Fallen: Prelude

Fallen: Prelude

A Chapter by Joel Adenyn
"

Inspired by a table top game, real life, personal stuff, and people I know, this is the prelude to my story.

"

Fallen

 

Prelude

 

The darkness around me left as a small light that was as bright as a match lit the immediate area above me. There were rows and rows of books on my sides that reached up towards the ceiling, but disappeared in the darkness before it reached the top. I knelt on the floor with a bloody body in my arms and I felt his heart beat slowly as I looked in his eyes through the blood that trickled down my own face and I could see the light of his soul; it was faded.

 

I placed my left hand on his chest as I held him with my right arm and began to call out to the powers of Life. I could feel the warm glow of a white light fill my mind and I let it flow down my arm to his chest and let the white light flow into the wound to heal him. After a moment I lifted my hand as the light faded and parted his shirt; the gash in his chest was still there.

 

“D****t!” I shouted. I hated for myself for not being strong enough. He looked up at me with a small smirk on his face.

 

“It’s okay.” He said with a little blood that dripped from his lips. I just stared at him with nothing to say and as hard as I tried nothing came out of my mouth.

 

“You know what you have to do.” He said to me. I shook my head.

 

“It’s… okay.” He said.

 

I nodded, laid him down on the ground and stood up while I kept my gaze on him. I then looked at my right hand as it began to glow pure white unlike anything in comparison. I lowered it and held it parallel to his body with my palm downward. He slowly lifted off the ground and hovered a few inches above the floor. I saw, with regret in my heart, as the light of his soul slowly left through his eyes and floated up to my hand like a whiff of smoke.

 

When all the light left his eyes his body fell to the floor and the small glow of white in my palm had grown to a brilliant shine as I held his soul in my hand. I don’t know how long I looked at it, but it seemed like an eternity. I took a deep breath and lightly exhaled at the white light until it disappeared and everything became dark again.



© 2012 Joel Adenyn


Author's Note

Joel Adenyn
Hope it makes you want to read more.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It -does- make me want to read more. Mystery.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
1 Review
Added on July 4, 2012
Last Updated on July 8, 2012
Tags: Mystery, fantasy, magic, suspense, action, characters, romance, story


Author

Joel Adenyn
Joel Adenyn

San Francisco, CA



About
I like stories. So if there is a good story out there, book, movie, video games, TV show, doesn't matter what medium it comes in. It's all about the story, the world the characters are placed in, how .. more..

Writing
Fallen Fallen

A Book by Joel Adenyn