Confrontation

Confrontation

A Chapter by Damac
"

Andrew says Goodbye to Luke as Uplift prepares for the final fight

"

“Time... eventually we all run out of it”


Andrew stood at the peak of Uplift. Abraham stood to his left, and the General of the Continental Congress stood to his right.

“You know, this won’t be an easy fight.” Andrew said, looking out over the bustling city.

“We won’t be backing down this time. They fall or we fall, there is no in-between.” Abraham said. Andrew shook his head, and then turned to the General. 

“And you? Do you promise to keep your end of the deal?”

“When fighting ceases or becomes to violent, your Brother and Friends will be permitted to leave the city. That is, if you come with us.”

“Of course, I will. What charges do you think I’ll face?”

“Oh you know, Murder, Treason, Theft... enough to land you an execution.”

“Great.” Andrew said “Get executed by Quinn or Executed by the Congress.”

“Hey, don’t get yourself killed today. I need to bring you back if I want to get into the Senates good graces again.” The General said.

Andrew turned to him, giving him a disgusted look, “Cause in the end, that’s all that matters, right?”

“I didn’t say that...”

“What is my life to you? A game? A prize? Don’t you think, I care a bit to live on in this world. Don’t you think there’s a part of me that wants to take out my gun...” Andrew drew his revolver, the General attempted to disarm him, but Andrew dodged it and smacked the General across the face. The General fell to his knees, clutching his face. Andrew pulled the hammer back on his revolver “...and shoot you right between the f*****g eyes. I could, fight this battle, get away with my friends and brother, and never have any second thoughts right?”

The General shook his head yes.

“Well, your wrong John. I would have second thoughts, because I would spend every waking moment of my life knowing that I had just killed a great man, a man of great value to the Wasteland. A man who should be respected. Your blood, which would be on my hands, would not be a trophy, but a scar.” Andrew re-holstered his gun and helped the General to his feet, “Now, we get to go visit my brother, I’m sure he’ll be thrilled to hear about this.”


Andrew and the General walked into the small house. Luke was sitting in a chair in a corner, doing a little math work Veronica gave him to keep his brain active. Andrew thought it was cute, seeing Luke able to act almost like a normal kid with a normal life.

“Luke we have to talk.” Andrew said, walking over to the table.

“I know your going to go and fight, it’s fine, I’ll wait here. I don’t want to get hurt again just yet.” Luke looked at Andrew and gave him a smile. Andrew smiled back and laughed a little bit.

“No, Luke, it’s not about that.”

Luke looked at him confused, “What is it about then.”

“After the fight, I need to leave you, Veronica, and Gear.”

Luke put down his pencil, “Why?”

“I promised John here that I would go with him, back to Congress territory.”

“No, no...” Luke said, standing up.

“Listen, listen to me Luke...” Andrew said, also standing.

Luke ran at the General, tears starting to roll down his face, “Your going to kill him aren’t you?”

The General stared at Luke coldly.

“You b*****d!” Luke said, swinging a punch at the General. Andrew caught him.

"Alright you listen to me, Luke" Andrew said, grabbing Luke, pulling him back, and shoving him against a wall, "I am not going anywhere, you understand me!"

"Yes..." Luke said through tears.

"I need to go, I need to fight. You know this, I've done it before." Andrew said as he got down on one knee to look Luke right in the face.

"You've always been able to come back before..." Luke said, his face red as the tears rolled down his face. Andrew pushed down his own tears.

"Now you listen to me, and you listen good kid. I am going to see you again, this is not the last time do you hear me. Now I need you to stop crying, you know I can't hold it back when your upset."

For a second Luke sniffled, holding back the tears. Andrew looked his brother right in the eyes, and Luke broke down again, flinging his arms around him. "Don't go."

Andrew returned the hug, "I have too, Gear and Veronica will be back for you, and i'll see you again someday." Andrew looked over Luke's shoulder at the General, who upon meeting Andrew's eyes, turned away. Andrew began to stand-up, still holding Luke's hand.

"Be strong kid, for the both of us, cause God knows i'm not strong enough to do this myself." Andrew told Luke.


“I hope your proud of what your doing to him.” Andrew told the General as the two walked towards the Town Gates. The Imperials had just been spotted approaching the town.

“I have a job to do, i’m just doing it.”

Andrew didn’t respond, the two walked in silence toward the gate.

When they arrived, Andrew stood in between Gear and Veronica.

“Everything alright?” Veronica asked.

“No.” Andrew responded, drawing and readying his rifle.

“We figured as much.” Gear responded, facing the gates.

“You two ready?” Andrew asked.

“More than.” Veronica responded.

“Good.” Andrew said. As he said that, a horn sounded. The last of Uplift’s Militia and the Continental Congress’s army got into place on the street, in windows, and on rooftops. 


The gates slowly swung open, and standing in the middle of them, adorned in blood red robes was Quinn. He looked up, and his gaze met Andrew’s.

Quinn smiled, “Why hello there Andrew.”



© 2012 Damac


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really good :) you have talent buddy :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
1 Review
Added on February 1, 2012
Last Updated on February 1, 2012


Author

Damac
Damac

New York City, NY



About
I'm just a writer looking for a place where I can write without limitations! I am currently Writing Four Stories: Operation School: What Lies Ahead - A sequel to my first ever work of writing, O.. more..

Writing
Chapter I: The Calm Chapter I: The Calm

A Chapter by Damac


The Regulator The Regulator

A Book by Damac