In the light......

In the light......

A Poem by DRIVEN
"

Do you believe in soulmates?

"

In the light, I look for the answers

and I  yearn to know of the ways.

The sun shows me only shadows

 and I follow wandering

the path of love lost.


Oh maker of the sun,

king of the heavens,

I follow blindly this path,

testing the waters I pass,

only to find they leave me thirsty,

unslacked, not unscathed.


Is there a journey I'll take,

one that will lead me to the light of love,

the one that they say is waiting?

Seeking the soul that is journeying,

searching for mine.


Or is it truly just words?

And the lessons I'll learn,

the journey alone,

the reason for living,

the love that you bring,

illuminated,

enough.

© 2008 DRIVEN


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Is life about the many destinations or the many journeys along the way to those destinations? For in the end, at least in a physical sense, we all know the final destination that awaits us all. So for love, is it about the journey of finding love, experiencing that love, both the finding and losing of it? Can we know love without having lost it? To find love, to lose love, that we might still seek out love - being the better for having done so?

Is the soul stagnant? Is it everything that it ever was and will ever be? As we grow is more of our soul revealed to us? Do we find that parts we thought were the case, simply no longer are such? Or does the soul change and grow with us? There are so many questions one needs to ask and contemplate before deciding what one feels on the matter.

For if the soul is on a journey, at any given moment, there may be a soulmate for that moment - but it might change.

To have love and lost, may not need mean never to love again...

Posted 14 Years Ago


The poem was written in respect to a young woman who is a spiritual being, looking to find her way in this world, recently blinded and shattered by love gone bad, now looking above for answers. It is a journey that many of us have found the end and the answers to. The shadow is a poor reflection of who she really is as a whole being. Interpret away......

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LSS
You misquoted yourself, "The sun shows me only shadows", should be refined to recognize that in the shadow there is form if you allow the faint rays of light to pass. Yes, often having to strain to see thru the haze formed thereby. You should have also taken into account that without the shadows there is no form possible, for in the defining edges of our goals, in the crags that hide our essence, our life is found in the shadows of the things that most could our lives. Your last lines say it clearer, "Illuminated enough."
Lar


Posted 15 Years Ago


In the light, many things are asked and answered. I am always thankful for the light. Wonderful, contemplative write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I have asked similar questions, also. Few answers came, and the ones that did left me disappointed. I hope you'll fair much better.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

follow blindly this path,
testing the waters I pass,
only to find they leave me thristy,
unslacked, not unscathed

Loved these lines.

Very nicely written work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very interesting topic you chose. I believe your not alone with wondering about the after life and what it means. Although this subject is one that hits close to home for me, I believe your flow could be polished up a bit. You lost me in a few places in the first stanza and as a result, the force of the subject dissipated.

Over all nice write and powerful subject.

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

334 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 15, 2008
Last Updated on August 17, 2008

Author

DRIVEN
DRIVEN

philadelphia, PA



About
Not much to say. I have been a writer or attempted to be for many years now...I like to write about the crazy thoughts I have or things that happen to me. Mostly I write from other's perspectives, m.. more..

Writing
[untitled] [untitled]

A Poem by DRIVEN



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..