I Wonder Sometimes

I Wonder Sometimes

A Poem by Dani California

 

 

 

I wonder sometimes

About moments online

Strangers showing love

Across the miles

His, hers, yours

And mine

 

I wonder sometimes

Faceless people I find

Conversations sublime

Words on a screen

Telling stories, secrets

Some that rhyme

 

I wonder sometimes

While we chat online

Passing hours in time

The joy of friendship

Smiles and laughter

In you I find

 

I wonder sometimes

Only knowing your mind

If it matters that I find

You’re really someone else

Though you’re still...

So kind

 

I wonder sometimes

Since we’re passing lonely time

If you’re really a friend of mine

Or just an imaginary companion

I’ve created in my mind

Online

 

I wonder sometimes

 

 

 

© 2008 Dani California


Author's Note

Dani California
This was inspired by my thought that although we don't always know the person we are communicating with on the other end of cyber space, if the connection is positive, and brings joy.... does it really matter? Should it matter?

Tell me what you think...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I wonder too you have broached a subject we all must think about. I have friends on line i have and never will meet. Some friendships span years and some are new. Some we just click with straiht away andothers the rapport builds gradually.. I wonder if we could meet with net friends face to face would that friendship still stand

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i wonder about this to but like you said if it brings you happiness and it's not hurting anybody then what's wrong with this. i really like this a lot. it's situations like this that have lead me to you right :o)

the last stanza is my faveorite.it says a lot about the human mind and the power we have to take care of ourselves. it's cute, has a youthful tone to it. i'm glad i read this my love :o)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh this was so brilliant.
I wrote something along these same lines called, virtual earth (pretty shameless plug huh? lol)
Really though, who hasn't had these same thoughts all the time in today's cyber city cafes?

Thanks Dani, I really enjoyed this!
Antonio

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful write, I loved it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

hmm.

I like this made me just stop and think.

=]

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

great write and very contemporary, I've met alot of people on the net, most of which I'd never want to know in real life but a handful of people have become some of my closest friends and loved ones, so to me it's just another form of communication. I also only share my poetry with a few people offline but mostly its for here :) great read...and judging from your many reviews, very in the "now" subject :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh, this is great! I so agree with what you are saying here...I have often wondered about some people I call friends from "online," because you never really know who you are dealing with..that is why I try to stay out of people's business online...it's better off ;) Although sometimes I do find people that I am soooo thankful to know because of the internet! ;) Nice write, Dani!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I guess we all wonder...It's weird, sometimes, knowing that the person(s) who know you best may be people who you never even meet...Then if you did come across them in the real world and not in cyber-space, would you still be friends with the person?
I don't usually share my poems with my real-life friends, but I value my online friendships just as much as I do my every day ones. I know most people probably don't value them that much, but I do. They're not there to judge you on your personality or looks or status or anything. They're just there to listen to your stories, and in turn tell you theirs. Granted, the internet can be a dangerous place if you give too much info., but from my experience, I think this is worth it. Your poem really gets this message across, I think, and that's why I like it. It's a bit cynical, yet reminds me of the beauty of having a stranger as a friend.
I really enjoyed this.
Very nicely written.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a great poem !! We sometimes forget that we almost hide behind the monitor. Not all as it appears but sometimes ...yes , sometimes, we really are everything that we say we are. The trick is figuring out who is real and who is not. Your poem is structured perfectly and your talent shines through . Great job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a insightful point of perception. I think we all wonder at times. However, I think there is also a certain level of genuineness as well. And even in people we see face to face there are hidden motives and unspoken attitudes of which not all we can perceive. So in this world that is tainted with false hood through and through the best we can do is filter out the golden truth and kindness we can find. And hope the next world is more real and lasting. We are eternal creatures we know this in our hearts. This is just the start of eternity. Thanks for the good write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Online friends can sometimes be so deceiving. You can tell them awful stories that you cant tell your parents, because names have no meaning. I've found alot of sanctuary in some online friends, or people I've never met before... like my brother's girlfriend's brother! Lol he's the best for my issues :P
I can really relate to this poem. Beautifully written :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1660 Views
67 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on May 25, 2008
Last Updated on May 26, 2008

Author

Dani California
Dani California

CA



About
A Noiseless Patient Spiderby Walt Whitman A noiseless patient spider, I mark'd where on a little promontory it stood isolated, Mark'd how to explore the vacant vast surrounding, It launch'd fort.. more..

Writing