


Ellis: Then by the time you were entirely conscious of yourself, she was using you for her own greedy deeds? Causing you to think that your only option was running away to start anew after she herself had left you on your own? 


(Kain turns around, staring coldy at Ellis.) Kain: I was helping her! She was sick and had 2 broken legs. Do you get how ridiculous that is? 2 and she never wanted help. I had to help instead. 


Ellis: It was an excuse for laziness. 


Kain: Stop acting like you know me. It’s annoying. I don’t even know why I’m talking to a robber. ( walks across the kitchen while facepalming.)

Ellis: Robber to Robber eh? Although I wasn’t actually trying to steal from you. I mean I did take 1 thing so that I could leave a note, but uh… oh oops.

Kain: ( Looks at him. Raises sword.) What’d you take? 


Ellis: Oh it’s nothing really, just a simple piece of paper.

Kain: SHOW ME.

Ellis: You know I’m tied up right?

Kain: I hate you. ( cuts the rope. Ellis stands up, stretching.)

Ellis: That wasn’t smart. I could knock you out right now.

Kain: I’ll triple dare you to try it. Gimme the paper. ( Ellis reaches into his pocket and produces the paper with the old father notes. He hands it to Kain who takes it sharply and reads it.)

Kain: This was from long ago. Did you go into my diary?

Ellis: Nope! Not even a genius like me is THAT nasty! 


Kain: ( rolls his eyes.) Well what did you want this for again?

Ellis: ( makes a confident pose.) To complete my research before taking action! To find out if you were the real son of Hefries! I had to make sure. Turns out it was true according to that paper, and so I was on my way to leave you a note on the back of that thing before you so kindly took me out.

( Kain looks unimpressed.) Kain: Really. Are you sure that the Almighty Goddess won’t strike you down or something for trying to kill her?


Ellis: Ah no, she hears it all the time I’m sure. She won’t even believe me! HEY NIRNAYA! ( looks at the ceiling. Kain becomes a bit apprehensive, but nothing happens.) See? I need to strike her down and end the Goddess’ regime! Without her they’ll be nothing and I WILL go down in history as the 1 to end the war!  ( looks proud of himself. Kain puts the map on the counter and gets a bottle of water from the fridge and looks at him.) 


Kain: So then, how’re you gonna go about this?

Ellis: ( looks questioningly at Kain’s bottle.) I could use some help. Some 1 who can wield the legendary weapon and destroy Nirnaya!( Kain starts to ask something but Ellis keeps talking.) AND through my research I’ve figured out a great thing that can help me!

Kain: I don’t care. ( sits on a dinner table chair.) But you’re about to say it aren’t you? ( lazily slurps water. Ellis faces him, looking excited.)

Ellis: They have their Encyclopedia of the Goddess. I read about and memorized it’s location in another book! I could find that Encyclopedia. From there I could figure out where to construct the key that will let us into the magical palace in the continent of Amarate!

Kain: Whoopee. So are you gonna go and do your Goddess Slaying now and get out of my apartment?  


Ellis: Of course! However… ( looks thoughtful) Now that I know that you’re the son of the servant Hefries, I have a request of you. 


Kain: I know you’ll say it if I say no so say it. 


Ellis: In the legends I’ve read about, it says Hefries made a weapon to kill Nirnaya. Rumor has it that only a blood relative of his can wield the weapon. I don’t know if that’s true, but considering how ‘ancient magical weapons’ work, who knows. 


( Kain leans over onto the table.)

Kain: How do you know this stuff is ancient? Actually don’t answer that, I don’t care. Probably just stupid wording as people always use.

Ellis: Some who don’t know any better. But I think you know what I shall be asking of you. Can you come?  ( Kain thinks for a moment.)

Kain: Do you know if my dad is still alive? In the palace or whatever? 


Ellis: Well… the books never mentioned anything about that. It is possible I believe. Do you wish to see your father again? 


( Kain sits up and sighs.) Kain: I...I guess I do. ( gets up and throws his water away in a trash can.) I’ve been thinking too much about him. When my mother left me I promised myself I would find him. See if he was really dead. 


Ellis: So I’ll be the 1 to give you a chance! Whadda say? Put everything aside and journey on as pals? Get what we both yearn for? ( Looks hopeful.)

Kain: Yearn? I guess that’s the word...But fine. Where are you even going now? What am I supposed to do?

Ellis: To the island of ZILA. 


Kain: The what?

Ellis: Haven’t been there? It’s a small town on the ocean that’s occupied by the Niras. They tend to be neutral from the war however. I used to know a girl who lived there, and she’s a normie. Shyann, how’s that for a name? I honestly thought she was a Nira, since they have names such as that.

Kain: Do they now? Well I’ve never heard of it. How’re we getting there? I got a schedule for this week of doing nothing and moping around. 


Ellis: Hmmmmmmm. I may have an idea. However I’ll have to figure it out first! Make plans. I’ll see you tomorrow Friend. Ah my name’s Ellis by the way Kain!

Kain: Hm? Alright Ellis. What plan? Don’t make a plan without my consent!

( Ellis looks excited as he heads for the door.) Ellis: Ah it shouldn’t be a worry! Just trust me! I’ll be using your door now! ( opens the door and leaves. Kain is about to ask a question but stops himself. He sighs and looks at his sword in his hand.) 


Kain: What am I getting myself into? I don’t even know that kid...But I suppose it could make things interesting. And if I can see my Dad again... ( transition to scene 4) 




Scene 4:

( show Kain waking up in the morning, looking tired and still depressed. He goes downstairs to get some eggs. He takes out a carton of eggs in his kitchen door, hearing the mail get dropped off at his door. He opens the door and sees the usual mail pile along with a note beside it. He picks up the note, ignoring the mail.)
Note: Hello fellow new friend Kain! It is I, Ellis! The 1 who helped you realize you could find your father? I have left you this note as I must get back to my studies and do not wish to interrupt your napping time. You are napping yes? I know you are. Any-who, I would like for you to meet me somewhere so we may begin our journey to Zila! Come to Downtown San Amarillo, where the Spritzy Park is located near the shipping docks! I believe I have something for you!

Signed, Ellis Zuilo.


( Kain looks confused, then remembers. He sighs, taking in the rest of the mail. As he eats his eggs he looks over the note again, considering. He once again looks at his sword and then the page about his father from his diary he set on the kitchen table. Show his face as he decides to go.) 


( transition to the Spritzy Park. show the buildings, people walking by, and people playing and relaxing on the park grass. Ellis is sitting at a bench, eating a sandwich and reading a book with a new sheathed sword laying on the bench beside him. Kain enters the park with his sword on his back. He sees Ellis and walks over, putting his hands in his pockets. As Ellis sees him he puts away his book and stands up.)


Ellis: Good Friend! I’m so glad you’ve come!

( Kain looks at him, then the sword.)

Kain: What’s that?

Ellis: Ah this! ( picks it up, taking the metal blade out of the sheathe.) Is your new weapon! ( Kain looks in awe at it.) I didn’t construct this, I simply had a friend of mine do so! Ah Ignatius was always a keen 1 when it came to weapons!

Kain: For me? Why…?

Ellis: Because! I fear that our journey may get hairy. As smart as I am...I can’t defend myself very well. That’s where you come in Good Friend! A stick such as yours won’t be of any use! ( offers him the sword. Kain is hesitant. He looks around before carefully accepting the gift. He looks it over.) 


Kain: I don’t get it...I could never afford a real sword. How much money do you have? ( looks at Ellis.)
Ellis: From the many books and sculptures I’ve made?  Hmmm…. ( seems thoughtful) 3000….4000... ( A ship’s horn sounds in the distance.) OH! ( jumps and looks at Kain.) That reminds me! We’re off to the island! Did you come prepared? 


( Kain is confused.) Kain: No, I’m never prepared. Who needs that? ( Chuckles.) 


Ellis: Anyone needs that! But that’s ok, I didn’t come with any supplies either! The Niras might not suspect us of anything if we’re unarmed! If not then, I have you! Right? ( Kain doesn’t answer. The ship’s horn sounds again. Ellis offers his hand.) Come, give me your old stick and we shall move!

( Kain looks at the new blade. He sighs.) Kain: Ok, this better be worth it. Only for my Dad.

( transition to a shot of a small rowboat at the docks. Show the boys looking at it. Kain is disappointed and Ellis is excited. Kain as the new sword sheathed on his back.)

Kain: I would’ve figured you’d get something more…

Ellis: Flashy? Glamorous? A true show of power and wealth? A luxury heaven on the sea? No no Friend! This is a secret operation! We need to be discreet. Do you know what that means?

Kain: Yes. And if this just HAS to be it then…( Climbs onto the boat.) Whatever. You do know where we’re going? ( Ellis hops down onto the boat as well.)

