She

She

A Poem by The Daisy
"

The girl that was is is.

"
Sporting a polka-dot balloon dress,
she beamed like nothing mattered but time and space.
She swirled like a dusty-white dandelion in the serene air
...humming an unfamiliar song as eyes burn her with unmindful and sardonic thoughts.
Her arms stretched all ready to welcome paradise on Earth
...as a multitude-colored ribbons of light stared with awe and wonder.
And then everything, everything that was mortal of her left
and took flight with the unwritten and ancient truths of the universe...
Mouths ceaselessly called for her name, bedazzled.
Her tear-filled eyes finally opened and grasped what was there.
She smiled a bigger smile and then, clasped a hand, sashayed with mirth...
Seventeen years after that, she is who she was.

© 2013 The Daisy


Author's Note

The Daisy
Apparently, this is a prose poem. This, moreover, is very close to my spongy little heart.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Incredibly imaginative. The innocently superficial social butterfly writ large; and underneath the surface picture you paint, there is a wry observational twist that gives great depth to this really well written piece.

I can see her and all those burning eyes with their unmindful, sardonic thoughts, so very clearly.

Beccy.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Incredibly imaginative. The innocently superficial social butterfly writ large; and underneath the surface picture you paint, there is a wry observational twist that gives great depth to this really well written piece.

I can see her and all those burning eyes with their unmindful, sardonic thoughts, so very clearly.

Beccy.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Prose poetry is still very much poetry. T.S. Eliot and Dylan Thomas knew this.


Posted 4 Years Ago


I like it, didn´t understand everything but I still like it very much.. feel like understandings things in your own way is one of the perks of poetry, thankyou for sharing! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is an epitome of juvenility in another person's perspective. One can mistakenly see this as censoriousness if they're not too careful.

I remember one good old chinese saying: Good people do good things, and say good things; their heart is pure, their face is pure.

I don't know how this is associated with your write but this came to mind moments after reading:) This piece however has a natural flow and I liked your choice of word.



Posted 10 Years Ago


The Daisy

10 Years Ago

Hm, I totally get your perspective. Thank you for this review. :)
Yep, it's prose. Cute story.

Posted 10 Years Ago


So many good lines in this wellwritten and thought poem...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


She swirled like a dusty-white dandelion in the serene air
a sweet read indeed...Enjoyed DE....Rose:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Daisy

10 Years Ago

Thanks, Rose.
As a prose poem, you may like to fill the lines to their length, as this is one of the defining characteristics of the form. (i,e: not breaking the lines at all)

None the less, it certainly does feel like a prose poem. A very lovely one.

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Daisy

10 Years Ago

Well, it does look like that in my notes. Thank you for the review, Paula. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

381 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 1, 2013
Last Updated on June 1, 2013
Tags: being, feminine, transformation

Author

The Daisy
The Daisy

Quezon City, Philippines



About
I live deliberately and deeply. Thoreau would always haunt me and tell me to 'suck the marrow out of life' and I resolved I can do that through writing. more..

Writing
My Reverie My Reverie

A Poem by The Daisy





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5