Water water everywhere, and not a breath of air to breathe.

Water water everywhere, and not a breath of air to breathe.

A Story by Dani Lollipop
"

Woo, my first short story on this website! I didn't really plan this out, I just wrote whatever came to mind, so if it sucks, forgive me. But hey it might be good! (I hope).

"

Waves. Gently lolling over calm, blue seas. Where darkness lies beneath. Rushing storms that leave mighty boats in a wreck of splinters and jelly-spines of wobbly-legged passengers. Magnificent, smooth skinned, enormous whales sail under, singing their melancholy tunes with booming voices, and further down, hideous blobs of jelly and fins, scampering over the ocean floor with fluorescent flesh, destined to never feel the warm sun bathing their cold, dead, skins. And on top of all an ocean vast and huge, cloaking the mysteries beneath with its tropical colours. From the pitch black in the darkest recesses of Man’s mind, to the calm turquoise that Man dyed on silk.

Man never was truly made to explore it, drop them in and their struggles are almost comedic. How they scream and shout, the salty tears of the ocean mixing in theirs, the hellish cold that breaks off their nails whole. Dark, shadowy tendrils from the monsters deep below reaching out in desperation, longing for the warm flesh of the hairless-ape bobbing in their territory. As the world goes dark for Man’s underdeveloped eyes, sinking ever lower into the mess they left. Barrels of oil and filth, the silent screams and pain of the caresses that accumulate on the sandy ground. The bone-white a sharp contrast to the bright coral that plague the icy depths. As the last bubble of worthless air escapes Man, he sinks ever lower into the depths.

The sea welcomes their destroyer, mummifying the tyrant in seaweed, blessing them with the gentle touch of the angel-fish’s fins as it scampers away from the Great White. His flesh eaten and rotted away, bones broken and shattered, only to be swept away on sugary white beaches and forgotten. For eternity.

For in the ocean, there is water everywhere, but not even a stinking breath Man can take.

© 2016 Dani Lollipop


Author's Note

Dani Lollipop
Not going to lie, I'd like it if you were a bit harsh. I'm trying to perfect my English skills, as it isn't my first language, so point out any spelling or punctuation mistakes. And a comment or two about choice of words, vocab., etc. will be appreciated. Thanks a bunch, huns!
Reviews are greatly appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on February 13, 2016
Last Updated on February 23, 2016
Tags: Water, Ocean, vocabulary practice, death, descriptive, practice

Author

Dani Lollipop
Dani Lollipop

san jose, CA



About
Hey everyone! So I am an aspiring writer, well that sounds a bit too much "as if I already have a plan" I guess. So anyway, I'm just a somebody who wants to practice their writing skills, for now I'll.. more..

Writing