Ellis: Do you think I wouldn’t? ( Takes out his book again and flips to a certain page where a map is hidden. He points to a picture of Zila on the map.) I got a permit for us to sail exactly there. Do you wanna row? I’m pretty weak like I’ve mentioned. ( kain stares at him seriously.)

Kain: No.

Ellis: Please?

Kain: I ain’t doing any work!

Ellis: But it’s for your father!

Kain: Don’t use that as a motivator! I’m not even sure if my father is worth any work…. ( Looks sad. Ellis empathizes and settles himself down at the oars. He tries to row but can barely move the boat. Kain rolls his eyes.) I can’t stand this. Move. ( shoves Ellis outta the way and starts to row the boat. Ellis smiles and sits down in front of Kain.)

Ellis: Then I’ll direct you!

Kain: Ohhhh boy... ( the boat sails off into the distance.) 



Scene 5:

( show the docks of Zila and the things happening there. Show the row boat entering the docks and Kain hopping up onto the docks and strapping the rope onto the pole of the dock. Ellis offers his hand to be helped up but Kain doesn’t do anything. Ellis climbs up himself, struggling. He wipes himself off as Kain looks around menacingly.) 

Kain: So where is this book about the Goddess? 

Ellis: Let’s see…. We should find the library in the little town square just up ahead! ( they both look. Show the shot of the place up ahead. They can’t see the library.)
Kain: What library?
Ellis Ah….( notices a pack of Niras staring at them from across the docks. It’s Riley and his gang. Ellis becomes scared.) L-let’s just move over there and see what we can see. How about that? Let’s do that.
Kain: Why’re you so-
Ellis: NO reason! ( chuckles nervous as he starts fast walk across the docks. Kain is confused but follows. Show Vanessa standing in a crowd with a hood over her head. She turns to look at the backs of the boys as they walk off.)
Vanessa: Normies huh? ( seems interested and walks out of shot.) 



Scene 6:


( show the front of a library with people doing things. Ellis and Kain walk up to it. Ellis gestures towards the front doors.)
Ellis: Here it is! Hopefully the- ( spots the gang of Niras coming towards them.)
Kain: Who are you running from? ( Ellis jerks.)
Ellis: A-ah no 1! Let’s just get inside! Soon!
Kain: But you’re act like-
Ellis: NOW. ( hurries up the steps. Kain looks around and shrugs. The gang of Niras is gone. Kain follows Ellis up the steps.)

( show the inside of the library with people reading. Kain and Ellis walk along the rows. Ellis finds a book but its the wrong 1. They do this a second time and Kain becomes annoyed. The third time its the right 1 titled “ Encyclopedia of the Goddess” written by Livi White.) Ellis: AHA! Here it is! I went through much research to come to the conclusion that THIS book is the 1 that will help us! ( holds it triumphantly.) ( Kain sits down.)
Kain: And the whole library needs to know? ( Ellis becomes self-aware, looks around, and sits down next to Kain. he opens the book. He starts to search through it. Some minutes later, and Kain is sleeping on his hand.)

Ellis: HERE! ( Kain jumps up, now awake.) Here it mentions the KEY. The first thing ever created by Nirnaya herself! It is said to be the very item that can unlock the Goddess’ palace to a normal person or a nira who hasn’t fully proven themselves to the ways of Nirnaya. It was first used to lock the gates during the Psycho Wars and 1 last time during the Half of Us War. I remember reading about those. You won’t believe how many people died for the stupidest reasons. They even used Toxic bombs and Combo Launchers! 

Kain: I don’t know what any of those are. Can you just get to the point? Is the gate still closed?
Ellis: It indeed is, for anyone who isn’t a true nira. It’s been closed for a while now. Only the key can open it up. ( lowers voice and bends down. Kain does the same, confused.) We need to find the 3 parts that can be used to construct the item.
Kain: How do we get those then? 

Ellis: It says that there are many ways to construct the key. 1 way requires like it says here: 34 pieces in total.
Kain: Hell no.
Ellis: Then how about the second option? See? Requires 3. A shaft, a silver front and a Heavenly Amarate enchantment. How about that? ( Kain sees a paragraph about his father.)
Kain: What’s this? ( reads the book:) Hefries Stygil was a high value servant among Nirnaya’s last generation of helpers. He was in charge of delivering the Goddess’ whims to the entirety of the palace and the Niras across the lands of Nirism, as well as replacing special trinkets and paintings and luxury furniture in the Goddess’ very own rooms. He was last known to have been caught building the All-Lance, a weapon that was rumored to be capable of killing Nirnaya herself. Although the whereabouts to this mystical weapon remain unknown, Nirnaya has said that only SHE knows of its location. Unwilling to let it be seen by anyone except the 1 she wants to meet. 1 related to Hefries. The true wielder of the All-Lance. What does that mean? My father was really apart of her little parade? How come my family never knew?
Ellis: You were all normies correct? That’s why then. The Niras would never admit to it if they didn’t trust you. Especially not something that the Goddess would keep a secret. ( Kain looks upset. And stands up, sighing.)
Kain: Ok then...then he still has to be up there! ( Ellis stands, looking at Kain.)
Ellis: Precisely! If we get into the gate we can both get what we desire! ( looks around.) We shouldn’t be saying that in their own territory. We should leave before they notice who we are! ( Ellis ushers Kain outside as the scene ends.) 


Scene 7:

( show a small lake near the city in Zila. Kain and Ellis are walking by it.) 

Ellis: So as I was saying. I think that if they were to use some sorta purifier magic on their ponds, then they could get some much healthier fish. Wouldn’t you think? Add that to the oceans too, that way we can’t risk receiving bad fish dishes! I’ve tried to tell my business men about that but they wouldn’t believe me! Can you imagine how difficult money is? 

Kain: I wouldn’t care either way.
Ellis: Well I for 1- ( Is cut off by the sound of approaching people. Show the gang of niras with Riley in front. There are 3 others besides him. They all look happily nasty.)
Riley: Hello NORMIES. Whatcha doin’ here in our land? Plotting to invade the Goddess’ palace? We heard you in the library! ( the boys look at each other. Ellis smiles helplessly. Kain faces Riley.)
Kain: We are. What do you care? Isn’t your life made worse by the whims of someone else?
Riley: Heh, as if. You’ll never know how much freedom hurts until you it’s nearly killed you. I was a normie once. Until I couldn’t handle the responsibility of a life owned by only me. Then I was taken in by my brothers. Not blood related of course but brothers by sheer will of the mind! Nirnaya controls me and therefore makes me freer and stronger! More so than ever. More so than you normies could ever know! ( Kain and Ellis look at him. Ellis tries not to laugh as Kain sighs from cringe.)
Ellis: TELL ME you’re joking Riley. You’re still with them? Comedy gold! ( Riley and his gain become pissed off.)
Riley: LAUGH at me will ya? That’s perfect! All the more reason to sacrifice your lifeless bodies to the Goddess. ( takes out his sword as the other 3 gang members do. Kain smiles.)

Kain: Guess it’s time to test out this little guy. ( takes out his sword.) Come me at you Nirist freaks.  ( they fight. You guys do it. Just have Kain get a bit beat up, but wins in the end. Ellis helps out a bit how he can. By the end of it, 3 of the gang members are on the ground, knocked out and bleeding. Riley is on the ground on his back with Kain looking over him.)
Riley: Kill me. Do it! You’re no better than ANYONE ELSE if you do! 

Kain: Hm…. I don’t think so. I won’t let you get your victory by your own death. I’ve satisfied myself for now. 

Ellis: He LIKES to hurt people! ( kain looks at ellis in an angrily annoyed way, then turns back to riley.)
Kain: Tell me where we can find the parts to the key of the palace. And make it fast, I’m getting hungry!
Ellis: I am too!
Kain: Quiet Ellis! 

Riley: You 2 already know the parts needed don’t you? It’s not hard. Well, except for the Amarte enchantment of course.
Kain: WHERE is it?
Riley: They’re typically located in Prayer Temples! I know of 1 located in the Forest of Whispers in Faviation! If it’s not there, then I dunno.
Kain: Where in this temple? Don’t be cryptic with me!
Riley: That’s all I know!
Ellis: Kain I know what he means! I can take you there! ( Kain looks annoyed but sheathes his sword.) 

Kain: Fine then. ( looks at Riley)  You’d better not be lying or I- ( an arrow whizzes past his head, hitting the heart of 1 of the gang members who was about to hit Kain from the side. They all watch the body fall, shocked. They look around. Kain notices someone moving around a building corner. He seems confused but lets it go.) We should uh, go then. See about this temple magic whatever. 

Riley: I hope you die trying. ( looks at Ellis. Seems like he might know something but doesn’t trust his instinct.)
( end scene.) 


Scene 8: 


( show the boat heading through the ocean towards the land of Faviation. The boys are patched up now. Kain is rowing and Ellis is playing with his hand in the water.) 

