Battle

Battle

A Poem by Daniel Gardner
"

This is an update on my son's condition.

"













We have slain the beast
Or severed its head at least
For it is like a Hydra
To say the least

It is Malignant
For this we must treat
But the battle is won
We made the enemy retreat

It will be back
So we prepare our counter attack
No telling when or where
Whether it will be here or there
All we can do is prepare

For the war is not over
But right now I don't care
I will protect my son
No one will ever touch a hair



© 2010 Daniel Gardner


Author's Note

Daniel Gardner
Thank you all for your kind words and undeserved kindness. My son made it through the surgery very well. The surgery was meant to be 5-8hrs but they finished in 3hrs. They removed it all but the tumor was malignant meaning it will grow back. It has been sent off for test to see if it is a 3 which does not spread and grows slowly or if it is a 4 which can spread and grows quickly. They did not have to remove any of his brain. The brain is just pushed over in the after MRI. It was the size of a grape fruit. We have a long road ahead but for now we can breath. He is awake and responding. They took out his breathing tube and some of the I.V's and needles. He gets moved from I.C.U to the cancer center tomorrow. Please keep up the encouraging words and reviews. They are extremely helpful and soothing to us. Also we are looking to see about releasing a book of poems and my story. All which are on here. We need a lot of help has this is a really bad strain to us financially. If we can get tons of reviews and and comments we can take that to a radio station or something to try and get a sponsor us. Please help us reach our goal. We will do this thru hard work not charity.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i love this poem. very nice. it does show the protection of a dad for their children. i think DareToDream below took the words right out of my mouth. thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I cant even begin to imagine wat you are going thru. I admire how strong you are and also thankful that you're sharing such an incredible story with us. wen I read this, it made me very inspired, so thanks. and many blessings to your son : )

Posted 13 Years Ago


magnificent thank god the surgery was a success

Posted 13 Years Ago


thank God that the surgery went well, God bless you and your family

Posted 13 Years Ago


I am so glad that everything is ok, he is a one strong kid :)

You are a talented writer, I wish You all the best with publishing your work :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


A powerful write sweety, love it xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'll pray for your son, this poem is so full of love and defiance. I understand what you mean, you know. As for financial issues...the only thing I can say is that I've heard of people holding little fairs and stuff, you know? I don't know, I'm sorry, I wish I could help. Maybe if you get your stuff published or something you can donate a little towards the research. I hope he gets well soon.

Posted 13 Years Ago


awww this was very good.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is awesome and I'm praying for your son

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1685 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 15, 2010
Last Updated on April 15, 2010

Author

Daniel Gardner
Daniel Gardner

Monroe, GA



About
I'm an inspiring writer that has a million and ten thoughts running through his head all day. I joined this site because my wife inspired me to. I was not prepared for the thoughts to jump out so much.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Everyday Everyday

A Poem by Manda


Handicap Handicap

A Poem by Manda