Amazonian Warrior Cry

Amazonian Warrior Cry

A Story by DCT ponderings
"

This is an entry written from my blog- A rant......to vent. The picture is my drawing.

"

Recently some men in my life (who shall remain anonymous) informed me in casual swagger that they believed tall women should diminish their height and short women should accentuate theirs. Say What?!!

Did I hear them right? This is the polite version of what actually ran through my head.

Now a little bit of background:

I am 6’ 1”, was 5’ 11” in 8th grade. I love being tall. I would be taller if I could be.

I can’t wear high heels anymore, per doctors’ orders (back surgery). I love high heels (for very short spurts) because let’s be honest Ladies they are painful contraptions. And I do not subscribe to the beauty is pain theory. Beauty is all about being comfortable in your skin and let your true self shine through. Or so I preach.

I was frustrated growing up by the fact that to me it seemed that tall men loved little ladies. So I decided if I ruled the world, which thankfully for all of you I don’t, there would be a height range regulation set for dating. Simply put, there could be no more than a 6” height difference between men and women. So guys if your 6’ 3” you cannot date a woman shorter than 5’ 9”. I always thought this was more than fair. Now my friends and roommates at 5’ 4” (especially K who managed the football team) would protest. But that means they get men as tall as 5’ 10” without breaking any laws. Yes I know you can’t control who you’re attracted to so this is not logical by any means but it was my silent decree in my imaginary world.

So with all that said. I was pissed. Did these Men that I respect just single handedly diminish all women? At least those of us that are above or below average height. And since the average woman is 5’ 4” I was offended for us all.

As if our beauty had to be changed in order for them to be men, for us to be feminine. The Goldilocks’ syndrome- Did we fall into their concept of just right? I wanted to march in the next day wearing 6” platforms but this was of course childish and forbidden. So I am doing the next best thing. Posting a rant on my blog and a picture I drew of my best kick a*s high heel.

So Take that!

© 2013 DCT ponderings


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Having myself, always been one of the shortest person, in my classes, I would loved to been taller, just an inch or so. But you will never caught me, wearing high heels, given my a long history of ankle and knee problems. Would love to see these men have to spend a week, wearing those very shoes that they want to see women in. Maybe, then they will appreciate the things that we do, to look fashionable.

Posted 10 Years Ago


DCT ponderings

10 Years Ago

Heels are not with the extra inches no matter what your height. But I believe woman should be able t.. read more
hehe...good rant..I guess the attraction to taller men presuming in some ways ..a (larger male organ)benefit goes with the height...would be the ideal way to regulate it ...but really who wants regulation by those standards?

Posted 10 Years Ago


Love the title of this! I have no problem with tall women. I am 6'1 myself but if she towers over me I am good with that. And high heels work, too. It's just a society thing that men should be taller, and older, then women I think. It really doesn't matter, in the long run.

Posted 10 Years Ago


DCT ponderings

10 Years Ago

How it should be if you ask me. I was so frustrated I need to rant somewhere so WC and the web took .. read more
I love the power and depth of your honest war cry, and can reply with no better comment than that of Johnny Depp in Don Juan DeMarco: "One must see beyond what is visible to the eye...When I say that all my woman are dazzling beauties, they object. The nose of this one is too large; the hips of another, they are too wide; perhaps the breasts of a third, they are too small. But I see these women for how they truly are... glorious, radiant, spectacular, and perfect... because I am not limited by my eyesight... I search out the beauty that lies within until it overwhelms everything else."

Posted 10 Years Ago


DCT ponderings

10 Years Ago

Craig this is perfect. Next time I will reply to these men, "oh, I see you're limited by your eyesi.. read more
An owl on the moon

10 Years Ago

Yes yes! You simply must say that! And you know what they say about men with small minds.. Well... .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 20, 2013
Last Updated on June 20, 2013

Author

DCT ponderings
DCT ponderings

WA



About
HI all! I have been absent of late. Life has run a muck and gotten away from me. Most of what I've been writing as of late can be found over on my blog www.dctdesigns.com. So feel free to find your wa.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Choke me Choke me

A Poem by Muse