Kain: So, tell about that kid I spared.
Ellis: Do you think I know anything about them?
Kain: Well you’re such a smart man I’m sure you would. ( Ellis sits up straight, looking at Kain.)
Ellis: You mean that?
Kain: Probably not. ( Ellis sighs and goes back to the water.)
Ellis: His name is Riley. I don’t remember his last name, but we used to be good friends back in middle school. Back then, he was a normie. He was a talkative fellow, always speaking of his life and how he wants to go adventuring and prove to the world that you don’t need a figure like Nirnaya to feel happy and free. Heh. That certainly changed didn’t it?
Kain: How did he change?
Ellis: That is something I do not know, shocking as it is. By the time he made the change, it was near the end of middle school and he stopped talking to me. Those were sad times indeed! Thankfully I had made some newer friends that could fill in the gap he made, but it still hurt to see him go. Come high school and now he’s fully switched to nirism it seems. He even switched to 1 of their schools!
Kain: Well we all lose friends. I choose not to care. ( Ellis sits up again.)
Ellis: Is there anything you DO care about? (Kain is quiet for a bit.) 

Kain: My father. I want to see him. Nothing else. ( Ellis looks down at the boat, thinking.)
Ellis: I wish I could bring Riley back. I have tried but it never works. Always ends in a fight or him simply leaving me yet again. I didn’t think we’d encounter him tonight…

Kain: Why didn’t he recognize you then? If you were friends before and all.
Ellis: His memory isn’t the best let’s say. Usually I spend time trying to get him to remember me whenever I see him. If we meet again though, he might know it’s me. ( Kain doesn’t respond. The boat drifts onwards. End scene.) 


Scene 9:

( Show the Forest of Whispers. The 2 boys walk into shot, stopping to look at the trees. Ellis stuffs a food wrapper into his pocket, wiping his face.)
Ellis: That stuff really hits the spot! I love Wudburger!
Kain: Yeah, nice food. How’re we supposed to find the Temple or whatever?
Ellis: Uh, I read in a book about it.
Kain: Do you KNOW where it is?
Ellis: Yes! It is… ( looks for a moment into the forest.) I have no idea. ( Kain facepalms.)
Kain: Welp, then we are- ( an arrow plants itself in the ground in front of Kain. The boys both step back.) WHAT now?! ( 3 niras equipped with bows emerge from the forest.) 

Nira: STOP normies! Turn back now or suffer the consequences!
Kain: How does everyone now we’re normies!
Nira: Because you just TOLD us! ( Ellis looks at Kain who gets a pouty look.)
Ellis: Please don’t hurt us! We’re trying to help you all!
Nira: Intruding on our territory and on our own culture is NOT helping! Leave!
Kain: Not happening. ( goes for his sword. Before he reaches it 3 arrows fly past him, hitting the 3 niras in the chest. They all fall as the 2 boys watch in surprise.)
Ellis: How did you do that.
Kain: Wasn’t me.
Vanessa: Hello boys! ( appears right behind Ellis who squeals in high pitch and jumps back. She sheathes her bow, laughing.) I saw you 2 earlier back in Zila. you’re both normies right? Mighty bold of you to step into Nira controlled land and mess around! 

Kain: Mess around? How? ( looks in confusion with Ellis.) 

Vanessa: Those bodies? What you did to poor Riley? ( points at Kain.)
Ellis: Wait you know him? ( Vanessa nods.)
Vanessa: Yup! He’s fairly popular among the ladies in the palace. They all swoon over him when he’s in the training yard or in his study room! I don’t see the appeal at ALL. Seems like a jerk to me. Thanks for handing him a good old slice. I would’ve nailed him to death, but I let you have the final call. ( still looking at Kain.)
Kain: So you’re a nirist too? And both of you are allowed in the palace.
Ellis: So you and Riley must be trusted followers! Trusted by Nirnaya. ( Vanessa nods and then shrugs.)
Vanessa: Don’t tell anyone here this but I don’t care. SHE just kinda does what she wants and we don’t get a choice. Some love that and others don’t seem to care. I’m in the second group. I’ve been rather fascinated with the normies recently honestly. I like their idea of freedom better.
Kain: Be careful of where you speak your words.
Vanessa: Ah there’s no 1 out here right now! Except us. (Gestures to the forest.) Which leads me smoothly to the reason I’m here! I saw you 2 on your tiny boat heading towards Faviation, and I figured I’d follow. I gather you’re on some kinda secret op against the Goddess? What military group do you work for? K-Kings?( the boys are confused and look each other before looking back.)
Ellis: Uh, n-nothing like that! We’re just simply attempting to overthrow the Goddess herself! We have our reasons.
Kain: He wants fame and I wanna see my dad again. (looks bored.)
Vanessa: I see, very simple motivations. You 2 understand that such a feat is impossible to most people?
Ellis: I know but I had the grand idea of gathering a blood relative of- ( Kain puts a hand over his mouth.)
Kain: SHUT UP. If the so-called Goddess hears this she might figure me out! I’d rather NOT be slain by a lightning bolt! ( removes his hand. Ellis looks apologetic.)
Ellis: Right of course! Ma’am, I think you know what I meant. We have a chance! ( Vanessa thinks. She looks at Kain.)
Vanessa: Is it true? Hefries’... Well I won’t give anything away to her. I suppose I’ll come along with you folks then. I know why you’re here. There’s only 1 reason why normies would be here. I know the exact location of the Temple of Whispers. I am a nirist afterall.
Kain: Isn’t it illegal for you to take us there?
Vanessa: Sure it is but Nirnaya isn’t watching all the time. If she were then things would be A LOT different. So whadda say? Can I help you 2 boys out?
Ellis: I don’t get why you’re doing this.
Vanessa: We don’t have much time till SHE finds us out here. Can we go or not? ( The boys are skeptical, but put it off.)
Kain: Sure whatever. Just don’t try anything. Lead away archer lady.
Vanessa: Name’s Vanessa Spunky. I hate my last name so don’t use it or I’ll put an arrow in your throat. Come along! ( trots into the forest.) ( ellis leans over to Kain.)
Ellis: We can ask her again later.
Kain: Ok, as long as she doesn’t get us killed.( They follow Vanessa into the forest of whispers.) 


( show the forest, then show the front of the temple of whispers. The 3 enter the scene, with Vanessa up front, looking confident. Kain and Ellis both look exhausted.)
Ellis: Why, our dear archer, did you have to run so fast through the woods?
Vanessa: That way we don’t waste time AND it’s more fun! Don’t you wanna have fun? ( turns to them.) 

Kain: Not if it hurts my body. ( notices the temple and that the doors are shut.) But uh, is that openable? ( Vanessa turns around as they all look.)
Vanessa: It’s locked during prayer time. Which it seems to be.

Ellis: B-but that’s good! We can harvest some Amarate Essence when it’s flowing throughout the whole temple! I have a food wrapper we can use to trap some.
Kain: Seriously? 

Vanessa:  Whatever works I suppose. However… ( her eyes look at a window to the side of the doors.) We can still get in. ( ellis realizes her idea.)
Ellis: I am NOT about to climb through a dirty window in a dirty old temple inside of a dirty forest!
Kain: Where did your smart vocabulary go?
Ellis: Well I simply just-
Kain: Nevermind I don’t care. Vanessa or whatever, are you going in regardless of this buffoon? ( Ellis is offended.)
Vanessa: Well if we’re to kill a Goddess, we need the key. So we can easily get some magic in there to do that.
Kain: Still don’t get why you’re with us.
Vanessa: Maybe you’ll see. ( Walks towards the window.) Are you boys are staying out here to be found by more attackers?
Ellis: This is just gross! ( Kain walks forward next to Vanessa. They both look at Ellis. He puts out his hands in exasperation until he quits trying to argue. He follows them through the window and into the temple.) 


Scene 10:

( show Vanessa landing down inside of the temple. She steps forward as Kain lands down behind her. Ellis lands into Kain’s arms.)
Ellis: Thank you sir! ( Kain looks revolted and drops him. Ellis stands up, seeming annoyed.) You could AT LEAST-
Vanessa: SHHH. We aren’t the only 1s here! ( they all quiet up, hearing voices down the hallway. They move towards the door of the room, past an empty fire pit. They hide around the door, watching through the peephole as 2 men walk by.  As 1 of them opens the door, a third man opens it fully and struts in, not noticing them. The kids freeze while the guy stands before them.)
Man: Empty. Hm. I TOLD Jefferson SPECIFICALLY to check all of the- ( Kain hits his neck, knocking him out. The kids freeze a second longer before rushing out of the room and down the hall.)


( Show a running shot of the kids.)
Ellis: We didn’t hide the body!
Vanessa: Shouldn’t matter! We just need to find a fire pit that’s actually being used and we can-
Kain: HIDE! ( They all hide around the entryway to the main prayer room. There are people in there, all in prayer stances and listening to Curtis who’s at the front of the room, reading from a book.) What now?
Ellis: See that? ( notices Riley in a chair, still beat up.) He’s here. So quick too.
Vanessa: Never mind them! We need to get to that fire pit! ( points to 1 of 2 pits at the edges of the room. 1 of them is located right next to a large potted plant.) Come on. ( quickly runs behind the plant. The boys exchange glances before Kain follows and then Ellis hesitantly.) 


