Vampire Kisses -Chapter 2-

Vampire Kisses -Chapter 2-

A Chapter by DancingInTheDark
"

Chapter 2 ! :)

"

I lied awake in bed, unable to sleep. I had bandaged my shoulder where the man had bitten me but it still ached terribly.

 

I laid there, Thinking back to earlier that evening. After the man had disappeared I had been dizzy and unable to focus. Maybe, because a strange man with glowing red eyes had attacked me. The thing that frightened me the most was the fact that he knew my name.

 

After the man had left  I sat down wearily on the ground and ripped a piece from the 30 dollar Abercrombie and Fitch t-shirt I was wearing. I pressed it against my bleeding neck and breathed deeply. After a few minutes I had forced myself off the ground and made my way home, keeping to the shadows as best as I could.


I tossed and turned underneath the sheets desperately wanting to fall asleep I glanced at my clock. 1:00 A.M. I sighed heavily realizing tomorrow was a Tuesday and I has school.

 

Maybe I'll call in sick. I thought to myself. I lied back down on my pillow and rubbed my hand absentmindedly over the bandage that covered the entire right side of my neck.  I continued stared at the ceiling for what seemed like hours until my eyes finally began to feel heavy. I closed my eyes and eventually fell into a deep dreamless sleep.

 

 

I stared in the bathroom mirror at my bare shoulder. I closed my eyes tightly and opened the again, hoping that the marks would disappear. They were still there.

 

“I just don’t get it” Schuler explained, staring closely at the swollen bite mark on my neck. “You said the man grew fangs and bit you, but that’s just not possible” Schuler thought for a moment “Maybe he was a vampire!” 

 

I whirled around “I there is no such thing as….” I stopped myself realizing we were in the school bathrooms. I looked around “vampires” I whispered once I was certain Schuler and I were the only ones there.

 

“Well in that case you better hope whoever bit you doesn’t have some disease” she laughed slightly in spite of the horrible situation. I simply looked at her disappointed and sighed heavily. I couldn’t help but think back to last night.

 

Suddenly the bell rang loudly overhead, telling us our lunch hour was over. Schuler groaned loudly “Well I guess I’ll see you later” she mumbled, slinging her bag over her shoulders and leaving me behind in the bathroom.

 

I stayed behind and stared at the familiar stranger in the mirror. When I woke up that morning I realized I looked different, but still the same all at one. I was the same Aria but my eyes were a more enchanting colors of green and my blond hair shined brilliantly in the light while my skin seemed to had lost all color.

 

“Amazing how fast the change begins, isn’t it?” a soft voice said behind me, I whirled around to look at the small black haired girl that stood behind me.

 

“Who are you?” I asked dumbfounded. Our school was smile and usually I would have recognized anyone easily. “You don’t go to this school?”

 

‘No I don’t, but my name is Christina” she smiled kindly “I’m here to check on you”

 

She came to stand beside me. Slowly she moved a lock of hair from my face and examined my neck. “does it still sting?” she asked, pressing two fingered against the wound. I winced and nodded slowly.

 

She simple nodded and moved away. She must have seen my confused looks because she swept her long black hair from her face and revealed two scares on her neck that looked almost identical to mine. “Two years ago I was bitten, I was really scared, just like I imagine you are” her blue eyes looked up at me kindly.

 

“I really am turning into a vampire, aren’t I?” I said, my voice no more then a whisper. She nodded.

 

“You should be able to feel your fangs” she pointed to my mouth “Just think about them” she nodded encouragingly. I did as she said and sure enough small fangs began to prelude from my upper teeth with a slight ache. I examined them closely in the mirror before retracting them back into my jaw.

 

She let you a small excited gasp “Oh, Master Jace will be so happy I’ve found you before he had the chance to find you again! I have to go tell him” I looked at her confused, Master? I reached out to grasp her arm and demand she explained what was going on but before I could she disappeared through the bathroom door.



© 2010 DancingInTheDark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hmm, better, more unique, but I don't think this is your best. Maybe it is, but try to expand your level of thinking--think, what else could you add to give your plot that zing that always keeps readers going? The plot is progressing too easily. Everything is too . . . . I don't know, it seems as if you strive for making sure everything that is generally geared to happen happens quickly. That's bad. Making the plot progress too quickly is a turn off for some readers. You don't really provide any information about the characters situation besides the whole vampire thing, and your secondary characters are too boring. Secondary characters are supposed to make your writing come alive in the background, but I'm not really feeling your characters. Try harder.

Too easy. No story.

Your plot is better, I must give you at least that. And your dialogue is well used. I like that instead of describing every miniscule, unimportant thought that your character might be thinking, you use dialogue to show it.

It's okay.



Posted 13 Years Ago


This one had some grammar and formatting issues. For example, lied=lay and "I has school" and "our school was smile". Still a blast to read though. Keep up the good work!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

643 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 18, 2010
Last Updated on July 18, 2010