A New Home

A New Home

A Chapter by Damac
"

Andrew and Ivan begin the long walk back to Peakdale

"
Andrew walked through the forest, holding his pistol at the ready. He held Ivans hand, who walked close behind him.
"How far from Peakdale do you think we are?" Andrew asked.
"About a days walk, if we walk the right direction." Ivan answered.
"We're not lost."
"I'm not saying we are, now."
"Well were not gonna get lost."
"I hope you can keep that promise."

The two walked for about an hour without seeing so much as a bug fly by. The silence and loneliness was unsettling.
"Where are all the animals?" Ivan asked.
"I'm not sure, but I have a feeling I know where they might be."
"Where?"
"Running away from here. There pretty good at sensing danger, and i'm pretty sure a resurrect wouldn't miss a chance to feed on one." Andrew said. He looked at Ivan who had a slightly disgusted face on "Sorry for that visual, forgot for a second how young you are." Andrew said.
"It's alright." Ivan responded.

Night was starting to fall, and it was becoming harder and harder to see in the darkness of the forest. 
"Andrew we have to get out of the forest, find some place to stay for the night."
"Alright." Andrew said "I'll try and find a place to stop."

They walked for another thirty minutes, and the forest was almost pitch black when they saw a very small clearing in the woods. They moved toward it and found a small house, on the edge of a lake. It's lights were off and there were no cars around, so Andrew assumed it had been abandoned.
"You want to stay her?" Andrew asked Ivan, letting go of his hand.
"Yeah, yeah this'll be fine. And we can keep going when the suns back up."
"Alright, lets go."

Andrew held the pistol up in front of his face. He moved towards the front door and found that it was already open and unlocked. A little worried, Andrew turned his guns safety off. As they entered the house, it looked pretty clean. Furniture was in its place and looked untouched, the kitchen was orderly and didn't appear ransacked, and most importantly, no zombies seemed to be inside.

"Alright, lets get you fed and in bed Andrew said to Ivan." He knelt down and looked at him. He was covered in dirt and sweat, from head to toe. "Ivan all we did was walk for two hours. How did you get so dirty?"
Ivan didn't say anything, he just smiled while looking at the floor.
"Alright, well, if the waters running you should take a shower. Let's go check. I'll make you some dinner while you do." In reality, Andrew just wanted to scope out the rest of the house, without freaking out Ivan anymore than he already was.

The two headed off towards the staircase of the house. Upstairs Andrew checked all the bedrooms and determined them clear, including a kids room, who seemed to have clothes perfect for Ivan. He then checked the water pressure, which surprisingly still ran. There was no heat, but the water ran.
"Alright Ivan, I'm gonna go down stairs and make us some dinner. You take your shower, and then go into the kids room and pick out some clothes. Bring the dirty ones down and I'll see if this house has a washing machine or something. If something happens, just call for me and I'll come"
"Okay." Ivan said, already taking off his socks.

Andrew walked back downstairs. He looked in the kitchen for any food the two could eat, that hadn't gone bad. But all he found were foods that had gone bad. Seeing as how there was no other food, or anyway to cook it, Andrew poured out two bowls of cereal for them to eat dry.

Seeing how he now had time to waste, Andrew decided to try and find some candles or something to give them a little light. He looked around the dining room and managed to find two candles for that very use. He lit them and placed them in the kitchen, then decided to take a look around the house. He walked into the living room, a nice small room of the house. He looked around and saw the house had a porch over the lake, and their was a shape on the porch.

Andrew ran back to the kitchen, grabbed his gun, and returned to the sliding glass door of the back porch. He opened it slowly, and then burst onto the porch, aiming his gun at the shape. What he found was more sickening than he could have ever imagined.

It was a dead body, sitting on the porch still grasping a pistol in its right hand and with bullet in its head. A scoped hunting rifle sat in front of it. Andrew covered his mouth, but calmed down long enough to retrieve the two guns. Curious he looked dow the scope of the hunting rifle to see what the man had been shooting at, but couldn't make anything out through the darkness.

Eventually Ivan came down the stairs. The two ate and went to bed, saying little to each other. Both tired out by the ordeals they had been through.


© 2011 Damac


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on June 24, 2011
Last Updated on June 24, 2011


Author

Damac
Damac

New York City, NY



About
I'm just a writer looking for a place where I can write without limitations! I am currently Writing Four Stories: Operation School: What Lies Ahead - A sequel to my first ever work of writing, O.. more..

Writing
Chapter I: The Calm Chapter I: The Calm

A Chapter by Damac


The Regulator The Regulator

A Book by Damac