( They are all in a single file line behind the plant. Vanessa, Kain, and then Ellis.) Kain: So what now?
Vanessa: SH. Do you have the wrapper Smart Kid?
Ellis: It’s Ellis! And yes I do! ( Hands the wrapper to her. She opens it up, preparing to reach out towards the fire pit. Kain looks apprehensive. Show Vanessa reaching for the fire pit, looking tense and nervous. Then Ellis begins to write something on a small notebook. Hear the scribbles. Vanessa and Kain stop and both look at him. The scribbles are heard throughout the whole room. Curtis and everyone else stops, looking towards the plant. Ellis doesn’t stop until Kain rips the pencil from his hand. Ellis looks up.)
Ellis: Is there a problem Friends? ( Vanessa is about to speak when they’re surrounded by Niras with weapons, including Curtis.) 

Curtis: So we have intruders? I guess you’re the 1s that Riley was telling me about so vigorously. ( Looks to Riley, who’s still in his chair.) You all must be normies. Tell me, why’re you attempting to snatch away our amarate flames? ( the kids freeze.)
Ellis: U-uh, we want to help everyone! If Nirnaya didn’t exist then we could live in harmony and...and…( shrinks under the niras gaze. Kain facepalms and sighs again.) 

Curtis: Same as all the others. Take away OUR world! OUR culture! The civilization WE manifested with her help! A place of TRUE paradise and freedom! It’s no wonder at all that such people as YOU come in to destroy and WRECK what we believe and what WE LOVE! Such a pity that 3 kids such as yourselves have to be the next 1s hurt. ( shows his weapon.) That’s life I suppose.
Kain: Welp. Guess we’re gonna have to cut our way to the fire instead. 

Vanessa: Doing something different that no 1 agrees with yet it can help the world in ways they’ll never know. ( readies her bow.) Let’s do this. ( Kain is confused at what she said. He rubs it off as they fight.)
( you all do the fight scene again. Just have the fire pits knocked over and therefore put out. Curtis and the kids get hurt, ellis is almost killed but saved by kain. He says “ I need you here.” riley just watches as the other nira members flee. Once the battle is over, curtis is still standing and the other kids are tired.) 


Curtis: I see you’re more resilient than the average youth. Interesting. It would be an honor to have such fighters among us.
Kain: Nice try but it’s a fat chance. I only want 1 thing. ( Vanessa and Ellis nod.) Can we get some of that fire now or do we have to keep dancing?
Curtis: ( laughs.) Tell me something, young sword wielder. What is your heritage?
Ellis: DON’T tell him Kain!
Kain: ...You know what? Who cares anymore.( stares at Curtis directly.) My father, the 1 I’m looking for, is Hefries Stygil. I want to see him again. ( Silence. Everyone is shocked except for Ellis who is terrified. Riley moves towards Kain.)
Riley: Wait, are you him? The 1 to wield the lance? ( everyone looks at Kain. Kain sighs and sheaths his sword. He trembles for a moment.)
Kain: I dunno what this “lance” is that you speak of. I just want to see my father again. This whole Goddess killing business is out of my range of care. She can live or not. I just want to hug my father again, and see his smile and his reassuring eyes… ( Looks sadly at the ground. Then looks up.) But I won’t waste my time here. I’m getting into that palace since it’s the only thing I care about doing now. I’ve been lonely ever since he left…

He HAS to still be there. I’m leaving to find what I need elsewhere. Believe it or not, just because someone can fight doesn’t mean they always want to. Even if they do it a lot. ( walks out the front entrance of the temple. Everyone looks after him.)
Ellis: I’m just gonna uh…( Runs out the door too. Vanessa looks at Curtis and smiles awkwardly before dashing out. Riley and Curtis watch them go.)
Riley: Does he know about his Dad?
Curtis: Clearly not my boy. But he’ll soon learn. Whether they enter the palace or not, he’ll learn.
Riley: And if they get to the Palace he’ll take the lance and finish that traitor’s wish! We can’t let them find the Goddess!
Curtis: Do you even care? I’ve heard your little talks about rejoining the normies.
Riley: What? Come on I never said that! I mean MAYBE it was a small thought but that’s…( Shrinks under Curtis’ gaze.) It’s not true…
Curtis: Mhm. Well we shouldn’t take risks, that you are correct. We shall enter the palace ourselves and destroy the lance so that our little sword wielder can never use it. I know that Nirnaya wishes it so. Will you come with me?
Riley: Nirnaya wishes… But the magic. We aren’t permitted to obtain any to forge a key! We’d be committing a sin like they are.
Curtis: SHE says that sometimes you need wrong to make right. I know of a place where I have something hidden…( fade out of his face.) 


Scene 11:

( show a bench on the top of a hill where the kids are all sitting, except Vanessa who’s standing and look off into the distance. A sign nearby says ‘WELCOME TO MONGUL TOWN! 23 miles west of the Faviation Docks’. Show Kain looking at his sword as he messes with it, and Ellis looking down at his notepad sadly.) 

Kain: Tell me why you’re here. ( Looks up at Vanessa.) You said something about doing things differently?  ( Vanessa rubs her face before speaking, still not looking.)
Vanessa: I mean I guess so. You see, the reason I’m here isn’t a very good 1. Most people look at me and think I’m full of crud when I say it. That’s what my parents thought at least. ( Silence. Shot chances of the scenery?) Exploration. Seeing the world. Being some 1 that no 1 else is. A chance to feel like I’m not the usual crowd but the person standing all the way out there. The 1 who’s different. The 1 who can say ‘I did something that no 1 else has done before!’ I guess THAT is what I want. ( chuckles) Can I say that I don’t wanna live a normal life? That I’m sick of having what I want and having it my way? Well, that’s what I got. I’ve been, or well, USED to be, the  kinda the girl you’d think I would be. Just at my home, reading, writing, making music, learning, arguing with my parents, dealing with school, trying to find a job. It’s all the usual business isn’t it? Same thing every 1 at my school goes through. I mean, you’d be surprised at how many things they teach you in a nirist school in Zila. ( turns around.) But I’m tired of that! My own Dad taught me how to use a bow and survive in the wild. He used to be a hunter too before he got a new job. Back then we did it for fun. I never told him that I’d run away in hopes of finding my own life. They probably hate me for it. I’ll never go back. I have my own, dare I say it, UNIQUE life out here. In the wilds of nature. ( The boys look at her. Ellis looks at his notepad.)
Ellis: You know um, that’s similar to why I started studying to kill Nirnaya. I wanted something that I could put to my name that wasn’t on any 1 else’s name. My parents barely notice me, which is my preferred life anyhow. I can study more that way ehehe… But uh, I’m not sure if we can do this...I Mean with Kain we have a chance that no 1 else has so...I guess we need a new way to craft the key. I wouldn’t be surprised if that large guy is hunting us right now.
Vanessa: Curtis? He probably doesn’t care, he deals with crazy people all the time. It’s part of his job. ( Kain stands up.)
Kain: Then it seems like we gotta try this. If SHE won’t kill us now then I’m not stopping. Are you 2? ( looks at Vanessa and Ellis.) I saw a supply store on the way here. Ellis, do you remember which way it was?
Ellis: Hm. Ah, yes! I do believe I know what you speak of Kain! We can get the wood shaft from there! ( Kain looks to Vanessa.)
Kain: Are you sticking with us? We have nothing for you. ( Vanessa looks out at the scenery again.)
Vanessa: I’ve only just begun my travels. You 2 seem ridiculous enough to make things interesting. If we do kill the Goddess then hey, ( looks back.) That’s something different ain’t it?
Ellis: AND it’s reputation boosting for SURE! ( stands up happily.) I say we keep her. She’s a nasty shot! ( Kain rolls his eyes.)
Kain: Then we should get going. It may take some time to find what we need. 


Scene 12:

( show the front of a supply store. Show the inside of 1 of the aisles. Kain and Vanessas both look tired and annoyed. Ellis is searching for the right kind of wood to use for the shaft.)
Kain: Are we DONE?
Ellis: For the fifth time no! The wood needs to be just right! Something strong enough to withstand the power of the Heavenly Amarate magic! And if it looked nice that’d be good too. Can never be too picky!
Vanessa: I disagree strongly.
Ellis: Well you all simply have no taste in good design!
Vanessa: You sound like a mom! ( Ellis waves her off. He thinks he finds the right kind of wood, but stops and puts it back. The other 2 sigh in exasperation.)
Kain: You know what? Imma get some fresh air.
Vanessa: Me too.
Ellis: Really? You 2 have done nothing this whole time and now you wanna ditch me!
Vanessa: Seems like you have a good enough handle on the situation. We’ll meet you at the front of the store. ( they leave Ellis who continues searching after shaking his head.) 


