The Life and Death of Chess

The Life and Death of Chess

A Story by Dane Colbert
"

This is a small story on life and how it is compared and can be used as a chess game. I hope you enjoy it!

"

Mistake after mistake. Is it ever going to end? No. At least not for regular human beings. Stop and think about your actions. Life is a chess game. But there is no end. If you make a move, is it a good move? Or will you get killed by Life’s queen? Will you defeat Life? No. You will not. Because Life always defeats you. 

But you don’t have to go down like that. The title of your book shouldn’t be “Drugs have taken Bob’s Life”. We all will lose to life. But you don’t have to be defeated easily. Make it difficult for Life and play the best you can. 

You would rather lose and have tried your best, than lose and not care about the entire game. Life is a game. But it depends on what game you choose to play. And what game you choose to win. How to win you say. You win by becoming Life’s friend. Be kind to everyone, listen, and don’t make the same mistake over and over again. Do your homework and pay attention in class. Don’t slack off and don’t waste a minute of your day. If you treat Life well, it will treat you well in return. If you don’t treat Life well, it will not do the same in return. It will cheat on you. It will destroy you. It will change you. It will kill you. Use your Queen wisely. Don’t let Life take that away from you. 

The queen will keep you sane. Defend your Rook. Because the Rook will always defend you. Keep your bishops alive. Your beliefs are important and your Bishops will keep those for you. Knights. Ah, those Knights. One of the most valuable pieces. It might not be the most powerful piece, but the Knight is very unique and you need to keep your uniqueness because you are you. The pawn. The weakest of them all but very important nonetheless. 

The pawn is your everyday worker. Nothing special. The pawn is the only piece that can change itself into a better if it reaches the end. But there is no end. Therefore, the pawn is weak. But, the pawn is generic and that allows him to shape society and the world. Last but definitely not least. The King. Weak just like the pawn but despite that the most valuable piece. If Life kills your King, you go with it. Protect your King, at all costs. Even if you have to sacrifice your Queen, and take away your sadness. You would rather be crazy than die. These are the consequences. Don’t mess up. Consequences after consequences. Is it ever going to end? That is your book to write. 

© 2020 Dane Colbert


Author's Note

Dane Colbert
What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on October 23, 2020
Last Updated on October 23, 2020
Tags: story, short story, amazing, gripping, life, death, life lessons

Author

Dane Colbert
Dane Colbert

Destin , FL



About
My name is Dane Colbert and I am a 24-year-old writer that lives in Destin Florida. I love and appreciate writing and I would like to share my work on WirtersCafe. more..

Writing