Forever

Forever

A Poem by Dani California

 

Gently

I sink into you
My once strong exterior
Now coddled like a child
Within your arms
Seemingly helpless
I am safe
 
Gradually
My heart quickens
As I feel your essence
Engulfing me
An energy like nothing else
I have ever known
Joy is home 
 
Softly
You touch my cheek
A single stroke of your hand
Sends shivers through my soul
My pulse races
As I try desperately to preserve
This moment
 
Quietly
I weep tears of joy
For the moment that I am in
And I weep tears of sorrow
For the moment that will end
I just want to lay here in your arms
Forever

© 2008 Dani California


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The essence of you shines in this, Dani! It reaches out and embraces us with tenderness and delight. I think, anyone who has experienced such moments can find the beauty in this and can relate to how fleeting such moments can be, and the desire to "stay like this forever." I certainly can relate :) Much love to you, beautiful lady.....

Posted 15 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A beautiful love story here Dani. I might add that you are doing very good at the romantic poems. If I remember right you had said you were recently going to START writing them...You are a natural! I can feel your heart within each line and the need to run away from it all and your need and desire to stop the clock and stay in the arms of your love forever!

Quietly
I weep tears of joy
For the moment that I am in
And I weep tears of sorrow
For the moment that will end
I just want to lay here in your arms
Forever

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

love and being loved in the act of love .
paints a picture of perfection,,such as this poetic erotic write,
worthy of being read in church :-).peace wizthom

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Dani this is too sweet. Love can be so beautiful and when you find that special one you just want to be there forever. You've done such a wonderful job in expressing that great feeling.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 4 people found this review constructive.

The essence of you shines in this, Dani! It reaches out and embraces us with tenderness and delight. I think, anyone who has experienced such moments can find the beauty in this and can relate to how fleeting such moments can be, and the desire to "stay like this forever." I certainly can relate :) Much love to you, beautiful lady.....

Posted 15 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.

Heh heh heh, when you come from love any words you use to tell a tale will fall in pleasant order...such as in this case, glorious whimsy and fantastic intense shimmering orgasmic energy! I have to go for a walk in the cool air now, to catch my breath...then I need a drink!

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 6 people found this review constructive.

Wow! Dani , Now that is love . You have a way about you that allows your readers to fully experience just how deep you feel . This poem is no exception. The last stanza brings the whole poem full circle. Absolutely beautiful ..........as has become the norm from you.

Sends shivers through my soul
My pulse races As I try desperately
to preserve This moment

Great lines !

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 5 people found this review constructive.

nicley put

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 5 people found this review constructive.

I agree with StarrynightPoet, you have created a feel that is unmistakable. Your words tell a story of love at its most tender moment of surrender.

"Now coddled like a child" and "Joy is home" are feelings that we all want the moment we our in our lovers arms.

Enjoyed each word and line, friend of mine


Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 5 people found this review constructive.

Wow! This is exquisite, my friend. Simply exquisite. You have a way of capturing precious and rare emotions and weaving them into a gentle masterpiece of pure beauty.

I stand in awe.

Posted 15 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.


6
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1600 Views
59 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on June 26, 2008
Last Updated on June 30, 2008

Author

Dani California
Dani California

CA



About
A Noiseless Patient Spiderby Walt Whitman A noiseless patient spider, I mark'd where on a little promontory it stood isolated, Mark'd how to explore the vacant vast surrounding, It launch'd fort.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..