( Show Kain and Vanessa exiting the store. They lean against the side of the building.)
Vanessa: So uh...Daddy issues huh?
Kain: Eh, more like trying to see if he’s still around or not. All I know from that Ellis kid is that he works for Nirnaya and may still be here...with them. It’s something in a LONG time that’s actually interested me. So I wanna... see if he’s still here. ( looks a little sad. Vanessa watches him. Vanessa seems troubled.) 

Vanessa: And you don’t think he may be dead? Or that Nirnaya knows about what you’re doing and is waiting for your arrival? ( Kain jerks.)
Kain: HE BETTER not be dead. And as for the Goddess...whatever. I’ll do what I have to to find my father. That’s it. ( Vanessa leans back, thinking. They hear a news preacher begin his speech at a nearby speech stand. Kain looks up, listening to his words. Show the preacher.)
Preacher: ...For our first recent news, we have sightings of an illegal tent located next to the Nzuri Lake! The finder of this didn’t report to have entered the tent, yet claims to have seen a variety of oddly colored bottles from within! He also… ( Kain taps Vanessa.)
Kain: Hey, you think that those could contain the magic we need? Why else would they be kept somewhere so odd?
Vanessa: Might just be some 1 trying out different food colorings.
Ellis: Yeah why would we do that? ( is next to them now. He has a bag with a wooden rod and some other tools for his own use.) The rest of the stuff’s for me. Why the lake?
Kain: Might be the thing we’re looking for there.
Ellis: Sounds too easy. Are you sure? 

Kain: Ugh… Well it may be nothing,  but you never know. Good things happen in the most random of times and places! Can we try it?
Vanessa: He didn’t say it was magic. Although trapped magic in something like a bottle COULD be colorful. Just not sure if it’ll be the 1 we need. Plus where would we find Heavenly Amarate anywhere else? Somewhere that’s not guarded.
Ellis: Hm, while it is an odd destination, I see no reason why we can’t simply try it. Vanessa, do you know of the lake’s whereabouts? ( She nods.)
Vanessa: Went there last week. If you’re done shopping then let’s move!  ( seems excited.) 



Scene 13:

( show the palace and the Goddess’ room. She is using a magic screen to watch the kids heading for the lake.)
Nirnaya: They’re quite confident little children aren’t they? Hefries would be proud of his son. No wonder he made it for him to use. ( Looks at the lance, still only half  made, sitting on a piece of her furniture.) I would’ve destroyed this long ago, only if my curiosity hadn’t been peaked by my dumb little servant’s words. They always forget that I hear everything. ( She touches the lance. It hurts her.) Something that can banish me. How interesting. To be honest Father would say that I’m crazy for letting a kid challenge me with such a tool. Hehe. He doesn’t control me, NO 1 does! ( Looks back the screen. Show the kids entering the lake.) Let them revel in their fake beliefs. Once they arrive I shall show my followers the  true strength that I contain! No longer will I be a ‘weak Goddess’ in their eyes! Nothing can stop me, they’ll know. I’ll make them all know. ( fade out.) 


Scene 14: 


( show the Nzuri Lake. the tent at the opposite end of it. Ellis points to it and they make their way over there. Show them approaching the tent carefully. Ellis checks inside as Kain and Vanessa stand guard. Ellis screams as Curtis walks out of the tent holding Ellis by the throat. Kain and Vanessa jump, taking out their weapons.)
Curtis: You know, I never would’ve thought that I’d find you all in my little tent. Who told you? The town preacher? I knew they’d figure it out. I was in the process of packing up until this little 1 barged in on me! 

Ellis: I’m sorry for invading your privacy! ( says barely.)
Kain: PUT HIM DOWN! We need him! We wouldn’t have gotten this far without him he’s important to us!  ( Ellis looks at him. Kain glances at him.) Now.
Curtis: Cute, but I can’t allow you access to the Goddess’ palace. ( Throws Ellis and takes out his own weapon.) I shall end this here. Where the public will know. ( They fight. The tent and some of the bottles are destroyed, but Ellis manages to grab 1 of them, containing the magic. The fight is cut short by police arriving around them.)
Police: Everyone stop! Hands in the air now! ( Everyone freezes and looks at the police who use swords to surround them. Ellis sees a small passage that leads to the Hilly Region of Mongul. He bumps Kain when the police aren’t looking, pointing towards the hill. Kain gets Vanessa’s eye, using his eyes to silently gesture to the passage. While the police are focused on Curtis, the 3 kids sneak down the passage and away.)

Scene 15:

( Show the Hilly Region at night. The kids are on 1 of the hills, standing and looking at the lake, where Curtis is being taken away by the police, others are searching around for the kids.)
Kain: Who would’ve known that HE would be the 1 keeping magic bottles for himself.
Ellis: Indeed. I guess it really is true that the most unexpected things will happen at the most random times. 

Kain: Is that some sorta ‘Quote of Wisdom’?
Ellis: I have many. Do you wanna hear some more? Don’t touch the cow’s udders unless they’ve given you permission. Don’t-
Kain: I really don’t need to hear anymore. ( Winces.)
Vanessa: We should all find a place to get some more medicine. ( Sits down, wincing in pain as well.)  And now that we have the magic, and the wood, we just need metal for the key right? ( Ellis nods, sitting down too.) 
Ellis: Precisely. We can head back to the town tomorrow and see if they have a blacksmith’s shop that also deals with magic. Do you know of any around here Vanessa? ( Vanessa thinks.)
Vanessa: I may know of 1. It’s been a while since I’ve snooped around this town in particular. But what about the police? They might have sentries put up around town if they can’t find us tonight. You know how quickly they act.
Kain: Only if they care enough. Either way it shouldn’t be hard to sneak through the streets. People barely notice kids anyhow.  ( Looks out over the hills and at the sky. The palace barely shows off in the distance among the clouds briefly.) Ellis, what’s that? ( Ellis looks too.)
Ellis: If we’re seeing the same thing, then I believe that is the Palace of the Goddess. It’s in the lands of Amarate.
Kain: Where?
Vanessa: Amarate, a place of annoying mazes and lots of clouds. I hate going there.
Kain: What’s over there? What’s its deal? I remember hearing about it before but never bothered to remember...
Vanessa:  It’s the fourth of the 4 main land masses on our planet, Julivista. It’s a place that any 1 can get to really, but usually it’s abandoned, since there’s nothing there for most people. Except the trusted servants of Nirnaya of course. They see something different, the 1s who believe truly in her. They see the first level of the palace. That’s where the gates are that we need the key to. In there, there is a way to get up to the second floor. The Castle in the Sky as some normies call it.
Ellis: Yes Vanessa. The Heavenly Staircase. It really exists, as far as my research goes. We’ll have to traverse those steps to reach Nirnaya. And probably your father, Kain.
Kain: And who’s to say that my father isn’t somewhere on the bottom level? He was never 1 to do something too spectacularly. 

Ellis: Remember I said how much Nirnaya likes him? He was allowed the highest assignments up above.
Kain: If he’s even still up there.
Vanessa: We’re talking about Hefries right? ( Kain nods.  She tucks her legs closer to her.) Oh, right. Well actually, uh, or you know what...N-never mind. ( Kain whirls on her.)
Kain: What? Do you know something about him? If you’re a nirist, you must know. Even if you’re a more, free-spirited 1. ( Vanessa looks scared.)
Vanessa: I mean… I have an idea, I heard about it long ago from a classmate in school once… I’m not sure if it’s true b-but...
Kain: What? Tell me! ( Vanessa looks at the grass, fearful still. Ellis looks at her, worried.)
Ellis: You would know about the Goddess’ servants more than I would, wouldn’t you? Run-away explorer or not. You’ve been taught in the ways of nirism. ( Vanessa shudders and stands.)
Vanessa: Look. I don’t know if it’s true or not. I’d rather NOT put a damper on our little adventure. What’s the point in doing something new if it’s going to be ruined? No thanks. We’ll see anyway once we reach the palace. ( she turns away.) Just...Goodnight. Can we sleep out here? I’m sleeping out here. I’m used to it. ( Goes farther down the side of the hill. Kain and Ellis watch her.)
Ellis: Well that certainly puts an interesting spin on things. What do you think she knows, perhaps?
( Kain sighs and lays down.) Kain: Must be something about Dad. ( Closes his eyes.) Whatever it is, she’ll tell us if she wants. Otherwise I could care less.
Ellis: I-I see… I would tell you if I knew. What happened to your father after he started work on the lance, I don’t know. Only SHE knows. I suppose any unofficial info would’ve  leaked out somehow, and that MIGHT be how Vanessa knows. It’s nothing that’s been recorded. I’m sorry.
Kain: It’s fine. Like I said you’re helping out enough as it is. ( Ellis looks at Kain.) Stop looking at me. ( Ellis jolts.)
Ellis: S-sorry! Uh, can I lay here?
Kain: Usually I sleep alone. ( Silence.) Go ahead. ( Ellis smiles and lays down a few feet away from Kain.)
Ellis: It’s nice to have a person like you with me on this trip.
Kain: Don’t make this weird Ellis.
Ellis: But I can tell you’re warming up to me!
Vanessa: Can you 2 quiet down?  

