Grizzlies in the Tub

Grizzlies in the Tub

A Story by CoraRose
"

Children's short story

"

   “Fluffy, what are you doing? This bathroom is a mess.  Mother is going to be really mad,” said Snuggles.

     “Mother did tell us to take a bath,” replied Fluffy laughing while the bubbles flowed over the tub.

     “I’m going out the window and into the front door.  I will take my bath next after you clean up this mess!” Snuggles said right before he knocked over both of the flower pots in the windowsill.

     “Oh, you are going to be in more trouble than me now!”  Fluffy said giggling. Snuggles knew his mother would be mad.  He tried to clean up the dirt that fell out of the flower pots but it mixed with the water that was all over the floor.  Now the floor was covered in mud.  Snuggles was covered in mud and when Snuggles climbed into the tub the bath turned into mud.

     “We have brown bubbles.  We are not polar bears, we are grizzly bears.” Fluffy said excitedly.  Snuggles was not excited and Snuggles was not happy.  He was taking a bath in mud.  There was mud all over the floor and he didn’t know what to do. 

   “Are my little cubs getting clean in there?” mother called from the kitchen but the little cubs did not answer mother bear.  They did not want to tell mother bear that they were not clean.  The cubs did not want their mother to see the mess they had made.

  Mother bear came in the bathroom to check on the twin bears but she did not see clean white bears.  Mother saw two bears that were much dirtier than they were before.  “What happened to my polar bears and what happened to my flowers?” ask mother bear with a frown and her hands on her hips.

        “I knocked over the flowers mother and I tried to clean it up but everything turned into mud including me.” cried Snuggles bear. Snuggles was sad he did not want his mother to be mad at him but Fluffy loved playing in the muddy tub.  He didn’t care how dirty the bathroom was.  Fluffy was having fun he had never seen brown bubbles before.

     Mother bear could not be mad at her little Snuggles bear or her little Fluffy bear.  “Grizzly bears can’t live up here in the north pole.  I need to find my little polar bears,” mother said.  Mother bear made the cubs a clean bath.  Both of the cubs finished taking a bath while mother bear cleaned up the bathroom.  Mother bear dried both of her little cubs with a towel and laid them on their beds and kissed them good night. 

     “Good night mother bear,” said Fluffy.

     “Good night mother bear,” said Snuggles.  Mother bear walked to the door and turned off the light.

    “Good night my little bears,” said mother as she closed their door.

By Cyndi Thomas

© 2014 CoraRose


Author's Note

CoraRose
Fun for children to read and imagine bath time fun.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think your story had lots of imagination put into it, I loved it and thought it was very cute. Good job!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
1 Review
Added on December 15, 2014
Last Updated on December 15, 2014
Tags: Children, fiction, short story, bears, funny, love, family

Author

CoraRose
CoraRose

TN



About
Author of "Promise Ring", "Little Mountain Princess", and poem "End of the Rainbow". Mother of four wonderful children where we all live on a scenic 20 acre farm. more..

Writing
Waking Baby Waking Baby

A Poem by CoraRose


Haunted House Haunted House

A Story by CoraRose


Arranged Arranged

A Poem by CoraRose