Broken

Broken

A Poem by Daniel Gardner
"

I wrote this about my three year old son who has a tumor on his brain. He goes into surgery to remove it in the morning.

"



















Here I sit brokenhearted

Praying that my son
Does not become one of the departed

I will never forget how it all started
Three years ago
He began capturing hearts

Through birth pains he came in
Unknown to us his brain altered its image
But hid its true intentions

Now he is asleep
Deep in a dream
Of Thomas the choo choo train and chocolate ice cream

I fear the worst
But pray for the best
This is truly my greatest test

He is my first born
Him I truly adore
So I cry on the floor

I must be strong
I must remain calm

His last words before they put him to sleep
Play over and over like a heartbeat
"Daddy you make me feel better."
"Yes my son," as I kiss him on the cheek

© 2010 Daniel Gardner


Author's Note

Daniel Gardner
Please review and rate. I do not care about the grammar one bit. All those who do I will update on his status tomorrow after his surgery. Thank you all in advance for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this was amazing... i hope your son gets better soon i know its tough. I'm pregnant with my first child, and scared something might go wrong.. :/

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is such a sad, and beautiful poem. every human must be tested by the horrors of life, i'm so sorry that yours is this unbearable and atrocious. this is really a very heartbreaking poem, yet very well written and emotive.

you and your wife are wonderful writers, i've enjoyed reading both of your work.

i wish you, your son, and your family the best wishes!

Posted 13 Years Ago


that was sad. it seems that you cried or something at the end when you wrote the last couple of stanzas. there is some emotion in there. hope your son is ok now.

Posted 13 Years Ago


BROKEN really paints with words, the strong & loving bond you and your son have ...
You're wearing your heart on your sleeve and that takes guts.. Emotions spill off the page ... Lovely... Hope for the best.. Thanks for sharing!
LLR

Posted 13 Years Ago


Heart wrenching. Beautifully done.
I know no greater blessing outside of know Christ than NOT having to go through those emotions. So helpless. So well captured.

Posted 13 Years Ago


aww this is so sad! i am so sorry! hope all goes well. i am sure all will get better soon. ill pray for you. nice write by the way!

Posted 13 Years Ago


How sweet to write something for your son like this. I really do hope he gets better soon, he's a strong little guy, I'm sure. Great poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Kat
I broke into tears as I read this. My heart goes out to you and your family. YOu are in my prayers.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was very touching, I could feel the heartfelt words so profoundly, and I hope all the best for you and your family.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a beautiful, heartfelt, mind-blowing write. It exuded emotion and love, and in reading this I really felt like I was taken on the journey that you'd travelled. Having been through a similar experience with my best friend a couple years ago, I know just how emotionally draining it can be, and I can't even imagine how hard it must be for you to watch your son go through this.
Stay strong; your son would be so proud of you for this write. He's lucky to have such a loving father. :)
~PaperHearts

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2951 Views
67 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 13, 2010
Last Updated on April 13, 2010

Author

Daniel Gardner
Daniel Gardner

Monroe, GA



About
I'm an inspiring writer that has a million and ten thoughts running through his head all day. I joined this site because my wife inspired me to. I was not prepared for the thoughts to jump out so much.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cant Sleep... Cant Sleep...

A Story by Manda