Xpanded Minds; The Sacred Cross Medallion Part 1

Xpanded Minds; The Sacred Cross Medallion Part 1

A Story by The Animal Guy
"

A Holy Medallion of importance to the Xpanded Minds church is stolen by a ruthless Prince and his army leading a lone Jesus-like hero to retrieve it before its powers are used for evil intentions.

"

The Seven Disciples M.B Church


The Pastor is preaching his sermon; the gospel to his 100 member ministry dressed in their Eco-friendly green robes. The organist is playing a tune in synch with the word. The congregation all get up out of their seats clapping and praising the Lord, egging the pastor to keep on preaching. Two knocks are heard on the door and one of the church members opens it to see a young middle aged man with long golden blonde hair, hazel eyes and wearing a brown and white striped shirt and beige pants and black shoes.


This man introduces himself as 'Jeshua' and shakes the church member's hand, who in returns tells him his name. The people at the church couldn't help but feel a sense of hope and happiness as the Church's door-greeter; 'Horace' ushered him to a seat. Jeshua thanks the guy and listens to the word, joining in on the worship.


About ten minutes later all is going smooth until a loud crash is heard from right in the room, startling everyone. Suddenly, everyone looks up to see a horde of hairy beast with claws half dressed like Mummies entering the room. The leader, a man wearing a gold mask, red and purple cape with red and green tights and black boots bursts open the door bringing in more of his beast and pushing the Church's door-greeter and a few other members aside.

 

The gold masked man jumps at the church's door-greeter, laughing and trying to make him flinch but he don't budge an inch, instead returns this dirty look right back at him.


" What is the meaning of all this? " The Pastor asked, noticing one of the beast advancing towards him as he is moving back.


The gold masked man slaps the door-greeter hard in his head and he goes down hard, then he looks at the Pastor and speaks.


" You have something that I want. " The gold masked man said. " You have the Sacred Cross Amulet. "


" What do you possibly want with the church's Amulet? " The Pastor asked.


" ENOUGH QUESTIONS! " The gold masked man yelled. " Tell me where the amulet is or suffer the consequences! "


" No! " The Pastor said, confidently. " This amulet means everything to the church and I will not give it up to the likes of you!


" HOW DARE YOU DISOBEY ME, HEATHEN! " The gold masked man asked, chuckling. " Kill them all! "


At that moment Jeshua got out of his seat with his silver-sword out at the ready as the members of the congregation all ran for their lives, only for half of them to be killed on sight by the hairy Mummy-like beast. The Pastor; Dr. Crowvich and Horace; The door-greeter fled the room going into hiding and leaving Jeshua in the room with the beasts and the gold masked man.


The gold masked man goes after the Pastor. Some of the members of the church manage to escape while the others stood their ground attempting to fight them off. Jeshua easily disposes his group of hairy, beast creatures known as 'Rasheedos' and sustains minor damage ( a few scratches to the arm) with the help of Horace and a few congregation members. Jeshua makes his way through the well-decorated hallway and meets up with Horace who is raising his hands in the air in fear, as the gold masked man had his silver antique Colt Pistol aimed at him and then the Pastor.


" It looks like we're at a cross-roads. " The gold masked man said. " Either the Pastor gives me what I've requested or I shoot him where he stands and take it myself. "


" How about you leave! " One church member shouted. " The good people came here to worship the Lord not to be put in danger! "


" Don't worry, once I get what I came for, I'll leave. " The gold masked man said. " Just hand over the amulet and I promise you that I'll let the Pastor  and you live as well.


" Over our dead bodies! " Jeshua yelled, charging towards the gold masked man who fires several shots at Jeshua and misses. The gold masked man teleports in the nick of time and reappears behind Jeshua and Horace. Jeshua stops himself from colliding into the said Pastor.


" Abimelech will prevail! " The gold masked man yelled, holstering his gun and throwing smoke grenades.


Abimelech does several back flips spotting the amulet in a glass case on a podium of the same material. Abimelech steals the amulet whilst the three; Horace, Jeshua and the Pastor are blinded and overwhelmed by the smoke. Abimelech vanishes and laughs in the distance. When the smoke is cleared and everything is settled Abimelech is long gone and so is the amulet.


" DAMN IT! " Horace yelled, frustrated.


" All hope is loss without that amulet. " The Pastor said. " That amulet is the last ancient relic of this church. "


" Listen, I'll get the amulet back for you. " Jeshua said, holstering his sword. " Just tell me where Abimelech has taken it and I'll go retrieve it for you.

 

" The temple is located in a forest just Northeast of here. " The Pastor said. " May God bless you on this quest. "

© 2012 The Animal Guy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really good job here ;) I'd like to know what plans Abimelech has for the amulet too :D Looking forward to Part 2!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This was interesting i wonder what's next

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ah, a religious theme. I can't say I'm an expert, but I am enjoying the action. A mysterious swordsman offers to retrieve the amulet. Hmm, I'd also like to know the plans that Abimelech has for the amulet. Good job, overall.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Love It Baby I felt like i waas right there when i was reading it...... WRITE MORE BABY......

Posted 12 Years Ago


wonderful story

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

310 Views
5 Reviews
Added on March 27, 2012
Last Updated on March 27, 2012
Tags: Action-Adventure, Drama, Suspense

Author

The Animal Guy
The Animal Guy

Florissant, MO, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
My name's Cortez Lee and I'm here to get my stories out to the public. Nothing much can really be said except that I'm married to a beautiful woman in my life named' Sheena Lee' and we're just .. more..

Writing
CHAPTER 1 CHAPTER 1

A Chapter by The Animal Guy


CHAPTER 2 CHAPTER 2

A Chapter by The Animal Guy


CHAPTER 3 CHAPTER 3

A Chapter by The Animal Guy