Darkmoore Manor

Darkmoore Manor

A Story by Silent Scribe
"

Cursed and forgotten. Welcome to the Darkmoore house.

"
Darkmoore Manor
A young man in a dark house, at the end of a decrepit road, three miles from another living soul. The Darkmoore house has been abandoned for years after the owners mysteriously disappeared, no bodies were ever found. Though this two story house has been unkempt for years it doesn't appear so on the outside. The large wrapping front porch creaks with ever step, with a solid wood door at its entrance this house is very old.

The inside of the house was not as the outside conveyed. Broken glass and shards of mirror lie scattered across the floor, yet on the outside all the windows were intact. Cobwebs dangle from every corner and crevice in the house, rats scurry back and fourth across the floor. The door to the kitchen has been ripped from its hinges. The tile floor is cracked and scattered across the entirety of the room as if a tornado blew through. A cool breeze howls through the smashed window. A crystal chandelier sways against the breeze, as its chain squeaks insistently. Unannounced to the man, two eyes follow and watch his every move, yellow eyes watching the man now trapped in the Darkmoore house.

Progressing through each room on the first floor each seemingly in more disrepair then the last. Returning the first room, a staircase that seems to have not been there in the first place now stands leading to a second floor. Made of polished mahogany, void of dust or cobwebs it is most certainly out of place and could not have been mover there over the span of time it took to go around the house.

Proceeding up the stairs to the second floor. The whole house seems to change, no longer in disrepair. Vivid plush red carpets line the hallways, paintings with golden frames still hang on the walls, even the lights still work. The second floor seems brand new?... Looking back down the stairs the first floor still looks in the same decrepit condition it was a few moments ago.

A phonograph in one of the rooms begins to play, not music but static with a hollowed voice murmuring "Don't leave me , follow me " in almost a continuous chant. As the man continues down the hall trying every door along the way, they all appear locked. Changing directions to see if any of the other doors will open. The ghostly voice takes the form of a woman in a wedding dress behind the man screeching, howling.

"DON'T LEAVE ME!"
He breaks into a run but the figure is still right behind him
"DIE YOU TREACHEROUS B*****D!"
The man was never seen again. Another victim consumed by Darkmoore Manor.


-=FIN=-

© 2015 Silent Scribe


Author's Note

Silent Scribe
Normally i don't write horrors because i scare easily and thus don't like horror but i decided to use some sensory words to get a real sense of horror...
it filtered the word why must you filter

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on April 8, 2015
Last Updated on April 9, 2015
Tags: Horror

Author

Silent Scribe
Silent Scribe

Salem, OR



About
Play games then writes story lines for the game yep that's me can make up a story for everything. Told by most of my friends that i have a way with writing. more..

Writing