Do I know you?

Do I know you?

A Story by Dakshta

I was sitting in a coffee shop at my usual booth. Resting my head on the cold glass window, I looked out. Drops of rain were hitting the glass and people were running around trying to find a shed. My coffee was waiting for me to drink it and my half eaten cupcake was waiting for me to finish it. With a sigh my mind drifted to the memories of past.

-----Flash back-----

"Hi. You have reached to my voice male. Please leave your message and I will contact to you soon"

With frustrated sigh I put my phone back on the table and took a sip of my coffee. He told me to wait. He said that he would be here soon. And that was....1 hour ago. Jezz this guy have no sense of time. Looking towards the door impatiently, I took another sip of my coffee.

"Excuse me miss?"

I looked up and saw some unknown guy standing there.

"Yes?"

"This is for you" he said handing me an envelope. I took it and was about to ask who sended this but by then he was already gone. I tried to search for any name on the envelope but couldn't find any except mine. With a confused sigh I opened it and saw a letter in it. Taking it out, I started reading it.

Dear Fleur,

I wish I could say this to you in person but....but I didn't had the courage. The truth is that I don't have the same feelings for you anymore. I thought what I had for you was love but it wasn't. I don't think I can continue this relationship anymore. There would be no point in continuing it. I hope you will forgive me one day. Good bye.

Will always be your friend,
Tristen.


I couldn't belive my eyes, I read the letter again and again. Thinking it was some kind of cruel joke. I thought just like every time he would jump out of nowhere and will laugh at my expression. But he didn't. I waited and waited but he never came. And after that day I never saw him.


-----End of Flash back-----

Even after all this happend, I don't know why I come here every year. I guess I was still denying the truth? The truth that the person whom I loved the most, the person whom loved even more than my life, left me. He didn't even found it necessary to say all that in person.

With a sigh I finished my coffee and asked waiter for the bill. That was when the bell of the coffee shop rang and a girl entered. There was an arm wrapped around her waist, I was shocked when I saw whose arm that was. He said something to her and she blushed with a giggle. As if feeling eyes on them, he turned around and looked at looked at me with widen eyes. The couple walked towards me and stood by my table.

"Fleur. How are you?" he asked with a smile and motioned towards the girl.

"That's Gloria. My fiance" he said and the girl took out her hand for a handshake. I looked at her hand and saw a ring that once he gave to me. I felt like someone crushing, I blinked back tears that were ready fall. With that I looked back at him and said,

"Sorry but do I know you?"

© 2013 Dakshta


Author's Note

Dakshta
I wrote this in hurry so sorry for grammer mistakes. I will edit it soon. Please do tell me what you think :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Loved this!!! So sad, but I loved this!! She didn't need him anyways! ;)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dakshta

10 Years Ago

Haha thanks Maggie :)
Ooh, burn! Lol I really like it. I got a little rush of vindication for Fleur at the end. Even though it still tears her heart out to see Tristan with a new love, she keeps it together. I hope she keyed his car when she left. lmao

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dakshta

10 Years Ago

Haha thanks for the review :)
Touched my heart indeed :) Write on, Dakshta.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dakshta

10 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Cool story, It is sad when relationships end and the pain that it caused- am reading it now with a cup of tea :) It illustrates the feelings that people experience over the breakup saga which happens to us all and the pain of heartbreak- well done hun and thank you for submitting to my compettion. keep writing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dakshta

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much :)
Mizo4

10 Years Ago

no problemo have a nice day :)
Dakshta

10 Years Ago

you too :)
Wow, I really loved this ..it has to go in my favs. Thank you for giving me hope. X

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dakshta

10 Years Ago

thank you thank you thank you thank you so much! :)
Very heart touching story Dakshta, we live in a big world..but why the stories are very similar to ones other life. I had almost the same experience in my life before, but just the opposite, however my emotions were the same at the end as the girl had in this story ! Nice writing..well done !!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dakshta

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much :)
Really emotional story...I loved it!! :) Sorry, after reading it i can't say anything else :(
Keep writing!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dakshta

10 Years Ago

Thanks Akshat :)
Akshat♥

10 Years Ago

You are welcome :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 13, 2013
Last Updated on June 1, 2013

Author

Dakshta
Dakshta

India



About
Hello to anyone who is reading this! Hmmm well my name is Dakshta and I think you know that already ah anyway I'm 17. According to some people I talk a lot and they think that I don't act my age, but .. more..

Writing
Walked away.. Walked away..

A Story by Dakshta