Samsara

Samsara

A Poem by A. M. Charles

Hell is deep, its cries echoing into heaven making angels bleed. Blood tinged tears are the solace that they weep, washing away sins with their tainted purity. Hell echoes in our hearts giving bass to the symphony of our pain. It sings to our thoughts, making crashing crescendos of our fears. It seduces with piercing needles of truthful lies and drowns out our mute cries of mercy to God. A god that sleeps in righteous bliss. Fear not the valley of the shadow of death for we clothe ourselves in its darkness daily, we wear it like a shawl protecting us against the chill of life with the promise of an end. Liberation from the cycle, from the web that binds us to each other. We clench our eyes and whisper the prayer “nirvana” while hell rides our bodies with rhythmic thrusts and burning kisses. We embrace hell, clinging to it as we dream of escaping to a place where every breath isn’t tinged with the scent of sulfur. We create hell and surround ourselves with it then ask why it burns. And it laughs like fire against dry skin and whispers softly against our ears “because you asked for it”.

© 2012 A. M. Charles


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on April 26, 2012
Last Updated on April 26, 2012
Tags: samsara, nirvana, spiritual, erotic, philosophical, life, hell, death

Author

A. M. Charles
A. M. Charles

Vancouver, Canada



About
Konichiwa Mina-san! Alicia Here! (You may also call me Tora, Licy, or Cia). Thanks for stopping by and visiting my little corner of madness. Dance is what keeps me breathing and Writing keeps me san.. more..

Writing
I Am I Am

A Poem by A. M. Charles