Connections

Connections

A Chapter by Damac
"

Andrew calls for help, from a very unlikely source

"

“The enemy of my Enemy, is my friend”


“Sir, we have an incoming transmission” The Congressional Communications Operator said.

“From who?” The Man said.

“Didn’t say, but there access code checked out.”

“Put them on.” The Man said, already sure he knew who was transmitting.


“General, so glad you could take my call.” The Voice on the radio said.

“Who is this?” The General asked.

“Come on, you know who this is.” The voice said.

The General gave a long huff of his breath, “You know your on everyones shitlist Andrew. The entire Congress wants you dead.”

“Yeah, well. Tell them to get in line. And let’s be honest, your not one of them.” Andrew said, the General thought he could sense a little bit of pride or maybe even laughter in his voice.

“I’m not going to give that a response.”

“Good, cause it’s not important. I have a proposition for you.”

“I’m sorry, but I’m not going to listen to it.”

“It’s important...”

“Goodbye Andrew.” The General reached for one of the radios dials to turn it off.

“I know where the Imperials are going to be next, attacking that is, Quinn included.”

There was silence, and then the General spoke, “You have my attention.”

“See, I knew you’d come around.”

“Just tell me where.”

“No, you have to promise me something first.”

“Oh? And what would that be.”

“That you will actually come, and that you will actually help defend the place that’s being attacked.”

“Andrew... you’ve spilled a lot of blood of good men under my command.”

“Yeah, I saved a lot more, you owe me, even if you don’t like it.”

The General sighed again, “What do I get in return?”

“I come with you, back to the Congress, so you can put me on trial, lock me up, execute me, banish me, whatever. If you come and help defend this place, these people, I will come with you. But you let my Brother, Veronica, and Gear go.”

“I think I could arrange that.” The General said. “Now where are you?”

He heard Andrew giggle a little, “I knew i’d get your help John, you always had that soft spot. You have emotions.”

“Just tell me where you are.”

“The towns name is Uplift, its a huge settlement built into a cliff face . It’s hard to miss, if your following the right road.”

“And which one would that be?”

“The big road leading north out of New Gotham of Course. It’s the one we took to get here.”

“That’s all you can give me.”

“That’s all.”

“My Men and I will be there shortly, less then a day.”

“Good, Empire’s coming in three.”

“You have any more suggestions?” The General asked.

“No, just bring hardware. It’s gonna be a bloody fight.” Suddenly, there was a click and the radios clear transmission changed to static. The General got off of the radio and on to the camps announcement system, “Soldiers, pack-up. We are moving, we have a town to defend, a convict to capture, and a empire to crush!”



© 2012 Damac


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
Added on January 12, 2012
Last Updated on January 12, 2012


Author

Damac
Damac

New York City, NY



About
I'm just a writer looking for a place where I can write without limitations! I am currently Writing Four Stories: Operation School: What Lies Ahead - A sequel to my first ever work of writing, O.. more..

Writing
Chapter I: The Calm Chapter I: The Calm

A Chapter by Damac


The Regulator The Regulator

A Book by Damac