Ellis: Sorry Vanessa! ( rolls over.) Goodnight then Kain. We’ll find your father tomorrow. ( Kain looks at the stars.)
Kain: We better. 


Scene 16:

( Show the front of the bottom level of the palace. the gates looming over the mysterious, grassy landscape. Riley steps up to the gates, looking unsure and unhappy. Behind him steps Curtis. He places a hand on Riley’s shoulder.)
Curtis: Here we shall wait. No 1 else but us.
Riley: Is it really wise to just sit here?
Curtis: It matters not what is wise and what isn’t. I had a vision last night, from the Goddess herself. She told me to stand here and wait for the kids. We shall end them, taking their key and entering the palace once again! There we will do what we agreed to. Shatter the lance forever! So no 1 can shadow the light of Nirnaya!
Riley: We could’ve just made our own key and did this whole ordeal without fighting again. Or just let them die at Nirnaya’s hand. Or…
Curtis: Little Riley you are so naive. We must not disobey the Goddess. We were made to follow her every law! Without it we nirists are nothing! We are the sheep in her farm. We carry out her orders and we prosper because of so! Is that not why you joined? To find such freedom? ( Riley looks at the grass. He remembers how the 3 kids walked out of the palace so easily and how they fought so swiftly at the lake and then left, following their own path.)
Riley: I know. But I’ve been thinking lately.
Curtis: Thinking too much will hurt the brain. You know that. It’s what you’re being taught at school. Do the old teachings of the normies still linger within you? ( Riley puts his hand on the gate.)
Riley: I dunno. I mean, I thought I wanted to convert to nirism so I could not have to worry about the rest of the world. Relying on the Goddess to make my life so I didn’t have to. So I could just, LIVE. The idea seemed so simple and perfect back then. Back when everyone I knew was pressuring me… ( Curtis turns Riley around.)
Curtis: Remember where you are! You are at the Palace of Nirnaya! This is a place that not many are allowed to see. You can touch it, you can enter it for a second time! 2, that’s more than most. Would you waste this chance to become 1 of her true servants? Truly live to her will, and live that life you wanted?
Riley: A life I wanted...I...just don’t know. ( thunder goes off in the background.)
Curtis: Did you hear that? She has spoken again!
Riley: I...heard nothing.
Curtis: What? This cannot be true. You are a servant! You must believe! She needs faith.
Riley: I know…
Curtis: You WILL stand with me to defeat the enemy and destroy the lance. Yes? 

Riley: Do you really believe in Nirnaya?
Curtis: Why… Of course I do. What a question to ask!
Riley: Do you? Then why destroy the lance after she’s kept it for so long? Would she really want you to just take away something she’s had? She must have a plan for it. Why take that away from her? ( Curtis seems troubled.)
Curtis: That...Is not for me to decide. I was told to do this. She told me.
Riley: I’m sorry for back-talking sir…But I’m not sure I believe you. I mean, did you REALLY just hear a message from her? Or was that lightning just a natural coincidence?
Curtis: N-nothing is natural… It’s all Nirnaya.
Riley: That’s what I was trying to believe too…  ( Curtis takes out his weapon, holding it to Riley. Riley becomes afraid.)
Curtis: ENOUGH! I escaped the police only hours ago, I’m not in the mood for any more trouble. I… I KNOW what I think. We will wait. They are coming.
Riley: You ‘know’...Heh. Alright. ( says quietly.)


Scene 17:

( Show the kids on the boat on the waters to Amarate, with Ellis reciting knowledge he remembers from a book he read about Amarate.) 

Ellis: ...then I read that only the true servants of Nirnaya can actually see the palace. But get this: the amount of people occupying the Palace has been decreasing since 5 years ago! I propose that more and more people are breaking free of her dictator-like control. It’s also why more of OUR cities are filling up in terms of population. She’s been losing more of her power because of this. She wants desperately to stay alive, and not lose herself like her parents did. She wants to live, and she needs a way to gain the belief of her people back.
Vanessa: That much I know. Question is: What is she trying to do? It’s gotta be something to do with the Lance right? And Kain. Otherwise she wouldn’t let me come with him.
Ellis: I don’t think any of us would be where we are if Nirnaya didn’t want it.
Vanessa: Exactly, so she must want us to reach her for some reason. For Kain to reach her. ( Kain is looking off into the distance. He sighs and sits back in the boat.) 

Kain: This whole thing with the Goddess is ridiculous. I just want my father. I don’t care if I’m playing into her mind or not. I think that any 1 has a choice. It’s their decision of what to do in life. If they wanna be apart of some stupid Goddess’ plans, then whatever. I’d rather just go on my own.
Ellis: You really don’t mind if I slay her, therefore ending the civil war? (Kain shrugs.) Kain: Go ahead. I feel like I might even wanna lend a hand. I’ve always enjoyed a good fight.
Vanessa: I could kinda tell hehe.
Ellis: So could I. I believe that’s the only thing that he really cares about. The art of fighting. Well, maybe besides something else? Besides your father?( Kain and him look at each other.)
Kain: Don’t know what you mean. But I see battling as a sort of art form. Like uh, dancing you could say.
Vanessa: I don’t see how it’s dancing. Unless you’re dancing to die.
Kain: Heh, well that might be part of it. I prefer not to murder my opponents, unless I really hate them. But eh, they’ll be tortured by life some more anyways. Why end it sooner?
Ellis: That is a very pessimistic way of looking at it. But I can’t say you’re wrong. That’s in a way why I want to end Nirnaya. So everyone can live their lives how THEY want to. Not under her control. I just feel like that’d help...( silence)
Vanessa: Do you have any beliefs Kain?
Kain: Hm. Nothing really besides nihilism.
Ellis: That idea is probably why Riley switched to nirism. I could tell back then…
Kain: Think he’ll ever come back?
Ellis: I dunno. I really hope so. I’d make him if I could, but you can’t easily control people.
Vanessa: No...You can’t.  ( they sail off into the distance with clouds crowding around them.) 


Scene 18:

( show the lands of amarate. The first part of this scene will be more of a montage than anything. Not so much dialogue. Show the kids getting off of the boat at the docks, where everything is desolate yet beautiful. The kids look off into the distance, seeing the heavily clouded fields with nothing in them. Vanessa oints in a direction and they head off. They walk for miles and miles, not finding the palace. They come to a cave, and walk in. they come out a second later, covered in goo. Kain and Ellis look annoyedly at Vanessa, who shrugs. Ellis takes up the lead, walking onwards. They come to a giant tree. They look up it, confused. Kain turns and sees the Palace’s bottom floor in the near distance. He gestures to his friends, who follow him towards the palace. Show  Riley and Curtis at the gates. Curtis is standing strong, seemingly like he’s struggling internally. Riley is nearly falling asleep on the ground. He sees the kids coming and hops up, telling Curtis. The 3 kids approach.)
Kain: Hm, well hello again. Is there something going on here?
Ellis: They’ve been waiting for us.
Riley: How do you know that Ellis? ( the 2 kids look at each other.) You’ve always known so much.
Curtis: We have indeed been waiting. For the time to strike you all down and claim your key. ( Ellis pats the side of his pocket, where a newly made key is sitting.) Give it now, and we can spare your lives and you may join the nirists. She desires it so.
Vanessa: Well WE don’t desire that! We’re gonna stop this whole stupid reign and end her! If she really wanted us to stop then how come she hasn’t simply struck us down yet? ( Curtis and Riley can’t answer at first.)
Curtis: Because her ways are far more complex than any of us can imagine. We don’t question her word, her power. We just follow. It is the natural law of this world. Follow the path that is set before us.
Riley: R-right…
Kain: Do either of you honestly believe that? Sounds like a load of garbage to me. Why follow someone else’s ideas? What’s the point in even living and thinking if you’re just gonna throw it all away to some Goddess? I mean any other religion would work, but not 1 that puts the world at war and drains its people of their lives! ( Riley looks baffled while Curtis seems offended.)
Curtis: Y-you cannot just say such things about Nirnaya! It is HER will for us to fight like this. Someone has to play out our cards so that we can use them. We don’t make life. Life makes us. ( Kain takes out his sword.)
Kain: Well, if that’s what you really think. But if you and your crummy ideas aren’t about to move to the side so we can get into that palace, then we’re gonna have to make you move. ( Every 1 except Kain and Vanessa seem a bit off. They fight.)

