׳אֶרֶץ חשֶׁךְ וצ Tzalmavet

׳אֶרֶץ חשֶׁךְ וצ Tzalmavet

A Story by DCT ponderings
"

Flash Fiction story written for Friday Fictioneers (100 word limit)

"

Shadow boxes she called them carefully placing tchotchkes into each slot she’d lovingly carved out. Soon they’d be enshrined behind glass. Hours my Bubbeleh toiled in the attic. Her head bent over lost in remembrance. Hours turned to years, the curtain of silence broken; I listened and watched her build stories.

Her method I never understood. The key she told me was tattooed on her arm.

Just before passing, she tenderly placed carrots for Helga who had snuck them under barbed wire at night to feed them. Now I’ve become the Shadow keeper ensuring her spirit’s safe passage home.

© 2013 DCT ponderings


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Now I’ve become the Shadow keeper ensuring her spirit’s safe passage home."

An interesting read and write. I like also the curtain of silence broken...Bravo.................

Posted 10 Years Ago


DCT ponderings

10 Years Ago

Thank you Sami- I've been writing flash fiction )100 word max) a lot lately. This one calls out to m.. read more
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

Wow. Good to know...You are welcome...:).................
This was beautiful, my friend! I love the idea of a child watching someone special create in their own special way...shadow boxes are just a different kind of poetry, as is painting, drawing, sculpting, etc. I am such a lover of all kinds of art, from all corners of the world, and this makes me want to go to another land and experience more of other cultures. Well written.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

370 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 9, 2013
Last Updated on September 9, 2013

Author

DCT ponderings
DCT ponderings

WA



About
HI all! I have been absent of late. Life has run a muck and gotten away from me. Most of what I've been writing as of late can be found over on my blog www.dctdesigns.com. So feel free to find your wa.. more..

Writing