vampire kisses -Chapter 8-

vampire kisses -Chapter 8-

A Chapter by DancingInTheDark

A slight fear enveloped my mind, this was really happening. Jace really meant what he said. I pushed aside all urges to kill the vampire and replies with a simple and submissive ‘yes Master”

 

Jace seemed satisfied with my response and slowly climbed out of bed, leaving me there. He picked up a shirt that laid neatly folded on a chair and put it on. He heads to the door , and upon opening it he stopped for a minute. It looked like her was thinking. Jace turned around and caught my gaze.

 

“By the way, this is MY room. No one ever told you it was yours. You have been a guest. From now on, you will sleep I your own quarters” Jace said as he walked out of the room, closing the door lightly behind him. I banged my fists against the headboard. That son of a b***h! I screamed mentally, wishing that “Master Jace” was dead. Suddenly in the middle of all my rage I heard a soft knock on the door. Reluctantly I let my fists fall on the bed.

 

“Yes?” I asked in an irritated voice.

 

“It’s Christina, may I come it?” Came a small voice. I sighed heavily, though my temper had began to simmer. I walked over to the door and opened it for Christina. She smiled at me as she walked in with a tray in her hands. On top of the tray were two small teas cups. I had never been one for tea, but I supposed  I could make an exception just this once. We sat down on the bed as Christina poured the tea. I took the cup and sipped it slowly, the tea was still very hot. We both sat in silence for a minute until Christina finally broke the silence.

 

“Master Jace has been very merciful with you. I hope you intend to learn your place in the next five days” Christina told me carefully, trying not to sound like she was an enemy. My first instinct was to get angry, but as of this morning I had decided to work on my terrible temper.

 

“I have no intentions” I told her coolly.

 

“What?” Christina questioned, her voice surprised. “Do you have any idea the things Master Jace will do to you if you don’t?”


”Well…no, I don’t. But I don’t intend on sticking around long enough to find out. I’m getting out of here and going back to my home, where I belong. With Schuler and my grandmother” I told Christina.

 

“You are a fool!” Christina told me, I was taken aback by her words for a minutes as well as her harsh tone. “You are a newborn against vampires! He is much more powerful then you! Why are you so stubborn!?! You will die!!” Christina screamed. I had never heard the tiny girl speak so loudly. I reached gingerly for her hand to calm her down but she slapped my hand away. “No!” she continued to scream. “Why must you do this!?! If you die I will never forgive myself!!” Christina yelled, I watched, stunned by her words.

 

“Christina….how would my death be your fault?” I asked quietly. Tears began streaming down her face and she sat there, sobbing, for several moment. I waited patiently for her to calm down.

 

“I…I promised myself..” Christina sobbed. I looked at her questioningly.

 

“You promised yourself what?” I asked.

 

“That I wouldn’t let another one like you die” She told me, looking strait into my eyes.

 

“What do you mean, ‘another one’?” I asked, almost scared  of the answer.

 

“Do you think you are the only one Master Jace has ever claimed? You are the latest amongst hundreds. They have all dies at the hands of Master Jace. Many of them I had befriended. They were all much like you, strong willed and determined to find freedom. But they dies trying to find it”

 

“Is it not better to fight for your freedom and die trying, then to never fight for it and live in captivity forever?” I asked Christina. That was one of the many principles my grandmother had always taught me to follow.

“Usually, yes. But what no one ever understood is that here….here you must lose you freedom in order to gain it. Master Jace brought me here as a slave. Although I am still a slave, he treats me as a friend and allows me to go nearly anywhere I wish. Though I am still required to show him respect and do his bidding. But I do not mind, because I truly DO respect him. You will too with time. Why do you judge him so harshly so quickly? Play his game, Aria. If you find you will never gain freedom by playing by Master's rules, then by all means, try to find your freedom another way. But please...” Christina looked into my eyes and took my hand in hers “Please give this life a chance. I stared deeply into her pleading eyes. I took a deep breath and let it back out.

 

“Only for you Christina” I said quietly. Christina’s face broadened into a huge smile as she threw herself on top of me, hugging me tightly. “But I WILL find my freedom. One way or another” I told Christina seriously. She scooted away from me and nodded her head solemnly.


”Of course” She replies. I sat up and silently began sipping at the tea when a question popped into my head.

 

“Christina, what exactly ARE we supposed to be doing?” Christina laughed at my question.

 

“Come on, I’ll show you your first chore” I set my teacup back on the tray and flowed Christina out of the room. Strangely enough we turned and went in the opposite direction down the hall that we had yesterday. At the end of the hallway we reached a dark staircase. I carefully followed her up the stairs, somewhat afraid. Once we reached the top I noticed another hallway at the top that looked nearly the same as the one below. Christina continued down the hall and I followed until she stopped at one of the many doors. I noted that this door had a crescent moon carved into the center of it.

 

Christina took a small key out of her pocket and opened the door. I followed her into the room but couldn’t see anything do to the lack of light. Christina found her way through the dark and began lighting several small oil lamps. Now I could see clearly. It was a bedroom, decorated much differently the Jace’s. Everything was dusty and the bed was an absolute mess.

 

“Master Jace has a guest coming soon. This is the room he will be staying in. It is your job to clean the place up and make it look livable. There are fresh sheets for the bed in that closet right there” Christina said, pointing to a wooden closet against the far wall “I brought in the cleaning supplies before you woke up. It should take you too long. I will be working in the room right next to this with the star on the door. That is the room his slave will be staying in. Just knock on the door when your finished” she explained. I wasn’t very thrilled about having to clean the house, but for Christina' s sake I reluctantly agreed. She nodded and smiled before leaving me alone to clean.



© 2010 DancingInTheDark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

hmm...so that was His room....though i had thought christina said it was hers. maybe i misunderstood. Anyway! i like were this is going and i can't stop reading. keep it up! :p

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

581 Views
1 Review
Added on July 24, 2010
Last Updated on July 24, 2010