Broken

Broken

A Poem by Daniel Gardner
"

I wrote this about my three year old son who has a tumor on his brain. He goes into surgery to remove it in the morning.

"



















Here I sit brokenhearted

Praying that my son
Does not become one of the departed

I will never forget how it all started
Three years ago
He began capturing hearts

Through birth pains he came in
Unknown to us his brain altered its image
But hid its true intentions

Now he is asleep
Deep in a dream
Of Thomas the choo choo train and chocolate ice cream

I fear the worst
But pray for the best
This is truly my greatest test

He is my first born
Him I truly adore
So I cry on the floor

I must be strong
I must remain calm

His last words before they put him to sleep
Play over and over like a heartbeat
"Daddy you make me feel better."
"Yes my son," as I kiss him on the cheek

© 2010 Daniel Gardner


Author's Note

Daniel Gardner
Please review and rate. I do not care about the grammar one bit. All those who do I will update on his status tomorrow after his surgery. Thank you all in advance for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I could feel the depression within you as a parent, i pray to god that your son gets well soon, the poem is so heartfelt and i wasn't able to read it like a poem rather it was like reading your heart... don't worry , have faith and trust in God!...


Posted 14 Years Ago


First I will put your son in my prayers. Our children are our purpose as soon as we hold them in our arms. I could feel the sadness and hope is in your words. A beautiful poem for someone very important.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


much peace.
much love.

Posted 14 Years Ago


As a father I can just imagine what you are going through. I pray that everything goes well. This touched me in away no other piece on this site has. My prayers are with your son and family on this night and all through this ordeal. God bless you all, dear friend.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I will be praying for your son tonight and tomorrow. My heart goes out to you and your family. You've written a beautiful, heartfelt, honest piece. It is amazing what doctors can do nowadays. Keep the faith and hang in there.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very touching writing.. this is so sad to read for one so young to have to go through. I loved the strength and emotion you portrayed here for him. I hope and pray his surgery is a successful one. I can not imagine what you are feeling but as a parent my heart goes out to this.. as it really would be the ultimate test for any parent. Best wishes and the warmest prayers to your son as well as your whole family..

Posted 14 Years Ago


Well, you've started on the right track here. a poem is first of all a thing of the heart (or maybe the imagination). This effort is clearly heartfelt and has some other things going for it, like continuity of theme, a rhyming scheme that is irregular (but not at all weak), and crisp (and logical) stanza breaks. Keep up the fine work and such things as grammar and metaphor (imagery) will follow. Hope your son does fine and is soon awake in your arms.

Posted 14 Years Ago



7
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2952 Views
67 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 13, 2010
Last Updated on April 13, 2010

Author

Daniel Gardner
Daniel Gardner

Monroe, GA



About
I'm an inspiring writer that has a million and ten thoughts running through his head all day. I joined this site because my wife inspired me to. I was not prepared for the thoughts to jump out so much.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cant Sleep... Cant Sleep...

A Story by Manda