( During the fight, have Ellis and Riley talk to each other while they battle. Can you guys figure out their battle? At the end of it Ellis will “win.” Ellis can’t fight so he spends most of this battle dodging Riley’s attacks and getting hit. He wins with his words. Can have the others in the background.) 
Riley: So it really is you old friend. I had a hard time believing it before. What’re you trying to accomplish this time? Were your past discoveries and money not enough?
Ellis: Riley. This is about every 1 now, not just me!  If we defeat Nirnaya then you and all else can finally join the normies in freedom! So we can stop this nonsense fighting and truly live our lives how we always could!
Riley: Heh. Freedom. That’s an interesting term ain’t it? We always like to think that we know what’s best for our ‘freedom’. I know that’s why I left the normal governments of the world. To join Nirnaya. She gave me the ability to relax, to not have to worry about suffering from choice and decision and failure. If she was in charge, I would be ok. That’s what I thought anyway.
Ellis: But you know that’s not true! You’ve only locked yourself away! Away from the family and friends you once had! I lost you Ellis! I lost a friend that used to make me happy. I’ll admit, for all these years of learning and growing stronger, I could never find a man to replace you. They say every 1 is special. Some 1 like me knows how much that statement sounds false. Well I’m also saying that I couldn’t replace you!
Riley: Really? There are many others out there who are part of your little...freedom. You can enjoy it with them. Enjoy the fake reality of it all…

Ellis: Come on. You don’t actually think that this is all there is do you? Just following 1 spirit! A dying spirit at that. How many nirists are left? How many? That actually believe in her!
Riley: There are plenty left!... P-plenty…
Ellis: No. There aren’t. The 1s left don’t believe in her. Not only has she left you all on this world without your ‘reason,’ but she’s barely shown her presence in this world at all! It’s been like that since 2014!
Riley: Shut up. Just because you’re a know-it-all, it doesn’t mean you need to enforce the facts on every 1 around you! It’s annoying!
Ellis: Riley, I want you to understand! There’s much more to life than just 1 set of rules. Even if it is scary, you can do so much more!
Riley: WHY? So I can feel overwhelmed and inevitably FAIL and have every 1 that I thought loved me LAUGH at my pain? Is THAT your ‘so much more’? No thanks… I just wanna feel comfortable. Know that what I’m doing will be ok and that no 1 will hurt me. Some 1 to trust going forward. I thought that was Nirnaya. She was supposed to be that…

Ellis: She’s a dying force of nature that only controls, never helps. I know that you don’t want that. You didn’t want it back then and you don’t now! I...I’m sorry for being a jerk about the things I know. I’ve never had a good friend because of my knowledge and tendency to overuse it. But please, come back. Let us stop this Goddess and free this world! Together. I won’t hurt you. I know that you know I can promise that. I can promise to help you through it all! 

Riley: Ellis...Heh. You’re always so ego no matter what you’re saying. But you know what? What the hell. I guess you’re right. I’ve always had a feeling… and now? What the hell to all of it! Life is what it is, and we can’t let some 1 else do it for us. ( By the end of it Riley will be the 1 to get the last attack on Curtis, stabbing him deep in the back when he’s already weak from Kain and Vanessa.)

( Everyone looks at Riley, who seems rejuvenated and upset.)
Curtis: R-Riley...You’re really heading down this path? After...all this time?
Riley: I suppose so. I mean...Ellis was always some 1 I remembered. If not for his incessant spewing of useless facts, it was his optimism for life. I honestly...I honestly never saw the appeal with this nirism business. I wanted to use it at first to get what I wanted. But then I realized that it’s not really that easy. She can’t make us be who we are. Only we can. Is that really true? Hell if I know. But think about it Curtis! Do you wanna keep blinding people in that damn temple? The LAST temple that ANY 1 EVER uses for prayers? ( all eyes on Curtis. He is hurt from the wound.)
Curtis: I...see. Perhaps it is foolish. Perhaps it was never Nirnaya telling me what to do… but myself. I wanted to be something as well young 1. To be a teacher and a leader. I was taught to believe in HER in order to do that.  Look where that’s gotten me. ( coughs and struggles, laughing slightly.) Nirnaya never gave me what I wanted. I thought I had it...Until I could realize I did not. 

Vanessa: You know, society is what it is. I dunno what it is, but it’s something. At least in a normal society you could be what you want or at least have a better shot at it. Under something like Nirnaya? You’re nothing. Not even an animal. Who wants that? ( Curtis smiles slightly.)
Curtis: We should all be struck down by the Goddess for what we’ve done. We’ve disobeyed her openly and with sin.
Kain: But she isn’t. ( Curtis nods, standing up.)
Curtis: If I live, I shall come to you normies.I have a friend in Industralia. I have no hopes of returning what I threw out.
Ellis: But if you try again, show them that you’re sorry, that you wanna work with them and that you are done with nirism! So they could accept you! They can could accept every 1. Normies aren’t so bad. ( Curtis looks around. His face shifts from disappointment to a small bit of happiness.)
Curtis: Yes… Some salvation for those who never had it. Young 1s, you’ve proven that you can defeat this… This life. Go on, and end it.  ( everyone looks at Kain. He puts his sword away.)
Kain: This is all really emotional and stuff, but I’m closer than I’ve ever been to my dad. That’s all I want. If we take out Nirnaya too…( Looks at Ellis.) Then that’s all the better. ( Ellis smiles.)
Curtis: Farewell young 1s. Good luck. And Kain. Be ready. ( walks off.)
Ellis: What does he mean? Riley what does he mean?  Riley tell us!
Riley: He...It means…( Is conflicted and sad.) Well, when get inside you’ll find out.
Vanessa: W-we should get moving then… We don’t wanna keep what’s in the palace waiting. It’ll hurt to wait. ( Kain looks at her. She fidgets. Kain moves towards the gates.)
Kain: Ellis. Key please. ( Ellis hands it to him. Kain looks around for where to insert the key. Ellis nudges him and points to the really obvious keyhole. Kain glances at Ellis in an annoyed way and puts in the key.)

( That gates open. Nirnaya’s voice speaks from within.)
Nirnaya: Hello heroes! Welcome to my home! Step in please. For our reconciliation.
Ellis: Well that’s ominous. ( They all walk in. Ellis urges Riley in, who at first wants to leave. He goes in with them.) 


Scene 19:

( show the inside of the bottom level palace. They walk around the old place, with pieces of projects and furniture everywhere. They find the Stairway to Heaven.)
Riley: She is up there.
Ellis: Along with your father Kain. ( They walk up, with Kain in front. They reach the Palace of Nirnaya, with the front gates opened. Show the halls, the outside, the rooms. Show how bleak and desolate and empty it is. How it’s been abandoned for years. The kids walk through the palace, seeing what happened. As they walk, at some point, Nirnaya’s voice echoes throughout the whole place)
Nirnaya: This is the place where I was born. My father Zeus, and my mother Hera. The 2 strongest beings of the Divine Bloodline. I was their last creation. Last 1 standing after the fourth world war. I was left to show the world how it should be. Carry on the beliefs of the original world. Prove to the humans why it was US, ME, the Divine 1s, who were to rule and guide them. Everything was manifested by the Divine 1s. Nothing exists from pure coincidence. Everything comes from some 1. Nothing comes from something.  ( Appears before them at the open area.) And here you 4 are. 3 of you accompanying the 1 who’s fated to slay me. To stop all that I’ve done and am meant to do! (Kain stares fiercely at her. The others watch in fear.)
Kain: So why did you fade away? Why did you basically forget your job? Leave all of your followers?

Nirnaya: Hm. It is something that even I regret to admit. They say that a Goddess can never be mistaken. 

