Hard Fix

Hard Fix

A Chapter by Damac
"

Andrew must deal with a sudden change of events in his life.

"
Andrew and Casey walked upstairs, afraid of what they may find on the secomd floor.
"How are the zombies already in here?" Casey asked.
"I don't know just shut up!" Andrew said.
"We didn't see any the entire way over!" Casey continued.
"Shut up!" Andrew said. They were approaching the door to the room where the noises were coming from.
"s#%$&." Andrew said.
"What?" 
"This is my parents room." Andrew said.    

Andrew and Casey got on either side of the door. Andrew pumped the shotgun while Casey took out a M1911.
"On three." Andrew said. Casey nodded.
"One, two, three!"
Andrew and Casey ran into the room. Andrew looked around and saw his frightened father in the corner of the room. He was a skinny, but tall man. He didn't have much muscle but he wasn't to weak. He had thinning brown hair and wore glasses. He was in complete shock.
"Andrew?" 
"Dad?" 
The two embraced and for a moment, Andrew forgot what a dire situation everyone was in. He forgot that he was 15 years old and covered in blood. All he could think about was how safe he felt in his fathers embrace.
"How'd you get back here?" Andrew asked.
"I never left. Your mother walked out the door to go to work and when I left about an hour later she and another man were standing there. They attacked me! I ran inside and locked the doors. One of the badstards bit me." He said, revealing a bloody mark on his arm. Andrews mood changed completley.
"Oh well thats too bad."
"Yeah, oh I didn't see you there." Andrew's father said, looking at Casey. "You are?" 
"Casey, I'm Lukes friend, from Camp, Ivan's sister."
"Well nice to meet you. Andrew I am going to lie down, I feel very dizzy. And if those things come to the house, we are gonna have to fight them off together!"
"Ya, okay." Andrew said, he and Casey left.

"Your dads infected." Casey whispered once Andrew had closed the door.
"I know." Andrew said, holding back tears.
"I don't mean to upset you, but its the truth."
Andrew didn't respond. He sat there, contemplating what to do. "Maybe he won't change." Andrew said.
"I doubt it." 
"Well I am not killing him now, lets just board up the first floor while we have a chance."
Casey rolled her eyes, "Fine." She began to walk down the stairs.
"b$%&#." Andrew whispered.

5:30 pm:
Andrew wiped some sweat off his head. It had taken alot of wood they found around the house and from broken furniture, but the whole house was sealed up. They had left one window open, the second floor bathroom window, in order to exit the house via rope later for supplies and to possibky save survivors.
"Okay, who wants dinner." Andrew asked.
"Me!" Everyone else shouted.
"Ivan! i want you to help Andrew!" Casey said.
"Ugh fine!" Ivan moaned.
Andrew and Ivan walked into the kitchen and began to prepare dinner.
"Alright Ivan, what do you want?"
"Macaroni and Cheese!" Ivan said. He made a big grin and spread his arms all the way out, as if doing a dance would make Andrew want Macarpni and Cheese. Andrew just smiled. "Mac n' cheese it is." He said.
Ivan went and got two boxes of Mac and Cheese. Andrew filled a pot with water and put it on the stove. Thank God they still had power.
"So Ivan." Andrew began "What do you like too do in your spare time?"
"I like video games and football."
"I used to play football." Andrew said.
"You did?" Ivan said as he poured the Macaroni intothe pot.
"Ya, but I wasn't very good. I quit after eigth grade."
"Were you the worst?" 
"No, luckily there were people worse than me. But I was definetly not the best or in the middle. Are you good?"
"I don't know." Ivan said.
"You don't know?" Andrew said, he began to stir the pot.
"I'm a linemen, so I don't know if i'm playing well or not." 
"I guess at your age it can be confusing."
"Ya, I guess." Ivan gad taken out bowls and was squeezing the cheese out of its package and into the bowls.
Then Ivan said something that made Andrew realize, he didn't know what was happening around him. He didn't know what kind of a situation he was in. 
"I can't wait for football to start up this year! Its going to be so fun!" 
"Ya, I bet it is." Andrew answered, distracted. "Hey how 'bout you go set the table?"
Ivan rolled his eyes, "Fine."
Ivan left with dishes for the dining room and Casey appeared in the doorway.
"Your brother doesn't understand whats going on." Andrew said, queitly but frantically.
"Neither does yours." 
"How do you know?" 
"I heard you talking and connecting with Ivan so I thought I would chat it up with Luke, get to know him better."
"Okay, and?"
"He immediatley told me about the trip your families taking to Busch Gardens on saturday."
"f#%$&." Andrew said, frustrated, "Why don't they understand whats happening?"
"Probably because their young. Their minds don't want to accept the bad and only want to think of the good. Ivan can only think of the upcoming football season and Luke can only think of a trip to a theme park. Neither wants to think about death, especially their own."
"So what, now you're a know-it-all?"
"Hey! You got to be a know it all already. Why can't I?"
Andrew sighed, knowing she was right on both accounts. "Fine, can you dish out the macaroni?"
"Sure."

