Who are you? Who am I?

Who are you? Who am I?

A Story by Daneom
"

A submission for the writer's contest Who are you?

"
  Who am I? In the morning I get ready for work, a silent man moving silently through a house watching out for any other signs of life. A toilet flushes indicating someone is in the bathroom upstairs. I step out of the house to start my journey to work.
  Who am I? Youtube music is turned on, a random playlist start to play, beginning with Jess Glynne, Hold my hand. I hit an app. I am a Pokemon trainer, gotta catch them all, as I journey to work. I arrive to the ending of a cover of Royals by Pentatonix, a captivated audience.
  Who am I? For the next nine hours I am part of a team. Who in turn are part of a company. I do my part. I pick and pack stuff. Drive a forklift, load a lorry. My team leader relies on me for the knowledge that I have. Some days are full of frustration. Some days are full of laughter. Most days I go home knowing i done the best I can. It is enough and a measure of me.
  Who am I? I get home. I have something to eat and then I pause and think. I could go to my best mate, who I known for over a quarter of a century, since we were boys at school, who children call me uncle, a family man. I could become a mechwarrior on my computer, winning countless battle. I could become a reader and be lost in a world that is not of this one. I could spend time browsing through facebook and catching up with people, many of whom I have not seen in years. I could be any of these or a multitude.
  Who am I? It late at night, and the part of me that I never show anyone begins to show. Everyone sees me as a person bubbling through with all sorts of emotions. Late at night however, I become a silent man again. Recovering from a day of life. For you see, Although I am all of these people throughout the day I hide a secret.
  Who am I? I am a man who battles depression who was taught to never give up. I am tired of existing. But I refuse to just lay down and give up. Because every so often, something happens and I find myself making a choice. Sometimes, that is all that is needed
  Who am I? I am a story that only been partially told, that interweaves with other stories to form a bigger story. Am I the villan? Am I the hero? Or just part of the plot filler? Who am I?
  I can only conclude, I am me. For better or worse.

© 2020 Daneom


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

20 Views
Added on October 22, 2020
Last Updated on October 22, 2020
Tags: Whoareyou?

Author

Daneom
Daneom

Braintree, Essex, United Kingdom



About
Partially deaf, love to read particularly Scifi/Fantasy. Always wrote down stories ideas and done some shorts that never did anything with. Decided to see if I can make anything of it for someone to e.. more..

Writing