Ellis: B-but that’s not true, is it?
Nirnaya: No Ellis Zuilo, it is not. I never had time to learn from my parents. They died when I was born. I didn’t have Divine Training. No knowledge on how to handle a world. I simply tried what I could. Directing and ordering, until I got bored. There are many things a Goddess can occupy her time with. I wished to do something else. Something that could satisfy my desires. Unlike humans, I have not a superior who can direct me. 3 of you don’t know what it’s like to want a controller.
Vanessa: Because we enjoy freedom! We don’t WANT our lives staked out for us! There’s a reason why those other gods died. Why they were replaced by other religions and freedoms.
Nirnaya: Heh. It’s adorable how you little 1s and ALL of the normies think you know everything. There is 1 other reason why you’re all here. Kain Stygil. ( Every 1 looks at him. He remains silent.) Dear Kain. You’re in search of your father. Do you know what happened to Hefries Stygil? Did your friends never tell you? ( Vanessa and Riley become afraid.)
Kain: Never knew. Though I have a feeling you’re about to say something that I won’t like.
Nirnaya: Ah. How naive the Free are. Without guidance you leave behind the most important parts of life. ( Snaps her fingers. Hefries’ dead body appears on the ground before the kids. Kain gasps and backs up along with Ellis. Vanessa and Riley just look sad.) Hefries is DEAD. I killed him 10 years ago! ( Kain kneels down, looking at his father’s dead body. He places a hand on his body and face. He closes his eyes and looks pained and angry.) He made a weapon called the ALL-Lance. Something he enchanted to only be wielded by 1 person. You. So, do you still believe in your own freedom? In the ability to crumble under the Earth’s power? The power that MY ancestors created? Or do you wish to join me in my return to this world? ( She spreads her arms, harnessing her power.) You will allow me to end you along with that pathetic weapon so that I may prove to my followers and to every 1 who’s ever denied me that I am truly a Goddess! To mark this as a turning point for nirism AND this world! No longer will I be absent. No longer will I stray away from my duty! I will always be here. So stand, Kain Stygil. Let your friends help you in your ultimate failure. Take the ALL-Lance and show me your strength so I may defeat you! ( She spawns the ALL-Lance right next to Kain. They all look at him again. Kain trembles in place. Tears fall down his face. He smiles as he stands up, facing Nirnaya. He looks at the ALL-Lance on the ground next to him.)
Ellis: Kain, take it! End this now. For you Father. For every 1 who must be free! ( Kain bends down, taking the lance with shaking hands. He faces Nirnaya, pointing the weapon towards her.)
Kain: You’re a pretty stupid Goddess. Heh. Guess it WOULD be like this for me huh? Welp. I don’t see any good reason to let you live. Every 1 deserves a chance to be free. But NOT your kind of freedom. Do Gods say goodbye?
Nirnaya: How cute Kain. Come then! Let me show you what a Goddess can DO! ( They fight.) ( During the fight Kain’s friends simply watch. They try to strike Nirnaya, but it doesn’t help. Nirnaya tries to summon help, but no 1 comes. Kain nearly dies, but then remembers the last time he saw his father, and the look of optimism on his face. Him saying that “it’ll be alright. This is life. You must deal with it as best you can. Fight only when necessary”. Also correlates this with Ellis’ will to never fight and his trying to find a way to help humanity, and Vanessa’s free lifestyle, trying to do her own thing. He thinks it’s time he finally does HIS own thing. This gives Kain a stronger will to fight. At the end of the fight, Nirnaya seems like she’ll get the final blow, until Kain says “ I was chosen to finish this by my father. The last thing he ever did. I won’t let that go to waste.” He then makes the final stab, killing Nirnaya.)

( show Kain being helped up Ellis and Vanessa, with Riley watching in the background. Nirnaya staggers back, the ALL-Lance sticking into her heart.)
Nirnaya: Hehe..hehehehe! So, this is how life continues on. Without Divine intervention, without a true focus. Just a dying world with aimless beings who know NOTHING of their true nature. Never could before, and never will now. I hope you’re proud of what you’ve done Kain. Watch this world slowly perish without my help. You’ll see. ( She falls over and dies, her body dissipating into the clouds.) ( they all look at her. Kain seems upset. He looks at the body of his dad as that too fades away. Ellis puts a hand on his shoulder.)
Ellis: I...I know that- ( The whole palace begins to crumble.) We need to leave! Every trace of this place will be gone in seconds!
Vanessa: But is that it for nirism?
Riley: It most likely WILL be. But we’ll be done for also if we don’t go! ( They all run, except Kain, who looks at where his father used to be.)
Vanessa: KAIN! What are you doing?
Ellis: Kain, please. I’m sorry, but we have to go. I know that he’d want you to keep going.
Riley:  Don’t make a decision that can ruin your life. ( Kain thinks for a moment, thinking of his father and mother 1 last time. He wipes his face and runs for the stairs.) ( They all follow him down the stairs and out through the entrance of the bottom palace. The place falls to pieces behind them.)
Kain: Where to?
Ellis: The boat! ( They all run onwards and scramble into the 3 kids’ boat. Kain makes for the oars and begins to row. Ellis looks at him happily. They make eye contact.) Thank you, Friend. ( Kain smiles faintly and nods. He rows them onwards.)

Scene 20:

( show the bar from the start of the movie. People are now reading newspapers talking about the collapse of the palace and the surrender of the nirist military. How the 2 groups of the world are converging as 1. Inside the bar, every 1 is looking at the 4 kids, who are all drinking water and juices.)
Riley: You know, every 1 is looking at us.
Ellis: Ah that’s because they think that we shouldn’t be here. Since technically we’re all under the age restriction.
Vanessa: But who cares? ( drinks her drink.) They got great juice. Also they know that we’re heroes.
Kain: Eh, who cares about THAT? ( Looks at an old picture of his father.) Nothing’s ever perfect.
Ellis: That may be so. However, some things can be made better with the right kind of people. I think I made a good decision this time. ( looks at Kain.) 

Kain: You don’t ‘know’ about your decision to drag me along?
Ellis: Well you seem to get mad when I act like I know things. I’ve decided to cut back a little.
Vanessa: Must be hard for a smart-guy like you huh?
Ellis: Oh it’s infuriating. But, I think for this man, and that man, ( points at Riley.) it’s worth it. ( Riley smiles)
Kain: I’m still going back to my apartment alone Ellis.
Ellis: Oh. Really? But lemme come back so I can help you! I can help with school! I can teach you about the ancient Gods! And what your father might have done while serving his time! And OH! Do you know how fascinating PI is? It’s great. Plus with this new thing called a calculator, we figure out what the RIGHT amount of force is for you to be able to break through solid cement with that new lance of yours. Also we can-
Kain: ALRIGHT. ( Gets up. Shoulders the ALL-Lance on his back.) Imma head back. I don’t prefer to have every 1 looking at me.
Riley: It’s sorta hard not to with that fancy thing you got. Hey uh, Ellis? I’m sorry. About everything that I’ve done.
Ellis: Riley… The thing that matters is that you came back! Are you gonna go to my school now?
Riley: I suppose so.
Ellis: Wonderful! That way you can cheat off of me during tests!
Riley: DUDE don’t say it out loud!
Ellis: I’ve always known.
Vanessa: You 2 have fun with that. ( stands up also.) Our faces are gonna be well known fairly soon I’d say. You know how info gets around. I think I’ll go look for some new woods to occupy. See if I can hone my skills more for when another crazy group of people try to take over the world. 

Ellis: Although technically they DID rule the world for centuries before Nirnaya was left!
Riley: And technically that was a horrible decision.
Ellis: BUT we’re all okay so that’s that!
Kain: Yeah...Okay….( Turns to leave.) I’ll see you all. Ellis, Vanessa. Thanks for helping me. I hope...that whatever it is that you try to do in life you’ll succeed. ( walks away melancholy like. The others turn to watch him go. Ellis catches him at the door.)
Ellis: Hey, uh…
Kain: What?
Ellis: No nothing...j-just uh, thanks. Thanks again for helping me. I’m sorry about your father. But I know that parents always want their kids to keep on living! Well, most of them anyway. So uh…
Kain: Hm?
Ellis: Ah well...I-if you ever want company, t-then I’m not that far away! I wrote my mailing address on the side of your fridge during the night.
Kain: Wait you did?
Ellis: Yup. I scratched it in so you couldn’t get rid of it hehe…
Kain: WAIT what?!
Ellis: ANYHOW...Thanks man. Have a good 1. Ok?
( Kain sighs and chuckles.)) Kain: Ellis...Thank you 2 man. It’s been interesting to say the least. I might consider that address. If I don’t replace my fridge first. ( They laugh together. Kain looks back to where Vanessa and Riley are drinking, waving hi to them. Kain laughs again and shakes his head. He seems genuinely happier now. He leaves the bar, waving bye to his friends.)
Riley: Now that’s a fighter right there.
Vanessa: Definitely. You gotta be somewhat of a fighter to live life. ( Ellis walks towards them. Kain walks towards his house. He looks at the picture of his father again as he goes.)
Kain: I never got to say goodbye. I wonder if what I did was enough? I’ll never know you like how I wanted to, dear Dad. But I hope that I made you proud, or whatever. I guess Ellis is right, you would want me to keep going. Mom most likely won’t care, although she always did tend to agree with you. Heh, this is all so stupid. But I made some neat friends on the way. Guess life is like that huh? Yeah, I’ll move on. I’ll never forget you, and I hope that you won’t forget me. But if I can see THEM again, then maybe I’ll stay to see what tomorrow has. I love you Dad. Goodbye.






© 2020 Connor Shane


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

14 Views
Added on March 20, 2020
Last Updated on March 20, 2020
Tags: World, Friends, Self Journey, Decisions, Family

Author

Connor Shane
Connor Shane

San Diego, CA



About
Connor Shane is a big writer and reader, but can’t help gaming every now and then. Besides school, his main hobby is writing, such as longer short stories, poems, and flash fiction. Other than w.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Connor Shane


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Connor Shane


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Connor Shane