Revelation

Revelation

A Chapter by Damac
"

Andrew and his Dark side have a little discussion

"

“Everyone has a shady side to them”


Andrew stared into the campfire. The four were off to the side of the road. Gear and Veronica had already fallen asleep, and Andrew could feel Luke dozing off in his arms.

“Andrew, i’m tired” Luke said, leaning his head back to rest on Andrew’s shoulder.

“I know, your allowed to be. You’ve been through a lot.” Andrew said, runnig his hand through Luke’s curly hair.

“Can I go to bed now?”

“Haha, yes buddy. You’ve earned it.” Andrew said. He got up and un rolled a blanket, mat, and pillow for Luke. He then helped Luke get into his makeshift bed.

“Thanks, Andrew.”

“Your welcome.” Andrew said, smiling and kissing his brother on the forehead. Within moments, Andrew could tell his brother was fast asleep.

Andrew stood up and walked away from the camp. He walked a little ways down the road, and then ducked behind a large rock. He looked at the empty space in front of himself and waited. Within moments, the apparition started to form in front of him, when it was done, it stood with it’s arms folded and looked at Andrew with a slightly evil grin. Andrew looked up into it’s face, his face.

“You rang?” It said.

“I don’t know where else to turn...”

“Hehe...what do you need?”

“Where can I go that’s safe. I can’t let those three down, especially not Luke, and we can’t walk forward forever.”

The apparition sighed, “Well, you know, I could use the locket to show you where you could go.”

“And how would you do that?”

“Kid, come on, I know you know the power that thing has and i’ve been traveling this wasteland for over a hundred years. I know where to go.”

“Then why don’t you just show me?”

The apparition grabbed Andrew’s wrist, “Because, this is more fun.” It said, smiling at him.


Andrew watched as the world around him seemed to compress and move inward towards the apparitions hand. He felt the locket burning hot against his chest as his vision went dark. He couldn’t see anything but the apparition’s smiling face, then everything started to feel like it was getting tighter, almost as if his body was being pushed together into one small box. He then saw a blinding flash of light, as the world began re-building itself around him.


“Where are we going sir?” A young boy asked Andrew. He looked down and to his left, and saw a small tan skinned boy, about six years old, staring back at him.

“A small town Lionel. A town called Uplift.”

“Uplift, sir?” The boy, Lionel, asked.

“It’s built into a cliff edge, the town just keeps going up and up until you reach the top, but then it’s a whole different town.” 


“What’s going on, I didn’t say that.” Andrew thought to himself.

“You don’t control what he says, only what he does.” He heard the apparition say.

“Why?”

“This is only a memory. You aren’t in full control. Use this wisely, it will help you and your friends in the future.”

“Am I really in control?”

“Yes, you are.”

“Let me see...” Andrew said. He turned and faced Lionel, wound up a punch, and knocked the kid flat on his back. “Hey, nice.”

Lionel sat up, rubbing his cheek “Oh my god...” He said, standing up and slowly backing away from Andrew. He began to run away, and Andrew saw the world around him collapse.


Andrew felt intense pain as this happened, he screamed and fell to the ground, and suddenly found himself lying face down in the dirt, back in the real world. The Apparition stood over him, “Do you have any idea what you have just done!” It screamed at him.

“Punched a kid.”

“You idiot, you can’t drastically change the memory. It’s like a movie, there’s only one sequence of events, you can’t change it.”

“So?”

“So, if you drastically change the memory, the locket doesn’t know what should come next, so it shut’s down.”

“Why am I worried again?” 

“Whenever it has to do a forced shut down like that, it destroys part of your mind, didn’t you feel that pain?”

“Yeah, but...”

“But nothing, I can’t have you destroying your head like that.”

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry.” Andrew said, standing up “But I got what I needed.”

“Oh really?”

“Yeah, somewhere down this road, is a town called Uplift.” Andrew said.


He stood for a moment and studied the locket, “How does it work?”

“What, the memory thing?”

“Yeah.”

“You can relive any memory of anyone the locket touches, other than yourself.”

“Anyone?”

“Anyone.”

“How come I couldn’t do this before.”

“You could to an extent, you remember seeing these?” The apparition snapped it’s fingers and a holographic man appeared, his body made up of numbers and symbols of interchanging color. The Locket radiated heat.

“Yeah, I saw a couple of those around the wasteland.”

“Their memories that were programmed for you to see.”

“Why me?”

“Something tells me, your parents had a plan for you from the start.”

“Why not, Luke?”

“I’m sure they had something planned for him too. Maybe it just hasn’t shown itself yet.”

Andrew began to walk away, and he could see the apparition disappearing, but then he came back, “You know, don’t you.”

“What?”

“You know something is planned for Luke don’t you?”

“I know no such thing, but I do know there is always a chance.”

“Yeah, well let’s hope for your sake, that that chance does not get to happen.” Andrew said. He walked off back toward the campsite, and the apparition faded into nothing.



© 2011 Damac


Author's Note

Damac
This ones a bit weird... I really need to know what you guys think

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really loved this chapter and it changed the dynamics of the story into a more twistingly complex story and it's given it an edge and more of a unique charm to it .
I seriously can't believe what you said , what did you say ? You said you thought this was one of the weaker chapters . Did you read it when you wrote it ? It was amazing ! well - written and one of the things that made this chapter worthwhile to me is the Luke / Andrew scene at the start , I think you need to give yourself credit where credit is due because my friend , this is one of your best writes so far . Keep it up .

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really, really love this chapter, it really shows how good of a writer you are. It turned the storyline around in a good way, in a way that makes it realistic but still a step towards fantasy and it makes the story so much more interesting. The dialogue was so believable, which was what made me think that you're a lot better writer than what I thought. The whole thing about how the memories were programmed for Andrew to see but not Luke (yet) is such a simple concept you've created but still different and it seems like it's planned out in a way that could have real significance later in the story. The whole relationship between the apparition and Andrew is so good for the story and this chapter, in my opinion, proved that. Every last word of this chapter is written so well, from the scene with Luke and Andrew at the beginning to the scene where Andrew punches Lionel. This is such a well-written chapter and it makes me excited to read more. Great job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really loved this chapter and it changed the dynamics of the story into a more twistingly complex story and it's given it an edge and more of a unique charm to it .
I seriously can't believe what you said , what did you say ? You said you thought this was one of the weaker chapters . Did you read it when you wrote it ? It was amazing ! well - written and one of the things that made this chapter worthwhile to me is the Luke / Andrew scene at the start , I think you need to give yourself credit where credit is due because my friend , this is one of your best writes so far . Keep it up .

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

312 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 7, 2011
Last Updated on December 7, 2011


Author

Damac
Damac

New York City, NY



About
I'm just a writer looking for a place where I can write without limitations! I am currently Writing Four Stories: Operation School: What Lies Ahead - A sequel to my first ever work of writing, O.. more..

Writing
Chapter I: The Calm Chapter I: The Calm

A Chapter by Damac


The Regulator The Regulator

A Book by Damac