Behind the wall of looks

Behind the wall of looks

A Story by Dakshta

Last night I read The Phantom of the Opera and I couldn't help but feel bad for Erick. The guy was so smart, had voice of an angel and all he wanted was some love. But he didn’t have any. Why? Just because of the way he looked? I cannot blame him for what he became. He was like that because of the way others treated him. The first present his parents gave him was a mask, a mask so that they wouldn’t have to see his face. His mother used to run away throwing a mask at him whenever he went near her. How can anyone blame him for his madness? Yes his ways were wrong but just for once put yourself in his place and then think. He was hurting others so that they won’t hurt him.

Story or not, there is always some Erick out there. Trying to hide himself from the dagger of the eyes, that gives him a look of disgust. Trying to find someone who will hold him for at least a second without cringing away. They become like this because of the way others treat them. I never understand why looks matter so much. Why people always go for looks instead of looking at the person’s heart. If only people would look behind the wall of looks, no Erick would ever be hurt and will never hurt others.

So I’m making a request, please don’t treat them in such way. Instead of going for their looks, look inside their heart and I promise you, you will be quite surprised.

© 2013 Dakshta


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was perfect! And so very true..It's so sad, the way people judge others theses days by the way they look, or how they talk, or whatnot. This poem was very inspirational and really makes you think! It's encouraging to go out of your way and talk to those people! To let them know they DO mean something! Everyone is here for a purpose! Well done, Dakshta!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dakshta

10 Years Ago

Thanks Maggie! :)
❤ Maggie ❤

10 Years Ago

:)



Reviews

This was perfect! And so very true..It's so sad, the way people judge others theses days by the way they look, or how they talk, or whatnot. This poem was very inspirational and really makes you think! It's encouraging to go out of your way and talk to those people! To let them know they DO mean something! Everyone is here for a purpose! Well done, Dakshta!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dakshta

10 Years Ago

Thanks Maggie! :)
❤ Maggie ❤

10 Years Ago

:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
1 Review
Added on May 11, 2013
Last Updated on May 11, 2013

Author

Dakshta
Dakshta

India



About
Hello to anyone who is reading this! Hmmm well my name is Dakshta and I think you know that already ah anyway I'm 17. According to some people I talk a lot and they think that I don't act my age, but .. more..

Writing