The CN Tower

The CN Tower

A Story by Dane Colbert
"

Here is a short story of an imaginary CN Tower experience.

"

So there I was, staring down the CN tower. Feeling like it's the end of the world at the top of the world. Then I fell. 

I felt the world gushing up my sleeves. It felt like hours flying down one of the tallest buildings in the world thinking, will I die? Probably will. Believe me, I was terrified but I wasn’t thinking about falling and dying. I was thinking about nothing. Absolutely nothing. 

It was like I was meditating in mid-air while falling off a skyscraper. I tried to get in a comfortable position. The position when you are flying out of an airplane. I saw the faces inside the building and they looked at me. I didn’t have time to see what they were doing because I zoomed past them in a matter of seconds.

Beep Beep. What’s that sound? Beep Beep. I must be in the hospital. I opened my eyes and looked around. I was hugging my pillow as tightly as possible. Beep Beep. That sound..... what is it? 

I looked over and I found my alarm clock. That was the beeping. I was dreaming. Funny. My eyes opened. I jumped at the sight of it. I was standing on top of the CN tower. I looked to my right. My parents were posing at the edge and somebody was taking pictures. Oh YES. I remember we were on the Edgewalk! And I started dreaming! I pushed that thought out of my mind. I felt a gush of wind in my face and I smiled. I had to yell to talk to anybody. The staff was right next to us. 2 outside and 2 inside watching us. 

I felt the strap becoming lighter and lighter. I thought it was just my imagination going crazy because one, I was dreaming on top of the CN tower and two I was at the top of a skyscraper and was not really thinking about that.

But turns out, it was real. So, there I was staring down the CN tower. Feeling like it is the happiest moment in my life. Then I fell. 

© 2020 Dane Colbert


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on October 25, 2020
Last Updated on October 25, 2020
Tags: story, short story, amazing, gripping, life, death, life lessons

Author

Dane Colbert
Dane Colbert

Destin , FL



About
My name is Dane Colbert and I am a 24-year-old writer that lives in Destin Florida. I love and appreciate writing and I would like to share my work on WirtersCafe. more..

Writing