Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis

A Story by DCT ponderings
"

Inspired by my Friend Emily's blog and her fight with cancer.

"

My friend Emily struggling with cancer wrote:

When I was sick, my life had contracted to the smallest possible size, the most microscopic of meanings: simply surviving.  I lost touch with so much of my own sense of capability and energy and strength. I was just trying to keep on living, however dysfunctionally."

I believe that most of us if truly honest with ourselves know what it is to simply survive. Many of us have been cursed and in turn blessed as life thrusts us into a process undeniably bound to grow. She asked how she could be so angry with cancer and so grateful to engage in this kind of self discovery.

This is the very process of metamorphosis thrust upon us in lives greatest challenges…Divorce…bankruptcy…Illness etc. They are the transformation.

The Kabbalah states that not only can man transform, but he must in order to fulfill the purpose of creation. The butterfly must fight its way out of the cocoon. Break its way into the light, come to find its own strength or it will never be able to fly.

Man’s nature is a desire to receive pleasure and in its yang avoid pain. But it is our ability to endure the pain, break from the shackles of our fears and push towards the light that thrusts us forward, emerging changed, transformed into something new. Our transformation is not visible on the outside it is internal….eternal.

At the end of this process you wouldn't be able to return to the caterpillar form even if you tried. It serves as a base of who we have become, a faint shadow of our past self, and the essence of our being. But after the struggle and its transformative effect you become something new unrecognizable to the fore. This quest, this seeking whether thrust upon us or chosen bears its fruit.

© 2013 DCT ponderings


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree entirely... The most painful experiences we endure and survive shape us and change us so incredibly we may no longer recognize our former selves... We learn what we really value, what we really care for, and how far we will go for those things that matter most, or how little we now are affected by the little things... Perspective... In a way, I am sad for people who go thier entire lives without a tragic transformation. Sadly though, Some people cannot survive these things. Fighting cancer can leave you a fighter and yet at the same time, the scars born thereafter that must be carried forever, as cancer is a lifelong battle, can leave some broken... My best wishes to your friend Emily and her battle.

Posted 10 Years Ago


DCT ponderings

10 Years Ago

She has had an amazing journey. Ovarian cancer gone she is now raising an adopted son. Life has a wa.. read more
Horizon K.

10 Years Ago

Cancer treatment leaves so much physical damage... Surgeries too... And not only on the skin, intern.. read more
DCT ponderings

10 Years Ago

Yes, yes it does.
oh, amen to this . . . whatever god you may or may not pray to, it reads just like a prayer

Posted 10 Years Ago


DCT ponderings

10 Years Ago

This piece is a good reminder for me many days. Life has a way of pushing us around from time to tim.. read more
Emily B

10 Years Ago

we are used to the idea of the little seed in the styrofoam cup, we think it must be easy for the se.. read more
DCT ponderings

10 Years Ago

Well put. :)
You are right on with this piece. Too many of us go through this life "simply surviving", and then there are those who are struggling to survive, which makes our own selfish thoughts of depression and despair seem shameful. We must reach out into this world with open arms and draw in everything that is beautiful and fulfilling. We must fill our cups with the nectar of nature and drink deeply from the springs of wisdom and knowledge. Expertly penned...I needed this write this morning. Thank you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


DCT ponderings

10 Years Ago

And I needed this review. Thank you. Today I will strive to open my arms wide, drink from the nectar.. read more
You are so right when you say that metamorphises is the transformation in life and sometimes we have to force it to happen like you quoted from the Kaballah . So many challenges we face in our lives and every one is given different capacities to fight it . A lot of truth in your words and this write...Excellent...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


DCT ponderings

10 Years Ago

Thanks Sami. I think the worst thing we can do is run from change. It is inevitable and all serves a.. read more
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

Wow. I totally agree. You are welcome...:)
you touch upon many profound feelings involved in my own struggles in life, and you certainly illustrate some very definite truths herein....excellently thought out and very well penned.

Posted 10 Years Ago


DCT ponderings

10 Years Ago

Thanks Q. This is definitely wisdom earned with age and life's lessons. That deep within each of lie.. read more
quinfinn

10 Years Ago

always welcome on my pages, dear one.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

366 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 28, 2013
Last Updated on June 28, 2013

Author

DCT ponderings
DCT ponderings

WA



About
HI all! I have been absent of late. Life has run a muck and gotten away from me. Most of what I've been writing as of late can be found over on my blog www.dctdesigns.com. So feel free to find your wa.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..