The four sat down to eat. They sat at the dining room table. Andrew and Luke sat next to each other and Casey and Ivan sat next to each other.
"So where's everyone going to sleep?" Casey asked.
"Well, I guess Ivan can sleep in the bunk bed with Luke."
"Yay!" Ivan and Luke shouted.
"And you can take the guest room if you want."
Casey smiled, "Sure."
The four talked over dinner, mostly about their experiences at camp, which Casey did not attend. They talked and laughed about how much fun they had over the summer. Then Andrew remebered his father.
"I need to go check on something." Andrew said.
"I'll come too." Casey added.

The two walked upstairs to Andres parents room. Andrew put his ear up to the door and couldn't hear anything.
"Alright, lets go" Andrew said. He and Casey entered the room.
"Inside all the lights were off and Andrew could just barley make out the form of his father on the bed. He was lying motionless, not making a sound.
"Dad?"
"Yes?" 
"Just checking on you." Andrew breathed a sigh of releif.
"I'm still not feeling good Andrew."
"Alright Dad. I'll let you sleep."

Andrew and Casey began to head downstairs. 
"Why hasn't he changed yet?" Casey asked.
"I don't know, maybe he's immune." Andrew said.
"I don't know. He has to be immine to infection, reanimation, and possession."
Andrew gave her an angry glare, "You didn't have to tell me that."
Casey looked away, "Sorry."

9:00 pm
Andrew was in the living room reading the newspaper. He was trying to find if their was anything that hinted at the uprising.
"Any luck?" Casey appeared in the doorway.
"No, not yet."
"Alright I'm gonna..." She stopped mid sentence.
"What?" Andrew asked.
"Listen."
Andrew heard a low gurgling sound. He turned and loomed through a small crack in the boards on the living room window.

Outside, infected, ressurects, and possessed were moving towards the house. Casey loooked out too.
"You gonna sleep with a shotgun tonight?"
"Ya." Andrew said.
"It took all day, but they finally found us."
"No, their just walking around. They don't know we are here."
"Lets hope so."
Andrew looked at Casey as he turned off the living room lights. "You were saying?" 
"I'm gonna put Luke and Ivan to bed then probably turn in myself. You?"
"Ya, I'll come. What are they doing?"
"Watching T.V. To our luck it still works."
"Alright."
Andrew and Casey brought Ivan and Luke up to bed. They kissed them good night and prepared to turn in themselves.
"Well, I guess I wasn't expecting todayto end like this." Casey said.
"Ya, me neither."
"It was nice meeting you."
Andrew smiled, "Nice meeting you too."
Casey went into her bedroom and Andrew continued his walk down the hall. He had his shotgun slung over his back and his bat in hand, dragging it along the rug. He passed his fathers room. "Better check on him." Andrew said outloud.

Andrew walked inside. "Dad?"
The light crom the hallway, showed his Dad standing in the corner, head down. 
"Dad you okay?"
His fater turned around, blood on his face and bloodshot eyes.
"Dad," Andrew said, a tremble in his voice, "Don't do this."
His father started to run towards him.
"I love you." Andrew said. He swung the bat and it collided with his fathers head. The man fell motionless tothe ground, and Andrew hit him once more for good measure.

"Whats all the noise abou...Ohhh!" Casey said, as she walked into the room.
"Whats goin..." Andrew heard behind.
"Nothing Luke go back to bed." Casey led Luke away. Andrew exited the room, taking the keys with him. He locked the door, went to his own room, sat on his bed, and cried.


© 2011 Damac


Author's Note

Damac
Ignore Grammar

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
Added on May 10, 2011
Last Updated on May 17, 2011
Tags: Zombies


Author

Damac
Damac

New York City, NY



About
I'm just a writer looking for a place where I can write without limitations! I am currently Writing Four Stories: Operation School: What Lies Ahead - A sequel to my first ever work of writing, O.. more..

Writing
Chapter I: The Calm Chapter I: The Calm

A Chapter by Damac


The Regulator The Regulator

A Book by Damac